Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Snap every game because the cubes don’t mean anything yet and the rewards for climbing ranked are paltry garbage.

Now if they started rewarding tokens based on rank at the end of the season or something…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

goferchan posted:

That is probably the best Enchantress hit I'm going to ever get. To add insult to injury, Grand Central pulled the Debrii from his hand at the end of the turn and pulled my Kazaar. Honesty don't blame him if he uninstalls the game

Man, I bet that dude was so excited getting Onslaught out there first. Give him out there first means you stand a good chance of also being able to play Ultron on T6 for absolute win. I would bet they snapped either right when that happened or a turn or two after.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Tender Bender posted:

I pretty much never play Infinaut, there's just never a situation where skipping t5 is worth it to play him vs just giving his power to Dracula or (if I don't draw Drac) making other plays.

Skippy McPants posted:

Agree with this. Infinaut is only there to fuel Drac and as a panic option if nothing else comes along.

Don't forget:

* Jubilee'ing an Infinaut
* Lockjaw'ing an Infinaut
* Using Electro to drop Infinaut on T5

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

goferchan posted:

That is probably the best Enchantress hit I'm going to ever get. To add insult to injury, Grand Central pulled the Debrii from his hand at the end of the turn and pulled my Kazaar. Honesty don't blame him if he uninstalls the game

He deserves this for going with the full greed Onslaught Patriot list. It's sick landing those triple-stacked On Going effects, but you've got a real glass jaw against any good tech card. More balanced lists can play their Patriot, Marvel, and Mystique across different locations to safeguard against the various disruptions.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

The Sean posted:

Don't forget:

* one of the many discard options and then pulling an Infinaut with Ghost Rider!

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

boar guy posted:

does this thing even work? my pages always end up looking like this:

does it only work if i use the PC interface?

Working for me

It'll only show games played on PC obv

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

goferchan posted:

Lmao I love the siren call of an all in play, but legit, if he slams the mystique somewhere else with patriot buff he gas a good chance of still winning (all the silenced cards would start getting the mystique-patriot buff). Too greedy, gamer.

Hell, you're even telegraphing a deck that often runs enchantress or shang chi with zabu!! They deserve the loss :colbert:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

This was a very telegraphed play from yesterday's Luke Bar period. My opponent got wiped at Hala on turn 4 with a 1 point difference.

It was obvious that only Ultron was they only reason for them to keep going. They were very confident I didn't run Cosmo, because I got 8 cubes from it.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jan 9, 2023

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Looking back it looks like he actually played the Mystique on turn 3 attempting to copy Onslaught? Which didn't do anything because Onslaught wasn't "played". So he was already loving up honestly

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

The Sean posted:

Don't forget:

But Sean the deck in question doesn’t play any of those cards!

Edit: also,,,,,, is She hulk a better option than red skull …. 👀 think I’m testing this out

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jan 9, 2023

Angry-Alphs
Feb 24, 2019

the_american_dream posted:

But Sean the deck in question doesn’t play any of those cards!

Edit: also,,,,,, is She hulk a better option than red skull …. 👀 think I’m testing this out

I don't have red skull and have been using destroyer. Occasionally you can drop destroyer thanks to zero or cosmo consequence free. And still wind up with just infinaut for Dracula. Sometimes you do end up with the choice of playing one or two low cost cards or drop destroyer and hope drac wins the 1/2 or 1/3 chance to discard infinaut.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I mean with She Hulk you don't have to worry about the buff that Red Skull gives to your opponent's cards, and you can also play her as early as T4 if you skipped T3.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Someone posted this variant a few days back and it has been putting in Work for me; you could probably swap Attuma for She Hulk

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Push El Burrito posted:

Does the "stop at 590 and build up credits" advice still apply? I'm bumping up against that soon.

I started around the same time as you, but I'm CL 686 now. I was just entering Series 3 at the start of last week and I've managed to climb from Rank 20 to 40. Maybe I've gotten lucky with matches? There's definitely more Hela and Doom decks than before, and plenty of games that should have been a lock that I got bodied in the last round, but it's still fun and I'm still winning. I guess it depends on whether you're happy not seeing more cards as you play.

