Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i dunno if anyone has ever suggested this before but i just want to help elon here, but if you aren't driving in your own car in the tunnel and getting a lift wouldn't some sort of automated tube you could sit on be more practical than getting a taxi? i hope this helps elon musk in the future. the tube shaped object could even be electric if that's his thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They could have built a rollercoaster instead.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Imagine being on a rollercoaster except all the cars are separate and you have to steer it yourself (or have Enrique steer it for you) or you'll go off the track

Also it's flat

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW4B94kMEFo

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
https://twitter.com/AdamWeinstein/status/1612271478925312001
We're just throwing everything at the wall right now, don't even care anymore. The only people who'd want to use twitter for this are the type of people who write poo poo like the twitter files so I can only assume Elon is really going after that sweet Substack money.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Strong Sauce posted:

have you ever wanted to do more work than is necessary at your job?

a lot of people who don't write software think of code way too visually, "block access to surface road maps for these specific cars and 'shove' in the tunnel layout" might be a real easy task if it was preplanned to support that, or it might take a 2 year rewrite of the code to support it. considering no one ever thought they'd need to block maps for some cars, there probably isn't an easy way to do this.

and there are way more risks to doing any kind of hackey job to get this done when there are federal regulatory agencies that oversee you.

this just raises a question for me: are there geofenced areas teslas aren't allowed to autodrive in? Like military bases? Just sort of internally comparing it to hobby drones.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
When will I be able to make bedazzled gifs out of my tweets, Elon

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

kazil posted:

Is there a source for this?

i doubt they can even get a GPS fix down there so they're probably oblivious to the surface roads

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The quickest way to irrelevance for your platform is to introduce compatibility with the other platforms everyone else already uses

"Our phone can run apps that are natively compiled for X other platform! This makes developers want to develop natively on our platform because ???"

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Steadiman posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamWeinstein/status/1612271478925312001
We're just throwing everything at the wall right now, don't even care anymore. The only people who'd want to use twitter for this are the type of people who write poo poo like the twitter files so I can only assume Elon is really going after that sweet Substack money.

Can't wait for this to roll out and 5 minutes later someone discovers they can now inject javascript into tweets.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

repiv posted:

i doubt they can even get a GPS fix down there so they're probably oblivious to the surface roads

I mean, that and the Teslas use cameras so the whole explanation makes no sense.

But a goon said it so it's gospel

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

kazil posted:

Is there a source for this?

There's a lot of stuff out there from the Vegas Convention Center manager and some of the Boring Co. reps that indicate self driving is "coming" to the loop by the end of 2022. It's only a little past that window, but Musk timelines are always questionable anyway. The loop should be a pretty easy area to FSD in, just load up the loop map and have the car ignore everything else. My guess is that Tesla uses some sort of off the shelf GPS or a license for a service that provides the information and there's some stipulation that Tesla won't touch the data. In looking for the source of the "no self driving because roads and buildings above" thing I did find a Vice article that had the script the Loop drivers were to give to customers if the parking spaces were full or they somehow went to the wrong location, as well as what to say if they were asked questions about the loop or Musk:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/pkb8bk/boring-company-loop-drivers-warned-what-to-do-if-theres-traffic

Vice posted:

The training manual covers many other scenarios, as first reported by TechCrunch, including providing canned scripts for drivers in case they are asked questions about Elon Musk, Tesla, or any number of other "extremely sensitive" topics. Most hilariously, drivers are told to call Musk "Awesome! [Inspiring/Motivating/etc.]" and "a great leader!" The script also includes a response for if riders ask about the safety of the vehicles traveling through the tunnels, but the response is redacted.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Lazyfire posted:

There's a lot of stuff out there from the Vegas Convention Center manager and some of the Boring Co. reps that indicate self driving is "coming" to the loop by the end of 2022. It's only a little past that window, but Musk timelines are always questionable anyway.

I'm going to be there later this month and I kind of wanted to see the death trap. Not actually ride in it, just see it. I guess I'll find out if it's open when I get there.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
in 2023 Twitter will slowly transform into a gacha game

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I think you mean Conservafinnity

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

OPAONI posted:

I don't dispute your points but I think the end state of Libertarian thought is "it should be 14".

