Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carew
Jun 22, 2006

Kharmakazy posted:

Not trolling, I just don't enjoy pressing one button over and over exclusively for combat so I refuse to do it. I know for a fact that I can hold aggro if nobody goes attacking random monsters instead of the primary, so I'm going to keep playing the way that I enjoy. If they don't want to get punched in the face, they can change their play style instead. When and if I get a second AoE that becomes slightly more palatable for me at least to rotate skills.

I understand and accept that the consensus is that I'm wrong, I just don't care. I value my enjoyment more than yours, because I'm a bad person.

Fwiw there have been no wipes or even deaths in any of my runs so far, but if that starts to happen I'll give it more consideration. For now worst case someone gets punched in the face by attacking a monster nobody but me has ever attacked in the combat, and then I run over and pull the mob off.

You guys feel free to keep hammering me with the comedy bits for as long as you find it amusing, I don't mind. I won't be defending the point any further in this thread however as I don't think it's productive.

Thanks for the advice as always! This isn't sarcasm, I appreciate you answering all my dumb questions and letting me know what the consensus is. It's valuable info.

Serious question, are you alright my man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Kharmakazy posted:

I know for a fact that I can hold aggro if nobody goes attacking random monsters instead of the primary, so I'm going to keep playing the way that I enjoy. If they don't want to get punched in the face, they can change their play style instead.

you are literally the only person who plays like this

expecting every single other player you get matched with to accommodate you is crazy talk

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Someone take this man through the 67 dungeon and livestream it

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

I think the point has been made and continuing to dunk at this point is pretty pointless. They're wrong but as they do higher level content and unlock a few more aoe skills so it's not just spamming the button I'm sure they'll start to get it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Kharmakazy posted:

Not trolling, I just don't enjoy pressing one button over and over exclusively for combat so I refuse to do it. I know for a fact that I can hold aggro if nobody goes attacking random monsters instead of the primary, so I'm going to keep playing the way that I enjoy. If they don't want to get punched in the face, they can change their play style instead. When and if I get a second AoE that becomes slightly more palatable for me at least to rotate skills.

I understand and accept that the consensus is that I'm wrong, I just don't care. I value my enjoyment more than yours, because I'm a bad person.

Fwiw there have been no wipes or even deaths in any of my runs so far, but if that starts to happen I'll give it more consideration. For now worst case someone gets punched in the face by attacking a monster nobody but me has ever attacked in the combat, and then I run over and pull the mob off.

You guys feel free to keep hammering me with the comedy bits for as long as you find it amusing, I don't mind. I won't be defending the point any further in this thread however as I don't think it's productive.

Thanks for the advice as always! This isn't sarcasm, I appreciate you answering all my dumb questions and letting me know what the consensus is. It's valuable info.

first of all you are trolling at least a little bit and it's easier to just admit it. there's zero chance you came up with 'well you don't pay my sub so i can do whatever i want' without seeing it somewhere else, lol

second of all: many classes in the game are going to be AOEing and aggroing multiple mobs, and players will be playing assuming that you don't have a bug up your rear end about not using your AOE button to control mobs. forcing everyone else who plays with you (like your wife, as you said in an earlier post) to need to play your way is a really unfriendly way to play an mmo built around cooperation, and being this aggressive and antisocial is just going to be bad for you in the long run

Mainwaring posted:

I think the point has been made and continuing to dunk at this point is pretty pointless. They're wrong but as they do higher level content and unlock a few more aoe skills so it's not just spamming the button I'm sure they'll start to get it.

nah they'll just get more lovely at other people until nobody wants to play with them anymore, the way it always goes

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Someone I was running a dungeon with ranted with that kind of mentality at me I'd just votekick. Done it before, its never failed.

Play with Duty Trusts, they love single target! Don't force people to conform to your nonstandard approach.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Kharmakazy posted:

uninstall

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Yoship stealing all of my fixes for MCH except for giving the job a defib battle res that uses battery gauge

Fine...for now...

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Thundarr posted:

No, to my knowledge there's no reason to have portraits for non-combat jobs (unless they show up in Diadem somehow?). Yes I made some anyway. I appreciate how the fisher portrait looks like it belongs on the cover of a Richard Scarry book.

You can show up to Mahjong rocking a crafter/gatherer portrait!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Why is there a button to turn Iron Will off? Can't you just do that by pressing Iron Will again?

e: oh they'll probably just replace the Iron Will button, whatevs, who got paid to make that change lol

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Grem posted:

Why is there a button to turn Iron Will off? Can't you just do that by pressing Iron Will again?

i think the point of it is that it's a toggle now, so the icon on your bars changes

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Just Undraw your tank stance.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

Not trolling, I just don't enjoy pressing one button over and over exclusively for combat so I refuse to do it. I know for a fact that I can hold aggro if nobody goes attacking random monsters instead of the primary, so I'm going to keep playing the way that I enjoy.

Hi, Dancer main here.

Literally 40% of my dps comes from an attack that's an aoe, an attack that's one of the MAIN GIMMICKS of Dancer, an attack that gives a 5% boost to my partners dps. What you're saying is I should ignore my classes MAIN GIMMICK so you can ~play how you want~? Nah.

Also: No one's dying? Congrats your healers are great and wish pain and misery on you.

Just loving aoe.

