Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

browsers castle
Dec 27, 2011

Mister Facetious posted:

Well, for what it's worth, Mario Kart and some of the other driving games have wheel support if they want to spend the money.

Thanks for the suggestions, this seems to be the way to go especially if it has pc compatibility as well. Unfortunately those wheel shells for joycons seem pretty small so going to have to lay down the $$$ for a proper wheel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Oldstench posted:

Never played a Kirby. What Kirby should be my first Kirby?

you have to play Kirby Super Star.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Oldstench posted:

Finally getting through XBC1 and goddamn that's a long game. Does Riki secretly become a powerhouse at some point? I can't think of a single reason to use him if not. After I'm done, is XBC2 gonna be a letdown? Should I just move on to 3?

Riki's one of my favorite party members because he can heal and do something unless at the same time. Plus, the post-conversation w/ Shulk, Dunban, and Riki is perhaps my favorite.

XB2 is simultaneously more cheesy and more serious than its predecessor. Sadly, the main nopon in that game—Tora—is the worst. On the other hand, there are some very cool blades if you have the patience to get through the gacha system. Both the DLCs for each game are great—the Future Connected battle theme is maybe my favorite track in the whole series. SO DISCO

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Pro controllers have the tilt stuff in them

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I really liked Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk.

Its sequel, Labyrinth of Galleria comes out in about a month.

They still have some special editions available if that's your thing. In this case, I think it's mine.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Hammer Bro. posted:

I really liked Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk.

Its sequel, Labyrinth of Galleria comes out in about a month.

They still have some special editions available if that's your thing. In this case, I think it's mine.

Is this etrian odyssey

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's also a dungeon crawler but the mechanics are pretty different and story is more of a thing. I haven't played Refrain but I've heard that Galleria is an improvement on both gameplay and narrative fronts.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Oldstench posted:

Finally getting through XBC1 and goddamn that's a long game. Does Riki secretly become a powerhouse at some point? I can't think of a single reason to use him if not. After I'm done, is XBC2 gonna be a letdown? Should I just move on to 3?

Riki gets better the more you learn about him, his family, his village, his society, and his damage-over-time attacks. The DoT gets multiplied by the chain attack system which is nuts. He also easily hits Max HP.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Oldstench posted:

I'm playing Ocarina of Time for the first time and not really able to get into it. Pretty sure it requires a certain amount of nostalgia to actually enjoy it now. I played TP on Wii and can't remember a single thing about it. I don't remember hating at all. It just might as well not exist in my memory. WW = best Zelda.

adding on to the riki adulation, he's tankier than reyn, a better healer than sharla, his DoT makes enemy health drop like a stone, and his buff can randomly make your entire party invincible

his one significant weakness is that he's terrible at building aggro

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I'm just gonna say it, Tidus' outfit was unpopular because it's openly sexy in a way that apparently makes heterosexual teenage boys uncomfortable.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
you should have left it unsaid

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Maybe...if you have a clown fetish!!!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wanting to say tidus's outfit looks like a child clown, and that appears to be intentional, and that he is not an adult.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

jecht shot best shot

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ff10 is a funny game since it's both verifiably one of the most popular FFs but also among the most mocked with 8 and 13

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Riki's DOTs are ridiculous, a team with him, Seven and (if you're controlling her) Melia that emphasizes Bolt can make enemies melt in seconds. It's low-key one of the most fun team compositions in the game.

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jan 10, 2023

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Augus posted:

final fantasy x owns

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

X's combat system is amazing and I wish it got reused somewhere else down the road.

