Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Rageaholic posted:

I have Fast 9 on 4K but I have the 1-8 set too, so 9 is separate.

Same, but I kinda regret buying that F&F set because it has those cardboard sleeves that are terrible for taking the discs in and out without damaging them, and then also I hated F9 so I feel like I don't even need to continue buying the series going forward. So I think what I should've done was just buy the two or three films in the series that I like and left it at that. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
The Fast and the Furious and 2Fadt 2Furious should be DVDs, Tokyo Drift should be an HDDVD, 4-8 should be BluRays, and F9 should be a 4k. Give me that box set.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

TheScott2K posted:

The Fast and the Furious and 2Fadt 2Furious should be DVDs, Tokyo Drift should be an HDDVD, 4-8 should be BluRays, and F9 should be a 4k. Give me that box set.

This is bundled with a slim ps3, an HD CRT and a used couch.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Are the rightsholders to the Child's Play 1-3 movies different from those to the ______ of Chucky movies? I'm really happy with Scream Factory's releases of the first three last year and would be absolutely thrilled if the latter three got the same treatment.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

This Is the Zodiac posted:

Are the rightsholders to the Child's Play 1-3 movies different from those to the ______ of Chucky movies? I'm really happy with Scream Factory's releases of the first three last year and would be absolutely thrilled if the latter three got the same treatment.

Yeah, it’s a little goofy. I believe the first one is through MGM and the rest is Universal. I really wouldn’t be surprised to see the rest of the series coming to UHD this year.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Great news for everyone who is sick of amazon again, Best Buy has dropped the shipping charge and minimum order for My Best Buy members (the free membership). My local store closed and the next closest one has basically nuked their physical media section so I'm back in steelbook town, babyyyyyy.
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1612340360738639873

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

TheScott2K posted:

Cloks posted:

This is bundled with a slim ps3, an HD CRT and a used couch.

Christ i might have to actually assemble this set. I already have the tv and PS3.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Would TFATF and 2F2F come with the option of VHS?

pwn
May 27, 2004

edogawa rando posted:

Would TFATF and 2F2F come with the option of VHS?

They both were on VHS, yes, my days working at the video store have that poo poo burned in my brainstem. That's a bridge too far though. Any reasonable person back then would have bought the DVD, ergo it's DVD!

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Space_Butler posted:

Great news for everyone who is sick of amazon again, Best Buy has dropped the shipping charge and minimum order for My Best Buy members (the free membership). My local store closed and the next closest one has basically nuked their physical media section so I'm back in steelbook town, babyyyyyy.
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1612340360738639873

oh drat, this is great.

Tesh
Jun 30, 2002

If humans were cookies, I'd be the cookie monster.

Great news because ordering from Amazon is a crapshoot. I have the Supercop 4K preordered there and while the product page says the release date is tomorrow Jan 10, it’s “now arriving” at my house Feb 16. What?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tesh posted:

Great news because ordering from Amazon is a crapshoot. I have the Supercop 4K preordered there and while the product page says the release date is tomorrow Jan 10, it’s “now arriving” at my house Feb 16. What?

Do you mean Supercop or Dragons Forever? They were both delayed from what the original release dates were supposed to be. Dragons Forever is now Jan. 10 and Supercop is in March.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Boywhiz88 posted:

Sets like these are funny to me because it’s like… OK, there’s a 4th coming. What if you like the 4th? Enjoy having a disc that’s completely out of the norm?

And yeah, that happens naturally but to have it pre-determined to not fit in? Ruins my OCD!

They did box sets for the Resident Evil movies starting with the third one and then again after every one after that.

They've got a 4k box set for the whole series now. Only 60 bucks for all 6 movies. Does anybody have that, are there any problems with it? It's very tempting.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Gripweed posted:

They did box sets for the Resident Evil movies starting with the third one and then again after every one after that.

They've got a 4k box set for the whole series now. Only 60 bucks for all 6 movies. Does anybody have that, are there any problems with it? It's very tempting.

IIRC Sony stuck ads in a box over the credits for upcoming 4K releases.

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC

Basebf555 posted:

Do you mean Supercop or Dragons Forever? They were both delayed from what the original release dates were supposed to be. Dragons Forever is now Jan. 10 and Supercop is in March.

Amazon has both listed as Jan 10. I’ve had them both preordered since September but my Dragons Forever disc is estimated arrival Jan 17 and super cop is march 15!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

dorium posted:

goddamnit.

pwn
May 27, 2004

dorium posted:

Please elaborate because if this is what I think it is I am going to become a terrorist

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
"no one cares about these people anyway" - some rear end in a top hat at sony probably

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

At this point if you're buying 4ks, you don't need reminders to go buy more 4ks. You're gonna buy more no matter what

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

pwn posted:

Please elaborate because if this is what I think it is I am going to become a terrorist

I havent seen it myself, but from what I read online was the credits start and then it does that broadcast tv thing where it slides the credits over to one side then the other side starts playing an advert for releases.

pwn
May 27, 2004

I cannot emphasize enough how much Resident Evil doesn't matter to me. I almost made a joke post earlier, when asking if there was a problem with them, that they were Resident Evil movies. But this is no joke

So I'm That Guy. I respect credits. I stay in the theatre until the studio card, upsetting ushers. These are the people who made the film and if you enjoyed a film, or show, you should necessarily honour the folk who created it. For the past 3 decades, as the trend began in the early-mid-90s, I've suffered watching credits on TV get relentlessly shunned. Packed on the side of the screen, squished at the bottom, sped up, made illegible, all to facilitate running promos in 2/3 or 3/4 of the screen. If I can't get a movie without credits being hosed with on disc, when I paid for it, then I'll stick with Blu-ray.