NBA FAN !!!!!!!
Dec 4, 2002

I use the e brake to stop when I drive and it’s going fine. I’ve been doing it as long as I’ve been driving (three days)

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Please just do like... 3 aoe attacks at the start of the pull before you go to cycling between your aoe and single target. You'll still be terrible but at least you probably won't lose hate to 95% of the dps out there that way.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Failboattootoot posted:

Please just do like... 3 aoe attacks at the start of the pull before you go to cycling between your aoe and single target. You'll still be terrible but at least you probably won't lose hate to 95% of the dps out there that way.

That's usually how I start combat, so I can definitely accommodate that at least, thanks.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

To clarify what's happening with the tank stance. Pre 6.3 turning on tank stance had a 3sec cool down, turning it off had no cool down. This meant if you spammed the button when trying to turn it off you could potentially turn it right back on which is a pain.

This isn't changing (except 3sec goes to 2sec) the new button is an alternative way to turn off tank stance that can't turn it back on. If you don't have issues with the existing button you can just not use it and carry on with your life.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

e: this ^^^^

flatluigi posted:

i think the point of it is that it's a toggle now, so the icon on your bars changes

The old buttons still say "Effect ends on reuse" and the new one does not say "cant' be assigned to a hotbar". Looks like it really is just Undraw, but for your tank stance.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I actually do agree that hitting one AoE all the time is boring... but only when I'm tanking. If I'm healing, you cannot hold me back from diving into a pack and spamming Holy, Gravity, or Art of War (I have not played Sage enough to know its AoE off the top of my head, but that one, too).

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

I am not sure if you understand; You seem to think that healers and DPS can manage their own aggro, like there are buttons to lower their aggro, like WoW used to have. However, last time I checked anyway, they do not have any of those tools. At all. The only way they can lower their aggro toward an enemy or if they accidentally pulled an enemy off of you is to stop attacking it altogether and wait until you or someone else builds up enough aggro to pull them off, which draws things out and other players do not like having their time wasted.

Anyway, if that doesn't get through to you, I am not sure much else will. And hey, at least you are doing your AOE from the top to make the enemies stick, and maybe with the way normal dungeons are balanced you won't hear any complaints for a while. Double so with the Duty Support/Trust system.

But, uh, if you ever get votekicked out of a party because you are being a self-admitting 'bad person' and you want to vent somewhere how they all should adjust to your playstyle and this is bullshit and SO MUCH FOR THE 'FRIENDLY COMMUNITY'...well, I wouldn't do it here.

EDIT: Okay, you can perfectly do it here. But we would laugh our asses off at you.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Jan 10, 2023

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Grem posted:

e: oh they'll probably just replace the Iron Will button, whatevs, who got paid to make that change lol

quote:

Tank
To prevent players from inadvertently toggling their tank stance off by repeatedly pressing the action, an interchanging action for disabling the tank stance has been added.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Oh, a tiny bit of information on 7.0, though it's just confirmation that the level cap will be 100. YoshiP also says that going past 100 doesn't feel right, so they need to do some considering about what to do in the future.
https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1612729124069707776?s=20&t=6csvqUAatof9xG2pQw4ggA

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Going past 99 doesn't feel right to me TBH.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Ibblebibble posted:

Going past 99 doesn't feel right to me TBH.

Yeah, but it'd also be weird ending at 99 for FFXIV, so it's a "six one way, half a dozen the other" situation.

Also, maintenance is ending early, in just a few minutes at 1:15 PST.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Game is up

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Onean posted:

Yeah, but it'd also be weird ending at 99 for FFXIV, so it's a "six one way, half a dozen the other" situation.

Why would 99 be weird? Every FF game u can recall had the cap at 99

I guess 8 was 100

Cousin Todd fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jan 10, 2023

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Because every expansion has meant an even 10 levels added to the cap, and going to only 9 next expansion would be weird.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Aw heck I needed to sleep soon :(

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

quote:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM THE DUNGEON ROULETTE BUTTON. ITS AURUM VALE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE SINGLE TARGET MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, METEOR SURVIVOR. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I HEAVY SWING SOME MORBOL BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP ROTATION. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED EORZEA'S MOST DANGEROUS DUNGEON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY FREE COMPANY AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN FREE COMPANIES CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE ABILITIES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY NOT USING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Onean posted:

Those bastards, I could've gotten an hour less sleep!

And can confirm, the "drop stance" button replaces the stance one.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
For those interested in the female version of the reward from the Tataru quests (it's four parts, with a headpiece, body, legs and shoes):

It also comes with a separate fundoshi.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Oh god there's new intuition spearfishing fish

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
goddammit, now I want some bao

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
I NEED ALL THE MUSIC FROM THE ALLIANCE RAID

WAAAAAH!! :supaburn:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Once you start learning how difficult animation can be, you start seeing flexes in the smallest parts of cutscenes.

(early 4.3 MSQ)They pick up pastries, break them open, and eat them! On camera!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

lol, I'm fairly certain Nophica and Nymeia did, but did Halone and Menphina also have Y'shtola's VA?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

1stGear posted:

goddammit, now I want some bao

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

TopHatGenius posted:

I NEED ALL THE MUSIC FROM THE ALLIANCE RAID

WAAAAAH!! :supaburn:

I'm doing the alliance raid tomorrow blind with friends so I can't enjoy the music today :negative:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

God, (after the alliance raid) the look on the WoL's face when everyone else gets a book and you get a tomestone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Onean posted:

Oh, a tiny bit of information on 7.0, though it's just confirmation that the level cap will be 100. YoshiP also says that going past 100 doesn't feel right, so they need to do some considering about what to do in the future.
https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1612729124069707776?s=20&t=6csvqUAatof9xG2pQw4ggA

game's bad now