Question for you and other Drac-Zoo friends. Are you frequently skipping turn 5 or is that typically only when you miss Drac? Having a lot of success climbing since I started actually playing this deck right but im finding myself playing Red Skull (without Zero, dont have him yet) moreso than Infinaut and that cannot be correct

Think my issue is thinking KM is way more prevalent than he is and im hesitant to empy my hand until turns 5-6

The only time I skip turn 5 is if I don't already have Dracula, and at least half of those times I draw him on 6 but can't dump my hand. I think the correct play is to withdraw on 6 if you don't draw Dracula.

This deck is very similar to the Strong Guy Zoo deck, and I found Jessica Jones gave me better results than Kazar. I'm thinking the same thing is probably true with Dracula. Kazar realistically only gives about a 4-8 spread over several lanes while Strong Guy can give a 4-10 in 1 lane if you manage to dump your hand and is Shang Chi proof since the discard won't happen until the end of the turn. Jessica Jones is basically the same and more consistent. I might drop Cosmo for Storm too.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The Sean posted:

Don't forget:

Oh for sure, I meant just in the context of running a deck that aims to use Infinaut to send 20 power to Dracula

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I can not drop cosmo from any deck because gently caress Wong. I think its the smug expression on his default art but I really like disrupting that card

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

I can not drop cosmo from any deck because gently caress Wong. I think its the smug expression on his default art but I really like disrupting that card

Unless I am zooming in on Wong's picture I swear they drew him with a flat top Guile-From-Street-Fighter hairdo.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
The bots in this game can be such a bitch sometimes.

Just had one on turn 4, in a tinkers workshop (or whatever it's called, gives +1 power that turn) drop a scarlet witch and only that on turn 4, despite it not being a hazard location.

I happened to play 3 cards there that turn. They had priority and it changed to deaths domain and killed all my cards.

Cheating bots suck.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I just lost a game because I dropped Cosmo on Wong. I would have probably won otherwise.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

SweetJahasus posted:

The bots in this game can be such a bitch sometimes.

Just had one on turn 4, in a tinkers workshop (or whatever it's called, gives +1 power that turn) drop a scarlet witch and only that on turn 4, despite it not being a hazard location.

I happened to play 3 cards there that turn. They had priority and it changed to deaths domain and killed all my cards.

Cheating bots suck.

Yeah, apparently, the high-level bots have perfect knowledge. They always get to see which actions you'll take and they get to know the outcome of any RNG effect, from card draws to area re-rolls.

Walla posted:

I just lost a game because I dropped Cosmo on Wong. I would have probably won otherwise.

It's okay, everyone has killed themselves with Cosmo at least once.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Opponent dropped galactus on vormir on turn 6
But destroyed the Limbo location that he was needing for turn 7
Vormir eats galactus
My 1/1 squirrel wins the game

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Tender Bender posted:

Oh for sure, I meant just in the context of running a deck that aims to use Infinaut to send 20 power to Dracula

Gotcha. No shade, I was just trying to add more info in general.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Someone posted this variant a few days back and it has been putting in Work for me; you could probably swap Attuma for She Hulk

I want to give this a shot too. Feels like Zero is very important though.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I use Typhoid Mary (with Zero) in my version. She-Hulk would be strictly better but I'll never see her. Even without Zero, Mary can be a winning drop on 6 because you can mostly math her out to be advantageous. Zero is only there for Destroyer/Mary, as I don't have Red either.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 10, 2023

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
christ, leader is such loving bullshit. honestly how can you counter that nonsense.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

priznat posted:

christ, leader is such loving bullshit. honestly how can you counter that nonsense.

Play anything that doesn't rely on big 6 drops while behind on board state.

Buff decks like patriot/surfer/cerebro, Zabu, Discard, and Destroy all win reliably against it to name a few.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

priznat posted:

A lot of it requires setting up situations where copying your T6 plays+4 Power isn't enough to win for them. Either by having enough of a lead, or playing a deck where copying the cards isn't enough.

He's still bullshit, though. Every answer to him requires considerably more thought and preparation than just slamming the swollen green idiot on 6.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Just found out that Leader also copies card strength after On Reveal effects.

