Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
I'd say we're at the point in Imperator where you've effectively won the game and the rest is a victory lap but I also notice that we've not seen anything east of Greece for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Lol how depopulated is Italia by this point. Last time I played Carthage my strat was just do coastal raiding where you just sack cities for slaves and gold while consolidating North Africa, by the time I beat rome a few provinces needed to be recolonized

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Technowolf posted:

So how high is the revolt risk in our new provinces?

there were a couple rebellions already that had to be put down, but it's pretty stable now -- ironically Rome itself is the most loyal, because it has almost no population after the sacking

megane posted:

sic transit Gloria Estefan

this is great

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Wow what a war! How much of that craziness with the war dead and size of the armies in the C1st BC was down to the mod or is that something that happens in Imperator normally?

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Congratulations! Uh, how long will it take to get back to your previous size of population? And do you have any army left or ability to pay for mercenaries? And yay for finishing the eternal doomstacks!

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

wedgekree posted:

Congratulations! Uh, how long will it take to get back to your previous size of population? And do you have any army left or ability to pay for mercenaries? And yay for finishing the eternal doomstacks!

Oh yeah we've got tons of money, still had around 10,000 by the end of the war (we were making money for large parts of the war, even with a bunch of mercenaries) and up to around 20,000 now

Population wise, the only really depopulated provinces are those that were formerly Roman, so we have a huge net gain from that war regardless

Weavered posted:

Wow what a war! How much of that craziness with the war dead and size of the armies in the C1st BC was down to the mod or is that something that happens in Imperator normally?

Pretty sure that's just base Imperator stuff, yeah

hashashash fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jan 10, 2023

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

if your entire army is made up of mercs, you're only really depopulating potential rivals when you get your army wiped :agesilaus:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
That's my favorite part of the Prince.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Part 8 — INTERLUDE

The year is 25 BCE — and though the struggle was long and onerous, at long last Carthage is triumphant.

But as the prospects and prosperity of Carthage slowly rose, so did the three great families of the Republic — Mago, Barca, Gisgo.

Over the course of three centuries, these three families have had their periods of dominance and depression, but they have also proven their worth to the Republic many times over. They’ve produced senators and priests, generals and Sophets; they’ve waged wars of conquest and defended the sanctity of the Republic; they’ve led and they’ve died, in battlefields and unmarked graves all across Africa, Sicily, Italia, Sardinia, Iberia, Gaul… and in doing all of this, they have also earned themselves immense influence, wealth, and territory.

With the long-awaited defeat of Rome, however, the story of Carthage has reached a turning point, and each of these three families seeks to take this tale down a path of their choosing…

———

:siren:VOTE:siren:

A — MAGO

Mago is an old name in Carthage. We were kings, we were sophets, we were judges and priests and generals — we are the very history of Carthage, and none know her better than us.

So it is surely we who will guide the Republic into her destiny. It has been a long struggle against Rome, but the wolf is now defeated, and the time has come to turn our attentions back to the original focus of Qart Hadasht — colonisation, trade, and commercial expansion.

Like the Phoenicians before us, we must be vigorous in the expansion of our peoples to the most distant places and very furthest shores…

Focus on furthering the colonial empire of Carthage. We may become a far-flung colony, with heavy backing from the Republic, of course, and the priority will be to spread Punic influence and found further colonies in Europe.
This option may lead to Carthage ‘unifying’ the West as Rome might’ve done, though by way of autonomous colonies rather than imperial conquest.

-

B — BARCA

Three centuries, three wars, three generations of Barca — it is us who resisted them at every turn, it is us who fought them in Sicily and Iberia and Italia, it us who knows them better than any other…

And we say, Rome is not dead.

Their city may be ashes, but the wolves still howl in those black and frozen wastes to the north. Only by walking that narrow, crooked path once walked by Hannibal, and crossing the Alps with our swords in hand, will the destiny of Carthage be assured.

