Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
If they just have the Vizards and Captains and Vice Captains and Ichigo's friends beat the 26 letters of the alphabet this time around it'd be a better ending, because everyone reaching a new level of bankai, losing to a sternritter, and then Ywach just absorbing them later and then losing without Ichigo even using his full Bankai/Fullbringer/Quincy/Hollow form out is the lamest stuff.

Am I mistaken, but aren't they finishing up this group of episodes and taking a break until summer? I hope they're pulling a reverse Evangelion where Kubo comes back to re-write everything into a satisfying conclusion before we end up with the really lame stuff that's coming up next

If not, then I hope Kubo is well rested and is ready to write the Hell arc to give people satisfying conclusions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I don't know fan sentiment in Japan but if the final arcs of the manga weren't panned over there I have no real hope of any real revisions of the story. Does anyone know how it was recieved?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Her final powerup turns her into a half-nekkid catgirl who even loses her intelligence and acts like an actual cat and also ends up not being Askin.

When you think about it most characters dont end up being Askin

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Bambietta is proof that Kubo doesn't want strong women because she was the strongest female Quincy and then spent like half the Quincy arc as a dumbed-down subservient zombie who only serves as an outlet for the Zombie Quincy's frustrations.

Nell :shepface:

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I thought everyone was Aizen

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Gah!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

SyntheticPolygon posted:

:sad:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Is there any explanation for why the series gets so much gorier as it goes on? It seemed pretty tame through the Soul Society arc other than the hole blasted through Mayuri, but it’s been noticeably gnarlier now that I’m at Fake Karakura Town, and TYBW is super brutal.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Is there any explanation for why the series gets so much gorier as it goes on? It seemed pretty tame through the Soul Society arc other than the hole blasted through Mayuri, but it’s been noticeably gnarlier now that I’m at Fake Karakura Town, and TYBW is super brutal.

Not quite sure what you mean considering soul society has Aizen strung up with a sword through his chest and fights like Ichigo vs Kenpachi unless you're talking about dismemberment?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I forget where but Kubo stated that he felt less restrained about what he could put in the TWBY arc because it wasn't being adapted into the anime at the time. Part of the sales pitch for this new season was that it wasn't going to censor out any of the violence like the old anime did. (they did remove a couple of sex jokes though).

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Kild posted:

Not quite sure what you mean considering soul society has Aizen strung up with a sword through his chest and fights like Ichigo vs Kenpachi unless you're talking about dismemberment?

Yeah blood and cuts I expect, it’s the dismembering and hand impaling. Not that it bothers me or anything, I was curious about the shift.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, everyone who matters uses a sword. what do you expect?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Yeah blood and cuts I expect, it’s the dismembering and hand impaling. Not that it bothers me or anything, I was curious about the shift.

Well there's Momo, Aizen's fake impalement, and Ichigo's impalement vs Kenpachi in Soul Society off the top of my head. Ichigo cuts off Yammy's arm immediately in the next arc.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Julias posted:

(they did remove a couple of sex jokes though).

Kinda' reminds you of peaches, doesn't it...

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also Mayuri turned his own men into living bombs against their own will in this first appearance.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The manga was always visceral but the anime censored it to some degree. Compare how Ichigo defeats grand fisher in the manga to the anime. The former depiction is some poo poo you might see guts pull off in berserk.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Also Mayuri turned his own men into living bombs against their own will in this first appearance.

Mayuri vs Lefty is going to be wonderful in motion. :allears:

Screaming skinless baby

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Just went to a sushi place called Kubo, among others they had a giant Bleach manga print painted on the wall of Grimmjow and Ichigo. The sushi was pretty good, too

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I have to question the logic of following up the quick, fun Hisagi/Kira/Komamura fights with this interminable Omaeda slog.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

The fact that Mayuri went from insane mengele type figure to "oh mayuri you crazy scamp" is like the biggest case of "forget about all the horrible poo poo they did, he's on our side, therefore he's a good guy now" in all of shounen.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Monaghan posted:

The fact that Mayuri went from insane mengele type figure to "oh mayuri you crazy scamp" is like the biggest case of "forget about all the horrible poo poo they did, he's on our side, therefore he's a good guy now" in all of shounen.