Played Wolfbane onto three cards (7), and then Surfer to get him to 10. Opponent played Leader, copied the 10 strength card and then applied the on reveal effect again and then surfer on top for a total of 17.

Seems especially bullshit that you can not only copy all your opponents cards but actually end up with stronger versions of them.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
I still think the best fix for Leader is to make him create plain copies instead of copying the buffs too.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Bottom Liner posted:

Play anything that doesn't rely on big 6 drops while behind on board state.

Buff decks like patriot/surfer/cerebro, Zabu, Discard, and Destroy all win reliably against it to name a few.

I got Leader recently, and let me tell you. It’s 100% this. I lost plenty as Leader was not a free win button at all. I had to be winning in two lanes for Leader not to be a gamble.

You can see it coming sort of by the cards they play. If you see a Maximus that’s one early clue a Leader might be in the works.

Another thing is, as a leader player, you need to win two lanes going into turn six; the leader will usually get played into an emptyish or losing third lane to seal the deal on the other lanes. You can Cosmo that third lane pre-emptively and gently caress them over.

If you fill your opponent's board with Debrii that’ll jack them up too.

If your deck wins by dropping big bodies on turn 6, then you need to accept that you’ll lose to leader unless you altered your gameplan early enough.

This is another aspect that’s unfortunate of not having certain cards. If you have the card and play it for a while you learn how it loses.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Spiderman and Aero are both great Wong fuckers

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Dracula is great against Leader since it copies him before the discard takes effect.

Source: I just trounced a Leader deck by playing Dracula on T6. Mine discarded Infinaut and his discarded Maximus. :getin:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I just had a game where I managed to Cosmo the entire board because it had the "duplicate card to another spot" node and the "you draw from your opponent's deck" node.

My mad cackle when I drew it on turn 4 was something to behold I'm sure.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Skippy McPants posted:

A lot of it requires setting up situations where copying your T6 plays+4 Power isn't enough to win for them. Either by having enough of a lead, or playing a deck where copying the cards isn't enough.

He's still bullshit, though. Every answer to him requires considerably more thought and preparation than just slamming the swollen green idiot on 6.

Which is my whole deal with the card. Sit there turn 6 almost roping out trying to squeeze every point you can then

LEADER LOL

I like the idea someone said here as a start to nerfing him to at least not give him the abilities. Just the base cards for their points in strength no on reveals or ongoing. That honestly seems like enough without completely killing the card and require SOME thought and set up before playing it

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jan 10, 2023

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

i have like 10 pool 3 cards left to get, and just spent 1000 tokens on juggernaut and i cant believe how good this card is. i have won multiple 8-cube games in like an hour of putting it in my surfer deck. absolute t6 mvp. the best was just beating a shuri-darkhawk whale who smug snapped on t6 only to have me knock his 30 point darkhawk into a lane he was already winning by like 30. owned

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

buffalo all day posted:

i have like 10 pool 3 cards left to get, and just spent 1000 tokens on juggernaut and i cant believe how good this card is. i have won multiple 8-cube games in like an hour of putting it in my surfer deck. absolute t6 mvp. the best was just beating a shuri-darkhawk whale who smug snapped on t6 only to have me knock his 30 point darkhawk into a lane he was already winning by like 30. owned

Him plus Storm is also an amazing two-card win location of choice combo.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

It's been said before but the report username process is waaaaay to over-complicated for what it is. It should be click, report name and done.

Don't make me type it out and explain why it's a rulebreaker.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Skippy McPants posted:

Him plus Storm is also an amazing two-card win location of choice combo.

he's so good on t6 i almost don't want to play him earlier

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Ubersandwich posted:

It's been said before but the report username process is waaaaay to over-complicated for what it is. It should be click, report name and done.

Don't make me type it out and explain why it's a rulebreaker.

A part of me wonders if they did this to deter people from reporting folks for emoting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

JackDarko posted:

A part of me wonders if they did this to deter people from reporting folks for emoting.

Or just grief reporting at random. If it was a one-click interaction then they'd probably have to deal with a lot more false-positives.