Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

hazardousmouse posted:

tied to it's Kriss stablecoin, you can utilize their Jump! platform

uh huh uh huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

drk posted:

i've discovered there are a *lot* of bitcoin based novels on amazon

Far, far worse.
https://twitter.com/michaelwhitney/status/1612487770257211393

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

honestly it's really satisfying to be able to throw a gift directly into the trash, so it was a great present after all.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Alan Smithee posted:

the bog of eternal stench is a crypto convention

Why i stopped playing MTG for 20 Alex

drk
Jan 16, 2005
it is really becoming find out season

(in re CFTC vs "its not a crime, just a highly profitable trading strategy")

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Stealing profits of others to pay losses of others is totally legal!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Sickening posted:

Stealing profits deposits of others to pay losses of others owners is totally legal!

Ftx'ed

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Piggy Smalls posted:

Found the tweet but all the posts are gone except for one that is a positive reply. Can they delete posts from other users?

that's facebook dude

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
Friends, customers, colleagues and coiners: for the past six months I have been taking money from you and telling you I'm investing it in cryptocurrency tokens. While I believe everything I did was legal I feel I should clarify what me and my anonymous collaborators have been doing with those funds. First, I buy cocaine equivalent to the value of the funds deposited. I then transfer that cocaine to a deposit in my rectum where it is "cycled" and makes me high as gently caress. This is all legal because it's on the blockchain. Thank you. Amen.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

Friends, customers, colleagues and coiners: for the past six months I have been taking money from you and telling you I'm investing it in cryptocurrency tokens. While I believe everything I did was legal I feel I should clarify what me and my anonymous collaborators have been doing with those funds. First, I buy cocaine equivalent to the value of the funds deposited. I then transfer that cocaine to a deposit in my rectum where it is "cycled" and makes me high as gently caress. This is all legal because it's on the blockchain. Thank you. Amen.

Finally, someone in this thread that understands Bitcoin.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

How do the vegan shrimp platters fit in?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
How come SBF doesn't get vegan meals, but the Qanon shaman got organic food?

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Lammasu posted:

How come SBF doesn't get vegan meals, but the Qanon shaman got organic food?

I think it was the Bahamian prison that didn't do vegan food.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I have a dumb question about smart contracts.

They need to be validated like anything else on a network, correct? There's not just like one host doing all the smart contract stuff.

Could you write intentionally lovely smart contracts to DDOS whatever network you're on?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Deki posted:

They need to be validated like anything else on a network, correct? There's not just like one host doing all the smart contract stuff.

Could you write intentionally lovely smart contracts to DDOS whatever network you're on?

LOL

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

drk posted:

i've discovered there are a *lot* of bitcoin based novels on amazon

Weirdly tempted to write a crypto romance and self-publish on Amazon.

The floozy that tempts the bitcoiner away from true love of the NFT artist leaves him when the price dips. But then it goes to the moon and he becomes a captain of industry and rejects the floozy when she comes back as true love is on the blockchain.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Deki posted:

On ethereum anyway, to run a programsmart contract you need to pay gas fees for its "execution time"

So, no, you'd just drive up gas prices, but other contracts would still run, they'd just have to pay more.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

more falafel please posted:

On ethereum anyway, to run a programsmart contract you need to pay gas fees for its "execution time"

So, no, you'd just drive up gas prices, but other contracts would still run, they'd just have to pay more.

so how do you unstake Ethereum?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Ethereum is a virtual machine where you pay gas rates per operation or record created. You could create a really inefficient no op contract and pay ethereum gas to box everybody out. But the miners could also just blacklist you if you're only submitting nonsense noops if they are true believers in smart contracts. So the game theory solution is to perhaps make really dumb smart contracts. For example maybe it just adds a jpg link to a ledger. And then you're taking up ops while making money for no real product while you're at it.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
bitcoin is clicker game economy where you paid real money for fake screen money.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

LifeSunDeath posted:

bitcoin is clicker game economy where you paid real money for fake screen money.