Hell, make it double for X2's.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I wish it didn't have random battles, but yes, FFX is pretty drat good. I feel the graphics and gameplay have aged quite well, even if other smaller parts (pauses in voice acting, accents, not skipping cutscenes, etc) haven't.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
random battles are an important part of my culture

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

random battles are an important part of my culture

I like running away from enemies on the overworld because it makes them look like dumbass losers. :smug:

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Maybe im weird but I would prefer if I could play FFX with Japanese voices and English subs but apparently that's a pain in the rear end to do at least on consoles. I heard the Oceanic Physical Switch version has this but I haven't been able to find any evidence of this

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Thinking to cop a switch so I can play actually fun games instead of the turds on series X. What switch do I gwt

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

nom epique posted:

Thinking to cop a switch so I can play actually fun games instead of the turds on series X. What switch do I gwt

steal a Nintendo Switch OLED edition (pre-Switch 2.0 edition)

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

Shammypants posted:

steal a Nintendo Switch OLED edition (pre-Switch 2.0 edition)

What’s switch 2.0 and when does it drop? Might cop from Best Buy and retuen

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

nom epique posted:

Never

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

grieving for Gandalf posted:

you have to play Kirby Super Star.

if you have an NSO sub you can, and should, play it right now.

also Age of Calamity is actually fun what the hell. half the Musou games on the console are kind of dull but this one seems to have some staying power. the story is weirdly more engaging than BotW's but i wish they replaced the returning BotW characters with 17 Twilight Princess ones. Impa can stay

i played KoF 2003 with my brother today and the game is still gorgeous and fun to play but lol @ the whole experience of playing an emulated Neo Geo game on a modern console. i like how one of the fighters is a teen girl that straight-up stabs people with a butterfly knife for her basic punch

Ramie fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jan 10, 2023

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

nom epique posted:

Switch 2.0 is the Super Switch Nintendo Entertainment System, or SSNES for short.

If you say Ess-nes, you will be console banned. :commissar:

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

This is the second left joycon I've had that stops connecting at all to the switch no matter what I do and I have no idea why this keeps happening to me.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

No cutscene skip is actually the one thing that prevents ffx's remaster from being a perfect game

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Oldstench posted:

Never played a Kirby. What Kirby should be my first Kirby?
Kirby Superstar Deluxe. It’s the most Kirby. Also it’s the last time the series had any semblance of difficulty.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Jet Jaguar posted:

Riki's one of my favorite party members because he can heal and do something unless at the same time.

I saw this and got confused with the FFX chat at first because Rikku is also secretly one of the most useful characters in that game.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Automata 10 Pack posted:

Kirby Superstar Deluxe. It’s the most Kirby. Also it’s the last time the series had any semblance of difficulty.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Kirby Superstar, Return to Dreamland or the 3ds ones are all excellent intros to current kirby gameplay, older games tend to be a bit more simple in ability movesets but are still very fun. Superstar, Adventure and Dreamland 3 are also all on the Nintendo console offerings for being on their plan.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Play Kirby's Fun Pak Kirby Super Star, it is imho still the best Kirby.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

ChaseSP posted:

Kirby Superstar, Return to Dreamland or the 3ds ones are all excellent intros to current kirby gameplay, older games tend to be a bit more simple in ability movesets but are still very fun. Superstar, Adventure and Dreamland 3 are also all on the Nintendo console offerings for being on their plan.

Kirby Superstar Deluxe has a pretty advanced moveset.

It also has a remake of the first gameboy game.

drat that game is good.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Yeah any version of Super Star. You have one on the Snes app.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

Is this etrian odyssey

someone played it in another thread somewhere and said it was, except with even more insane mechanics and lots of undisguised weird fetish poo poo with body horror and torture and women making GBS threads themselves iirc. i stayed clear lmao.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Chieves posted:

X's combat system is amazing and I wish it got reused somewhere else down the road.

Hell, make it double for X2's.

EA stole it and put it in a Lord of the Rings game lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

It's the most beautiful thing I've seen this year (and it's real)

https://twitter.com/Stealth40k/status/1612585611902472198?t=6k6WXZI0-t8PH4sui2s3nw&s=19

https://nintendoeverything.com/nyxi-wizard-gamecube-style-controller-without-drift-released-for-switch/