Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

lmao

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

global chicken shortage

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

too many Gastons, not enough Belles

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

global chicken shortage

which came first?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

global chicken shortage

LAY EGG IS FALSE

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Platystemon posted:

Reminder that this is considered good news in British Columbia.

https://twitter.com/frozen/status/1610841834506571778

OH YEAH, THE

NOVEL

CORONAVIRUS WILL COMPETE WITH OTHER VIRUSES

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

global chicken shortage

poo poo, what?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Potato Salad posted:

OH YEAH, THE

NOVEL

CORONAVIRUS WILL COMPETE WITH OTHER VIRUSES

the global marketplace of immunity will select for the least deadly viruses

As an Empath...
Aug 19, 2022

Potato Salad posted:

poo poo, what?

Don't worry, it's mild.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Maybe it's finally gonna happen. Like it's one of those supernatural deal where he cannot die if he's still touching Brazil land soil. Doubt that Florida counts

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Time to short squeeze covid! *inhales deeply in a crowd*

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

LOL, the increase from 2020-2021 (27%) is less than the increase from 2021-2022 (30.5%)

extremely over

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

straight cackling over here

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

doesn't this dude get hospitalized like every month because he got stabbed and failed to be assassinated and now his intestines are all hosed?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

As an Empath... posted:

Thanks for the recommendation! :) I would love some chicken friends but I'm concerned about the predator situation up here and my ability to keep them safe. I'd feel incredibly guilty if something happened to one of the chickens on my watch.

Obviously other people manage to do it but I need to do a bit more research before I make a decision.

Ahhh! I love them! :swoon:

You can find a ton of vids on YouTube about keeping chickens and how to build an enclosure to keep them safe.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
People on podcasts always coughing now , real relaxing listening experience

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

i'm happy for covid, seems like it's doing real well for itself

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Soap Scum posted:

doesn't this dude get hospitalized like every month because he got stabbed and failed to be assassinated and now his intestines are all hosed?

yeah but my favorite is when he got infected legs somehow and just didn't wear pants for a long time (and so hid from public view)

xiaoren
Dec 9, 2021

No one wants to lay anymore

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

tangy yet delightful posted:

yeah but my favorite is when he got infected legs somehow and just didn't wear pants for a long time (and so hid from public view)

deserved

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

gradenko_2000 posted:

Chairman Xi please flood Southeast Asia

*deploys silver iodide cloud seeding artillery battalions*

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
grocery shopping at Hy-Vee #asmr #coughingasmr #drycoughing #nomasks

Pie Colony
Dec 8, 2006
I AM SUCH A FUCKUP THAT I CAN'T EVEN POST IN AN E/N THREAD I STARTED
the optimal amount of covid is non-zero. you see, by exposing your body to a fractional amount of covid, you help ramp up the immune system without getting overwhelmed. it's like a hyper temporal / local vaccine. so what i do is put up craigslist ads to buy used masks from people that have had covid recently (aim for 5-7 days after first symptoms). and nothing too crazy, just throw em a couple bucks. when you get there, you can usually tell if it's a person whose mask you'd want to be wearing. and then just start putting it on incrementally. i started with 1 minute per day, and worked up to 10. haven't had covid in over a year. great option for people who don't have insurance

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
HyVee has good curbside ordering and uses actual employees rather than a third party app so I do most of my grocery shopping there but only go inside like once every six months if I need something super specific or need garbage tags or something.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Pie Colony posted:

the optimal amount of covid is non-zero. you see, by exposing your body to a fractional amount of covid, you help ramp up the immune system without getting overwhelmed. it's like a hyper temporal / local vaccine. so what i do is put up craigslist ads to buy used masks from people that have had covid recently (aim for 5-7 days after first symptoms). and nothing too crazy, just throw em a couple bucks. when you get there, you can usually tell if it's a person whose mask you'd want to be wearing. and then just start putting it on incrementally. i started with 1 minute per day, and worked up to 10. haven't had covid in over a year. great option for people who don't have insurance

That doesn't work the way you think it does. The virus will still remain adhered in the mask fibers, just inhaling it in won't get the viruses in you.

You have to lick them.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Pie Colony posted:

i've got like 10 masks in my trash can right now if anyone wants to paypal me

mystes
May 31, 2006

Pie Colony posted:

What

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

As an Empath... posted:

Don't worry, it's mild.

are you implying chickens have been dying of covid

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Pie Colony posted:

I wish I could probe people for like 30 mins as a joke

Thoguh posted:

HyVee has good curbside ordering and uses actual employees rather than a third party app so I do most of my grocery shopping there but only go inside like once every six months if I need something super specific or need garbage tags or something.

We finally broke down and paid the city for a bin because gently caress driving to Hyvee and going inside just so I can put some stickers on a bag of leaves so the city will accept it, that poo poo make me crazy, just bill me directly omg

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Pie Colony posted:

Invirolation fantasies?

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Potato Salad posted:

No that would be ridiculous.

They're just dying of acquired immune dysfunctions system from covid

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Have you guys really not heard of the bird flu issues this past year? Only care about human diseases, smh

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Thoguh posted:

I'm conflicted because Hy-Vee was the first to have a serious curbside/pickup setup during the pandemic. Very efficient and got people in & out quick. It was a lifesaver in those first months for us. Downside was the shoppers made lots of mistakes and our Hy-Vee's usually had lots of expired product on the shelves. Also Hy-Vee is as bad as any other medium/large corporation, in particular subverting the layoff notification rules by 'offering' software engineers and advertising people jobs stocking shelves. Thankfully our local co-op and some other stores have started doing curbside pickup so we've been doing more with them whenever we can and they've been doing a really good job picking.

We had some luck calling the service desk the morning of our pickup and having them add garbage tickets to the pickup order at Hy-Vee so you can try that if you want to avoid going in.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Schmeichy posted:

Have you guys really not heard of the bird flu issues this past year? Only care about human diseases, smh

it's just the (bird) flu bro

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
i am not a bird why would I care about bird flu

As an Empath...
Aug 19, 2022

Potato Salad posted:

No, the chickens are dying because they were forced to wear masks and endure lockdowns. :(

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

silicone thrills posted:

I have an induction and it blows the socks off gas imo. Absolutely loving rules.

Induction fucks.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/butchanarchy/status/1612497742932381696

I mean, that handle, but they're completely right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Pie Colony posted:

good thing we shut down qcs am i right folks