yeah like drat at least Orochimaru has to be under eternal house arrest Mayuri is not only never punished but never receives any meaningful comeuppance period

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
mayuri never changed, repented, reformed, regretted, or really faced any punishment other than losing a single fight.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

mayuri never changed, repented, reformed, regretted, or really faced any punishment other than losing a single fight.

but he was embarrassed by Kisuke a few times :v:

his character genesis starts with him sitting near the bottom of the Mugen, so maybe he did pay for a few crimes? Though I'm not sure I wanna know what did manage to get his crazy rear end locked up in superjail ghost slammer.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he committed every single ghost crime. so when urahara got him out, mayuri became immune to further prosecution due to a legal loophole. i'm sure the fine captains who definitely give a poo poo that mayuri vivisects people would like nothing more than to do something about him, but their hands are tied.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

It'd make sense if the reason he was in ghost jail prior to being freed by Urahara was because his extermination of the Quincies was undertaken independently. But no, I'm fairly certain he does it as captain of the 12th, which means Urahara is complicit in the Quincy genocide.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The leader of the entire Soul Society used the corpses of dead Quincy to mentally torture what he thought was Ywach, and the original Gotei 13 seem to have been quite happy to essentially genocide the Quincy so I don't think Urahara is the only one complicit in Quincy warcrimes or crimes against humanity (Quincanity? Souls?). Nor do I think Yamamoto would have blinked an eye at the suggestion Mayuri continued it to this day. Or even raised an objection to doing so.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Mayuri was Kubo's favorite character to draw/write , and you could tell by how much more alive the manga felt whenever he was on screen (panel?), so that problably explains a little of why he didn't get any punishment.

But also Soul Society sucks and Aizen was right.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

His beloved daughter (that he routinely abused and performed experiments on) died.

Oh right he made a new one.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

tsob posted:

The leader of the entire Soul Society used the corpses of dead Quincy to mentally torture what he thought was Ywach, and the original Gotei 13 seem to have been quite happy to essentially genocide the Quincy so I don't think Urahara is the only one complicit in Quincy warcrimes or crimes against humanity (Quincanity? Souls?). Nor do I think Yamamoto would have blinked an eye at the suggestion Mayuri continued it to this day. Or even raised an objection to doing so.

Yamamoto's response to finding out Mayuri went behind his back to "balance the scales" was essentially "for gently caress's sake, just tell me next time"

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I'm glad Mayuri never repented. Yeah I said it. I love that he's just Science Joker.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
A bad person getting away with crimes due to being useful to the state might be one of the most realistic things about Bleach

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Aizen did nothing wrong

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Bisse posted:

Aizen did nothing wrong

Aizen did exactly one thing wrong, and that was let Urahara cast a shitload of kido on him even though Aizen 100% knew he'd be up to some poo poo.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The way Soul Society switches from a fascist feudal dystopia into something Ichigo repeatedly risks his life and powers to protect, despite the system itself not really changing one bit and just because everyone is too distracted about how drat cool all the Captains are, is one of the more hilarious aspects of Bleach.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Bleach has maybe one of the worst afterlife systems possible. It’s pretty much all bad. Your options are hell, be a monster always in pain, or be poor as hell.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
The villains are actually the good guys :O

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Bleach has maybe one of the worst afterlife systems possible. It’s pretty much all bad. Your options are hell, be a monster always in pain, or be poor as hell.

hey at least you can potentially get out of being poor if you have spiritual power!

you'll just also be starving in addition to poor, and then have to fight monsters for the rest of your existence

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

hey at least you can potentially get out of being poor if you have spiritual power!

you'll just also be starving in addition to poor, and then have to fight monsters for the rest of your existence

Ulquiorra got it easy, being killed in a way that definitively means he just no longer exists.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

It definitely bums me out that will never get kubo's world of ghost assassination

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I'll never get over how they always hype up Ichigo for changing the ways of Soul Society but they're still genocidal monsters and Ichigo is their attack dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Doesn't the main bad guy in SAFWY try to do a Hollowdomor?