But you see people pay money for digital assets all the time like on Steam therefore my NFT is equivalent

Checkmate

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

more falafel please posted:

Ah, makes sense.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Deki posted:

Ah, makes sense.

Does it though?

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Finally caught up on the Cryto Zoo scam and man - anyone investing in any crypto "project" is just asking to be fleeced. The poo poo these people did as a matter of course is just laughable. They stealth-launched the coin so they could all buy up a huge amount of it and then when they "launched" the coin and rubes started buying in they were able to sell all the coins they were able to get at an insane discount with no competition.

Then there's all the backstabbing internally and being like "guys don't sell" when half of them did anyway and money missing. It's just amazing. What a shitshow.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/molly0xfff/status/1612944868111794176?s=46&t=DPDFXrExNkMOZVHeiFbBUQ

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
I enjoyed the people who put thousands in to yet another logan paul scam because he said he's changed this time

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
If I hosed up so much I made Chloe Bennet break up with me I'd probably go crazy too.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Boxturret posted:

I enjoyed the people who put thousands in to yet another logan paul scam because he said he's changed this time

The funny twist is Logan somehow found a way to get scammed itself, and then melted the gently caress down after Coffeezilla released his video. Only to come crawling back when he realized a lawsuit would be so bad for him

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Lammasu posted:

If I hosed up so much I made Chloe Bennet break up with me I'd probably go crazy too.

a shame upon all Asians was lifted that day

speaking of logan paul

https://twitter.com/h3h3productions/status/1612612983057940480/

Logan Paul claims he rehomed the pig in 2020 when he moved to Puerto Rico (to avoid taxes)..
https://twitter.com/LoganPaul/status/1612860869347532800

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Tom Tucker posted:

Finally caught up on the Cryto Zoo scam and man - anyone investing in any crypto "project" is just asking to be fleeced. The poo poo these people did as a matter of course is just laughable. They stealth-launched the coin so they could all buy up a huge amount of it and then when they "launched" the coin and rubes started buying in they were able to sell all the coins they were able to get at an insane discount with no competition.

Then there's all the backstabbing internally and being like "guys don't sell" when half of them did anyway and money missing. It's just amazing. What a shitshow.

This is just a standard rug pull

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

CharlestheHammer posted:

The funny twist is Logan somehow found a way to get scammed itself, and then melted the gently caress down after Coffeezilla released his video. Only to come crawling back when he realized a lawsuit would be so bad for him

a lot of people pointed out that all the video did was just spread more awareness of logan paul scamming. lmao.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Flowers for QAnon posted:

It’s actually not standard because two of the developers sold in the shadow launch so Logan never actually got a chance to pull the rug.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Flowers for QAnon posted:

I always thought they built out the "rug" more fairly, like buying tokens at the time the coin launched, then when it got popular they pull the rug. I didn't realize they could just pre-set the rug like in a Bugs Bunny cartoon and people are somehow OK with investing into any of these projects. That's my own naivete showing I suppose.

So in this case they all tried to tell everyone "don't pull the rug yet" and two guys did it anyway that's amazing.

Then the fast rug-puller leaked a bunch of stuff to CoffeeZilla about how "I'm the real victim here".

Just the level of mental gymnastics needed to be into crypto is insane.

Tom Tucker fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jan 11, 2023

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
So it was a pig pull?

Also LMAO at bored ape people not knowing how legal poo poo works.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I’m glad the giant mini pig had a good outcome, eventually. Better than a lot of logan paul’s marks!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

If it wasn’t for Logan Paul that pig would have had to spend the rest of its life with Logan Paul.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

The thing about mini pigs is that they are mini, people just don't realize how loving big a pig can get. There's a reason why boar hunting used to be something you did to prove you're a badass, after all.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

He doesn’t give a poo poo about his own human fans why would he give a gently caress about any pig.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
those viet pigs are pretty small

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Ups_rail posted:

those viet pigs are pretty small

Small by pig standards but can still crack 100lbs easy.