Are other Sony 4ks like this?

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

SeductiveReasoning posted:

Amazon has both listed as Jan 10. I’ve had them both preordered since September but my Dragons Forever disc is estimated arrival Jan 17 and super cop is march 15!

My Dragons Forever from Amazon just shipped today so maybe soon.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Yeah mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

SeductiveReasoning posted:

Jan 10 was probably the original release date for Supercop but the bluray.com release calendar moved it to March a while back.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/releasedates.php?year=2023&month=3&4k=1

I guess Amazon never updated it. They were never supposed to be released on the same day, Dragons Forever was supposed to be like November but then it got pushed back to January 10 and the same thing happened to Supercop.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I watched my 88 Films steelbook release of Dragons Forever this past weekend and it’s so drat good.

The Millionaires’ Express less so, that movie is a giant mess. It completely wastes Cynthia Rothrock, too.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

what are the best versions of planet earth/bbc nature documentaries in general?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

abelwingnut posted:

what are the best versions of planet earth/bbc nature documentaries in general?

Maybe not what you're asking, but there are distinct releases, with Richard Attenborough narrating the British releases, and Sigourney Weaver and Oprah narrating the American ones. I made a point of getting the Richard Attenborough version of Planet Earth.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
I think you also have to watch out since some of them have 25 fps -> 24 fps slowdown applied in the US. I know the 4k of Planet Earth 2 has that.

It's ridiculous that our digital video standards didn't actually fix this problem. At this point, are there still TVs that can't handle 25 fps being made?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Cemetry Gator posted:

I think you also have to watch out since some of them have 25 fps -> 24 fps slowdown applied in the US. I know the 4k of Planet Earth 2 has that.

It's ridiculous that our digital video standards didn't actually fix this problem. At this point, are there still TVs that can't handle 25 fps being made?

maybe it's time for you gin soaked perverts to get with the program and stop with the 25fps already

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

pwn posted:

I cannot emphasize enough how much Resident Evil doesn't matter to me. I almost made a joke post earlier, when asking if there was a problem with them, that they were Resident Evil movies. But this is no joke

So I'm That Guy. I respect credits. I stay in the theatre until the studio card, upsetting ushers. These are the people who made the film and if you enjoyed a film, or show, you should necessarily honour the folk who created it. For the past 3 decades, as the trend began in the early-mid-90s, I've suffered watching credits on TV get relentlessly shunned. Packed on the side of the screen, squished at the bottom, sped up, made illegible, all to facilitate running promos in 2/3 or 3/4 of the screen. If I can't get a movie without credits being hosed with on disc, when I paid for it, then I'll stick with Blu-ray.

Are other Sony 4ks like this?

I'm not that guy because I'm never going to a theater again, but at home I'll watch the credits unless it's one of those massive movies where the credits are 20 minutes long. My favorite credits are the caterers and craft service.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh wow this Dragons Forever UHD is nice and hefty. Very cool.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Basebf555 posted:

Agreed. 88 Films has really been doing a nice job the past few years with their releases. This one is on par with what Arrow does.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Basebf555 posted:

im still waiting for my amazon delivery... ahhhh

https://twitter.com/TheDiscFather/status/1612561341117796352?s=20

Carrie Fisher was a real one. RIP.

no comment on her organization method

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Cemetry Gator posted:

Man I should have researched this before buying that one. At least it was cheap during prime sales, but wth.

I know it's a BBC production for PAL land, but can we just standardize 23.98 in the YOOL 2023

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jan 10, 2023

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

dorium posted:

im still waiting for my amazon delivery... ahhhh

https://twitter.com/TheDiscFather/status/1612561341117796352?s=20

Carrie Fisher was a real one. RIP.

no comment on her organization method
She demanded a copy of holiday special from Lucas as part of her payment for doing some commentary work. She would put it on at parties when she wanted people to leave.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
BREAKING NEWS

I preordered From Beyond 4k

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
I'm actually curious since I'm NTSC, are there pal tvs that don't support 23.98/24hz at this point? I'm assuming it's easier globally to find a display that can do 24, 48 etc then one that only has 25/50..Projection standard vs broadcast standard

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

BREAKING NEWS

I preordered From Beyond 4k

Guess I won't be getting u a gift then

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Don't worry I'll be calling in plenty of favors when October rolls around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Speaking of pre-orders, if anyone else was jazzed by the Rocky I-IV steelbooks that Best Buy is putting out, those are up now. Though if you're impatient, you may just want to order the box set. BB for some reason is staggering the steelbook releases, so Rocky is out 2/28 along with the box set. Then the rest one a week until IV on March 21st.

Which is so dumb. Has there ever been anything like that before? We're gonna punish you and make you wait because you want them all individually?