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Drone_Fragger posted:

They had to use human drivers because autopilot kept detecting the roads above and trying to steer onto them, alledgedly.

Why wouldn't they customize the teslas used in the loop so they only have knowledge of the tunnel and not the roads above?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They've ignored all common sense everywhere else, why ruin a perfect game?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Machai posted:

Why wouldn't they customize the teslas used in the loop so they only have knowledge of the tunnel and not the roads above?

Working on it

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Machai posted:

Why use Teslas at all when you can just make some golf carts look like future pods?

Edit: or the pods used on rides like the Haunted Mansion?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Cthulu Carl posted:

Why use Teslas at all when you can just make some golf carts look like future pods?

Because now Las Vegas has to pay Awesome Elon Musk to use and maintain his cars

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Cthulu Carl posted:

do that and put an IR line tracker on it and you just solved the problems with the loop, outside of the fact that it exists in the first place

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

the great thing about the underground tesla tunnel is that when musks dies we can bury him in it

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Cthulu Carl posted:

They could even do those hologram things so it looks like your Tesla driver is a zombie

They had this technology perfected in the 60s

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Cthulu Carl posted:

Musk has suggested that the loop will eventually replace the Teslas in there now with his other vaporware product, the Robovan; a "highly configurable" van that exists only as renders and images that look like you fed the words "ugly steel plumber van" into an AI image prompt. It's based on the Cybertruck, so the 2024 launch date Musk pulled out of his rear end is going to be more like 2030 at best.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Songbearer posted:

It's just gorgeously satisfying to see this shining beacon of capitalism walk into rakes again and again while a chorus of sycophants cheer him on for his genius invention of the Manually Operated Kinetic Self Concussion Device

Unlike Trump, Elon actually cares about what his detractors think and so desperately wants to be loved by everyone that he's just Sad All The Time and there's a deep dark satisfaction to be had at a visible reminder that money can in fact not save you from being a white South African

I think that should be "Manually Operated Concussion (Kinetic, Self) Device", or MOCKS Device.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Lazyfire posted:

Musk has suggested that the loop will eventually replace the Teslas in there now with his other vaporware product, the Robovan; a "highly configurable" van that exists only as renders and images that look like you fed the words "ugly steel plumber van" into an AI image prompt. It's based on the Cybertruck, so the 2024 launch date Musk pulled out of his rear end is going to be more like 2030 at best.

Wasn't the Model 3 released several years behind schedule too?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The X-man cometh posted:

Wasn't the Model 3 released several years behind schedule too?

Yes. And at a higher price point than promised iirc

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He has no understanding of lead times and just says dates while the decoratively positioned engineers try not to scream on the stage behind him.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Sentient Data posted:

I think you mean Conservafinnity

My wife sent me this picture yesterday, and I sent her that conservative Brony comic in response.

She wasn’t happy to have that in her life, but I think we’re even.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The NOS sticker on a Chevy Spark is the cringiest thing on there no joke

e: well except "police lives matter", i'm being facetious of course

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What's the wing thing on the far right from the plate?

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

goatface posted:

I think that's the logo from Attack on Titan.

Edit: Yeah what Kojiro says down below. I had heard the author of it is right wing but have no idea how much of the ideology is pushed in the show.

Turbinosamente fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jan 9, 2023

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

goatface posted:

That is from fascist anime Attack on Titan

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I thought people were big on attack on titan

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

TVs Ian posted:

My wife sent me this picture yesterday, and I sent her that conservative Brony comic in response.

She wasn’t happy to have that in her life, but I think we’re even.

it's nice when there's something for everyone (to hate)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Thanks. I like to try and stay on top of the symbology of the weird.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ilmucche posted:

it's true the people ARE big in attack on titan. that's the problem!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ilmucche posted:

They were but then it turned out the creator is a fash and some of the latest stories are...

Just search for "AoT armband"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i thought attack on titan was on the moon titan.