Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
drat that seems like a hell of a wacky game full of good times which i am not gonna watch at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

ArfJason posted:

drat that seems like a hell of a wacky game full of good times which i am not gonna watch at all.

oh, word?

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Autisanal Cheese posted:

Oh my god this Goat Simulator run.. the poor announcer is losing it trying to keep up with this insanity

We are listening to a woman being murdered by laughter, it's incredible

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Kestral posted:

We are listening to a woman being murdered by laughter, it's incredible

Sounds like she's having fun, but im just not gonna watch it.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Illbleed is a game I hear people talk about a lot, but I've never actually seen in action until now. It sure is a game.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

DanielCross posted:

Illbleed is a game I hear people talk about a lot, but I've never actually seen in action until now. It sure is a game.

It's a very unique horror experience that everyone should experience at least once. And only once, which is why I'm not gonna watch this.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Holy poo poo that crash :lmao: , poor punchy

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

The game was the trap all along! Poor Punchy. At least it was early enough to not really matter. And hey, 12 minutes extra Punchy!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Dreamcast! Just as stable as I remember

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I have a dreamcast in my attic somewhere which just crashes 5-10 minutes after turning it on :rip: the controllers are all gross and yellow now so oh well not sure i wanna touch them anyways.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Oh punchy's running this one? then I'm definitely *not* gonna watch it

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
This sure is a video game.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Floodkiller posted:

Always amazing how quickly guards forget what the hell they are guarding when the funny bald man does something stupid in front of them.

I knew coins in Hitman games were an amazing distraction when you toss them somewhere. I didn't know that in Blood Money people become enthralled when you just do the pose that indicates you are about to throw one.

It's like NPCs think that you are David Blaine and that they are about to see some amazing street magic.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Catching up to the Blade II run now.

Programmer dev: "Some levels we didn't have the framebuffer budget for the coat, so we just (seemingly) randomly turn it off." Apparently the PS2 version didn't have coat at all lol

Also, the fist pump animation whenever you finish a level.

Edit: "Now the smart among you will be asking: why does it take more bullets (to take down zombies) on the Xbox version rather than the PS2 version. And as the Xbox programmer I can tell you, I have no idea. They should be the same! I did not change a single line of game play game on this. It is the same drat code!"

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jan 10, 2023

aeiou
Jul 12, 2006

It's cold in here...
Just kidding! It's to
fool enemies..
Was not expecting a Sonic the Hedgehog OC as a boss in Illbleed. But really after the rest of this game i should not have been as surprised. What a wild strange game.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Needed more bios tbh. Fun run, worth a watch for sure.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
i honestly have no idea how the rest of that run went I seem to have erased anything but dreamcast crashing directly to BIOS from my brain immediately after finishing the run

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Well done.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

i honestly have no idea how the rest of that run went I seem to have erased anything but dreamcast crashing directly to BIOS from my brain immediately after finishing the run

I'm sure you did a nice job. I didnt see it though.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Tuned in and someone is talking about dandelions while a game is happening. Maybe it's game related but maybe I should pull an arfjason on this one

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I love the other commentator just randomly going WOW! and SAFETY!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Reminder to crank welcome to the jungle for the full burnout experience

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

TeaJay posted:

I love the other commentator just randomly going WOW! and SAFETY!

Colour commentator hype man with the main commentator being so chill is a great vibe

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Could someone please explain ArfJason's refusal-to-watch gimmick?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Flesnolk posted:

They're in the top 3 of most ignored users on the forum, so the gimmick is that you're supposed to shave seconds of your total time by skipping their posts.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Mierenneuker posted:

They're in the top 3 of most ignored users on the forum, so the gimmick is that you're supposed to shave seconds of your total time by skipping their posts.
You get to decide if you're going for any% with RNG based on how many posts Arf makes or 100% by reading everything.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Mierenneuker posted:

Literally the only person on my list. I'd feel bad about this, but he'll not read it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

You get to decide if you're going for any% with RNG based on how many posts Arf makes or 100% by reading everything.

i'd recommend sticking to the most popular category

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Flesnolk posted:

The gimmick is that a bunch of weirdos get insanely angry every time he makes a post and it's very funny when one of them snaps because of the most inoffensive trolling in the world.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
yes all those people are insanely angry and not just mildly annoyed and tired at reading the same joke over and over. he already got probated for a week for doing it in the regular speedrun thread a few months back and even got threatened with a threadban because of it so it's not like it's anything fresh and new either

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

flatluigi posted:

yes all those people are insanely angry and not just mildly annoyed and tired at reading the same joke over and over. he already got probated for a week for doing it in the regular speedrun thread a few months back and even got threatened with a threadban because of it so it's not like it's anything fresh and new either

You can simply scroll past his posts

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
But the derails are unskippable.

Keith Stack
Nov 5, 2008

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
astral chain's really fun but all of the non-combat stuff not involving the dog mascot is pretty dull, so it's a hard game to replay

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

astral chain's really fun but all of the non-combat stuff not involving the dog mascot is pretty dull, so it's a hard game to replay

Sounds like im dodging a bullet by not watching it.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

so happy with a trick he pulled off he saved the video clip to his switch

legend

ZeGoggles
Jun 6, 2022

These are so good!

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~