Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Red Rox posted:

Giddey and Kennard for NBA All Hair Fiddle team. Who else we got?

Now? Olynyk.

All-time? Nash for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Hand Knit posted:

According to Josh Lewenberg, the Raptors offered VanVleet a 114MM extension in the off-season, “the most they could offer him at the time.” I’m curious how this season as its gone so far changed that equation on both sides.

I was trying to figure out this was all about and then got even more confused when I saw this tweet
https://twitter.com/Sid_Seixeiro/status/1612086933252882435?s=20&t=0G2AinjHE6D7ggca36vSWw

I guess more and more people are realizing they are flawed/not executing and now they want a story? Or is the theory that the team is doing this to improve their off season negotiations?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

BWV posted:

I was trying to figure out this was all about and then got even more confused when I saw this tweet
https://twitter.com/Sid_Seixeiro/status/1612086933252882435?s=20&t=0G2AinjHE6D7ggca36vSWw

I guess more and more people are realizing they are flawed/not executing and now they want a story? Or is the theory that the team is doing this to improve their off season negotiations?

Here’s what the article, titled “Raptors Failing VanVleet, Not Other Way Around” says pretty deep in the article:

quote:

Prior to the start of the season, VanVleet turned down a contract extension valued at roughly $114 million, the maximum Toronto could offer at the time, according to a source. He’s eligible to sign an extension up to that value until the end of the campaign, but considering he can make more in free agency and he literally wears the mantra “Bet on Yourself” across his chest, it’s not a surprise that he would prefer to let his current deal expire before negotiating a new one.

In terms of what VanVleet will be looking for on the open market, the four-year, $130 million deal that Tyler Herro got last fall is expected to be the baseline. Officially, the Raptors don’t have to decide whether they’re going to be the team that gives it to him until July. Essentially, though, they’ve got to make that decision over the next five weeks, ahead of the Feb. 9 trade deadline, or they risk losing him for nothing.

Doesn’t really sound like a team leak at all so not sure what that guy is on about

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

no exclamation point, is he okay?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

fart simpson posted:

yeah because he was playing on mjs team

when was MJ on the Magic

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
"MJ would have abused his teammates into playing like allstars. Lebron could never do that." -Skip

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jordan playing in a league where the ideal shot profile everyone aspires to is literally Jud Buechler's.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/DevinGordonX/status/1612207166642855937

Thad come back plz

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

https://twitter.com/ClintIrving3/status/1612209137781460993?s=20&t=sQkFPDdhIebaeETCELOLOg

I feel like "had to be separated" is maybe a bit much.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

I mean that looks like them being seperated to prevent an escalation lol

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Dexo posted:

I mean that looks like them being seperated to prevent an escalation lol

The phrasing makes it sound like they were at each other's throats. The video looks like the sort of argument that probably happens all the time.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/bgeis_bird/status/1612219164357279747?s=46&t=2008_r_buixLDCUmFu7RUg

Mark Williams is looking pretty solid which is honestly a gigantic relief

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

IcePhoenix posted:

when was MJ on the Magic

1990s. when else?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

fart simpson posted:

1990s. when else?

I thought he was on the Bulls in the 90s

e: for some reason I thought Grant's all star year was his first year with the Magic not his last with the Bulls

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jan 9, 2023

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

fuuuck i hope durants knee thing isnt too serious

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
https://twitter.com/cavs/status/1612258615791960069?s=20

baby dunk :3:

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Did you guys know that derrick Rose and Kawaii Leonard were both diagnosed with Asperger’s?

As the fiancée of an aspergers female this explains a lot

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

IcePhoenix posted:

I thought he was on the Bulls in the 90s

e: for some reason I thought Grant's all star year was his first year with the Magic not his last with the Bulls

you thought wrong.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Dejan Bimble posted:

Did you guys know that derrick Rose and Kawaii Leonard were both diagnosed with Asperger’s?

