Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I would think that not using negative numbers as frequently would be more intuitive

I guess, if you were educated in America and find negative numbers difficult.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

thread has lost the plot if you're shittalking kettle corn

Americans are fat and have poor taste in food.

lobster shirt posted:

if you dont like americans arent these good things?

No, because unlike Americans, I do not seek to punish my enemies but to reform or disempower them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Weka posted:

Americans are fat and have poor taste in food.

kettlecorn is good

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

thread has lost the plot if you're shittalking kettle corn

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

kettlecorn is good

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

when speaking to someone who is not fluent in english they speak louder and slower as if that helps or does anything lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

yellowcar posted:

when speaking to someone who is not fluent in english they speak louder and slower as if that helps or does anything lol

Lol this is classic poo poo

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i never got that one. spanish-speakers talk way too loving fast and i can understand a lot more if they slow down

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

yellowcar posted:

implying that americans are fluent in english. maybe most of them understand the broadest american tv dialect, but the moment you start bringing in any regional flavor their brain apparently just shuts off, based on how people react to characters like snoop on the wire

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

They say "how are you?" and if you answer honestly they act like you committed some horrible faux pas. You're supposed to say "I'm fine" and move on because its just a greeting that means nothing. But if you want to say something that means nothing, you could just say nothing. You ever think of that Amerikkka? Keeping your mouth shut for once.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

americans bragging about their european* ancestry

*italian: paulie walnuts visits italy.mp4
*irish/scottish: lol
*german: the most americanized person going "oh i spell my last name with an umlaut!"
*scandinavian: inexplicably proud of ikea and that's it
*english: lol just give up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

They say "how are you?" and if you answer honestly they act like you committed some horrible faux pas. You're supposed to say "I'm fine" and move on because its just a greeting that means nothing. But if you want to say something that means nothing, you could just say nothing. You ever think of that Amerikkka? Keeping your mouth shut for once.

every country and culture has this though

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

yellowcar posted:

americans bragging about their european* ancestry

*italian: paulie walnuts visits italy.mp4
*irish/scottish: lol
*german: the most americanized person going "oh i spell my last name with an umlaut!"
*scandinavian: inexplicably proud of ikea and that's it
*english: lol just give up
It's not the bragging per se, but those Americans among us who will say straight up, "I'm Irish" or whatever ethnicity, and yet probably couldn't even point the country out on a map.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the only reason ive ever been tempted to do genetic testing or genealogy research is to know what part of wales is the most ancestrally correct part to play as in crusader kings

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

the only reason ive ever been tempted to do genetic testing or genealogy research is to know what part of wales is the most ancestrally correct part to play as in crusader kings

Wrong thread, this is the only cool reason to get your DNA tested

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

part of it i think, is that your average white american is so devoid of any meaningful cultural identity that's not mindless consumerism (at least to those that this revelation doesn't sit well with) or bog standard boring american patriotism that they've latched onto blood quantum to find purpose and place in their dull aimless lives

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

They don't even try to pronounce unfamiliar words or names.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Thinks Greek mythology is extremely high brow.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Thinks Greek mythology is extremely high brow.

this is whites in general. Romans too

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Leia. He would enjoy it very much indeed..
Honk at full volume at each other regardless of time, place or situation.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

In Training posted:

every country and culture has this though

Actually, the "how are you?" "I'm fine" routine is a very American thing. Assuming weird local customs to be universal is also very American. While we're at it.

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

put locks on baby formula in stores

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

Actually, the "how are you?" "I'm fine" routine is a very American thing. Assuming weird local customs to be universal is also very American. While we're at it.

uhhhhh whos gonna tell this guy :D

E:

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

ahh, this guy is still mad about some IRL stuff. just let it go!

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK has issued a correction as of 01:32 on Jan 10, 2023

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

we do "how are you?" "good, you?" "good"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

greeting in west africa is very formal and involved, even for close friends

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

uhhhhh whos gonna tell this guy :D

it's like the third thing that gets upvoted in askreddit threads titled "foreigners of reddit, what did you find strange about America?" behind only "the bread tastes like cake" and "there are flags everywhere"

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

E:

ahh, this guy is still mad about some IRL stuff. just let it go!

yeah, I'm still pissed off about the time a German asked me how the weather was and got mad at me when I accurately told him that it was raining because weird ritualised lying is just a universal part of small talk

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

kettlecorn is good

Mmmmm fat, salt and sugar on bland nutritionless starch. I like vegetables, meats and also grains and legumes, with some herbs and spices.

That reminds me, apparently Americans are so disgusting that salmonella in chicken farms is just normal. Lol bleach your chicken some more instead of having basic hygiene practices.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Weka posted:

Mmmmm fat, salt and sugar on bland nutritionless starch. I like vegetables, meats and also grains and legumes, with some herbs and spices.

lol loser

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Weka posted:

I like those too :)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Pig poo poo refineries

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Weka posted:

Slow down there, Paul Bocuse. Try to leave room for us mere mortals.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Weka posted:

That reminds me, apparently Americans are so disgusting that salmonella in chicken farms is just normal. Lol bleach your chicken some more instead of having basic hygiene practices.

I think the US is like one of the only countries in the that washes chicken eggs which is why ours aren't room temp stable for months like everyone elses eggs. Its such bullshit. And its because there's so much salmonella rampant.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

exmarx posted:

they have the death penalty

But are yet to use it on a billionaire

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

i say swears online posted:

greeting in west africa is very formal and involved, even for close friends

Read this in African Guy voice

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

you must nevah respect a non-greetah

Weka
May 5, 2019

Zeroisanumber posted:

Slow down there, Paul Bocuse. Try to leave room for us mere mortals.

Ahhh being compared to a Frenchman, the worst insult you can give to my people. I don't get fancy on it much though, I'll just roast a chopped up cauliflower or something.

EEKA GEEK posted:

Read this in African Guy voice

I love this sorta lilt, it's beautiful

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Weka posted:

I guess, if you were educated in America and find negative numbers difficult.

Negative temperatures are literally nonsensical in the first place, so Celsius is just as dumb, arbitrary, and useless of a system as Farenheight and people who tend to make a big stink about it are the "I loving love science" facebook idiots who think science is a someone staring intently at a beaker as they swish it in circles.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

Negative temperatures are literally nonsensical in the first place, so Celsius is just as dumb, arbitrary, and useless of a system as Farenheight and people who tend to make a big stink about it are the "I loving love science" facebook idiots who think science is a someone staring intently at a beaker as they swish it in circles.

drat this mf using kelvin

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

Weka posted:

No, because unlike Americans, I do not seek to punish my enemies but to reform or disempower them.

pussy

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

ArbitraryC posted:

you can argue FOR kelvin if you want but fahrenheit still sucks regardless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
so much loving sugar in sandwich bread