Focus on imperial conquest in Gaul and Germania. May become the ‘Barcid Kingdom’, a realm spread across Magna Graecia and Italia, bent on continuing the wars against Rome with the ultimate aim of annexing their territories in Gaul and Germania.
This option will lead to a more expansionist and imperialist Carthage, filling the Roman ‘niche’ and potentially unifying the West.

-

C — GISGO

Rome is defeated.

A struggle that has stretched across centuries and generations is finally over, and Carthage has never been larger or wealthier… and yet, there are some who pine for more gold, and others obsessed with vendettas and personal glory… but we, the family of Gisgo Gisgo, act in the name of the gods — and the gods demand justice.

In the east, in that place where the fathers of our greatfathers once tread, the incestuous descendants of Ptolemy have sacked our ancestral cities and plundered our holiest temples. When these insults were made, we were not in the position to intervene, but now…

Now, the wolves are dead or scattered, and the gods must have their due.

Focus on the east, with several adventurers and armies funded with the aim of retaking Tyre. May become a new realm in Syria/Phoenicia.
This option may lead to a more expansionist and imperialist Carthage, or a Carthage that focuses on trade and mercantile expansion. In turn, the West may end up united, or it may remain fragmented.

———

Vote!

We don’t have much time left in Imperator, maybe about another hundred years unless something really interesting happens, so this vote is mostly to decide what we’ll be focusing on for that time, and our probable starting region in CK3.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Nov 10, 2023

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Voting A for Adventure

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
C — GISGO

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.
Also voting A. Would prefer new and exciting shores, rather than focussing on the past or becoming Green Rome.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
C - Time for us to return to Phoenicia

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Hiram Barca shouted, "I must defeat the Romans!"

The LP forums crackles: "No, Hiram. You are the Romans!"

And then Hiram became a Vomitorium.

B

megane
Jun 20, 2008

A!

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

C - CISGO

we must return home after so long

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008
A

Kyyrewyyoae
Jul 20, 2007

Vae debilibus!
C

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

B is a waste of time, the Barcas can use their expertise securing the western frontier and Iberia from the various petty kingdoms rather than chasing ghosts. I feel Rome will have quite enough on their table as the northern barbarians nip at their heels seeking their own generational vengeance.

A is... honestly the most pragmatic choice, as we're now the predominant power in the Mediterranean and should act as a proper economic hegemon.

However! There is something more important than money, more important than conquest. There is pride. We have finally vanquished our ancient enemy, now let us secure our glory by reclaiming our ancient homeland from whence came Queen Dido all those centuries ago.

I Vote Option C. Let us back House Gisco in one last great endeavor. Where once Qart Hadasht was a colony of Tyre, now let Tyre be a colony of Qart Hadasht!

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
How could I not go A.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

C go Gisco!

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
C — GISGO

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
C — to the Motherland.

Luca_024
Dec 26, 2022
My heart makes me want to vote B, but I think the most fun option here is A. The Romans have distracted us from our calling for long enough, now it's time for a new Carthage!

Innocent_Bystander
May 17, 2012

Wait, missile production is my responsibility?

Oh.
C - Look at the Gisgo's on this guy

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Going for the A team.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
A feels the most Carthaginian. Boats!

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
A — MAGO

Boats boats boats

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

A sounds very fun!

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

C

Going Gisgo

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
A

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
Gonna lend my support to A.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

C. Glory to Ba'al Hamon

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

A is for botes

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)

Agean90 posted:

C. Glory to Ba'al Hamon

We can not forget the Gods. C

Kanthulhu fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jan 10, 2023

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

A in the hope that in EU we go colonial, then switch to that colony and revolt against our corrupt overlords, which isn't something a ParaLP has done before

forkis
Sep 15, 2011

A!

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
A to establish a cultural precedent of NOT blobbing up in Europe.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omniphile
Apr 5, 2010

Love? Justice? Pah! I'll crush them all!
Gisgo or bust, C.