As the fiancée of an aspergers female this explains a lot

I understand that the term 'aspergers' is no longer used for a couple of reasons, one of them being that Mr Asperger was a Nazi or at least extremely Nazi adjacent.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Chairchucker posted:

I understand that the term 'aspergers' is no longer used for a couple of reasons, one of them being that Mr Asperger was a Nazi or at least extremely Nazi adjacent.

Autism that doesnt render you incapable of living an adult life is much more of a mouthful, and they are such different things in practice that aspergers to me is a much more useful term

Its like getting rid of the word ice because the guy who named ice was a pedophile. And we have to call it that kind of water that’s just like one piece and it doesn’t fill vessels. Too many words!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/1612172257564184576

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Hey Sam, it's Bron. Just wanted to follow up on our previous email about me really not being frustrated. Thanks, appreciate it ;)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

BWV posted:

Hey Sam, it's Bron. Just wanted to follow up on our previous email about me really not being frustrated. Thanks, appreciate it ;)

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
cavs

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

yeah I agree

Also I just ordered myself a Donovan Mitchell jersey so that'll be cool

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Views: Ben Simmons may only take a handful of shots a game, but he's been huge for Brooklyn and is probably the biggest reason they went from a nearly bottom 10 defense to a top-10 defense.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

yeah, Ben Simmons, actually a really good basketball player lol.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

simmo the savage, IMO

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Yeah I remember Zach Lowe or something trying to give Speed Claxton credit and I was just couldn't help but remember how awful the defense was when he was out there early in the year. He's definitely a good two-punch in a one-two-punch defensive system but he's garbage on his own, Simmons is carrying.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rick posted:

Yeah I remember Zach Lowe or something trying to give Speed Claxton credit and I was just couldn't help but remember how awful the defense was when he was out there early in the year. He's definitely a good two-punch in a one-two-punch defensive system but he's garbage on his own, Simmons is carrying.

Everyone carries in the nba now I don't know why you had to single out Simmons

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

IcePhoenix posted:

lol

took me a moment

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

BWV posted:

Lol

https://twitter.com/dril/status/549425182767861760?s=46&t=6Yalq7tP1u3bdNyOJ-2gSg

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

lmao

Naw you can read the transcripts, of the interview, Amick got caught.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

what happened to the phoenix suns? they were the top team in the west like a month ago amd now theyre trash garbage?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

fart simpson posted:

what happened to the phoenix suns? they were the top team in the west like a month ago amd now theyre trash garbage?

Booker is hurt. Missed 11 of the last 14 games and it may as well be 12 because he only played 4 minutes in the last one he played.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Lockback posted:

Views: Ben Simmons may only take a handful of shots a game, but he's been huge for Brooklyn and is probably the biggest reason they went from a nearly bottom 10 defense to a top-10 defense.

Maybe overstating it a little, but he's becoming like a perimeter, point Ben Wallace.

He's a very unique player, and I honestly don't know how you really define his value in a vacuum at this point.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
He actually was one of my favorite players in the league before everything came tumbling down. He used to be able to just walk into 18 points ever night without having the ability to shoot though. That part of his game seems to be gone? Maybe it’ll come back? He’s still an amazing defender and facilitator.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Jack's Flow posted:

He actually was one of my favorite players in the league before everything came tumbling down. He used to be able to just walk into 18 points ever night without having the ability to shoot though. That part of his game seems to be gone? Maybe it’ll come back? He’s still an amazing defender and facilitator.

that part of his game is still there a little but Kyrie shoots 19.8 times a game, KD shoots 18.8 times a game, Royce 8.2, TJ Warren 7.7, Seth Curry 7.5, Nic Claxton 7.2, Joe Harris 6.8 and then you get to Ben at 6.0 per game. this is not a team where they especially need or want Ben trying to score so he isn't

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

R.D. Mangles posted:

simmo the savage, IMO

many people are saying this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

fart simpson posted:

Lots of injuries + questionable depth + CP3 got old

Booker is the only reliable scoring threat at this point and if he's not playing they look like poo poo