Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Man I have like, 30 min to play now and that's if I taje my full lunch break and afterwards can't play until night :negative:

Gotta prioritize the alliance raid for that sweet blind experience, the trial can wait for the Extreme guide unless people still run it blind tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Onean posted:

Oh, a tiny bit of information on 7.0, though it's just confirmation that the level cap will be 100. YoshiP also says that going past 100 doesn't feel right, so they need to do some considering about what to do in the future.
https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1612729124069707776?s=20&t=6csvqUAatof9xG2pQw4ggA

Ah gently caress we're getting paragon levels from Diablo 3 aren't we.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Onean posted:

Oh, a tiny bit of information on 7.0, though it's just confirmation that the level cap will be 100. YoshiP also says that going past 100 doesn't feel right, so they need to do some considering about what to do in the future.
https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1612729124069707776?s=20&t=6csvqUAatof9xG2pQw4ggA

the level cap not being 99 is how this game begins its downfall

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Everquest AA, this is not hard :v:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

You say breaking the 99 cap feels wrong now, but when you find out how many skeletons we have to kill to get the drop for it...

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

just be lucky imo

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
There's an easy solution right in front of them.

Anyway I look forward to getting to level 100-10 in 8.0.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Arist posted:

God, (after the alliance raid) the look on the WoL's face when everyone else gets a book and you get a tomestone

During that whole scene I was thinking "hey a tomestone would make the perfect data storage item" and I expected someone like G'raha or Krile to manifest a tomestone. That WoL reaction is gold

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Trial ruled. Can't wait to try Ex.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Anyone have a spoiler free review of the alliance raid yet? I'm excited to go in blind this evening

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mainwaring posted:

Anyone have a spoiler free review of the alliance raid yet? I'm excited to go in blind this evening

It good

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Arist posted:

It good

Exciting!

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

How far into the new MSQ are the dungeon and trial unlocks?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Dungeon is one hour in, trial is basically at the end.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

...okay, maybe I can't do the cutscenes on my break because I just remembered internet is hosed and I get randomly disconnected. And they don't supposedly come until tomorrow to bring a new router.

I just wanted to beat up gods :negative:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Not much between the dungeon and trial, but the dungeon isn't front-loaded like last time.

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
How fun. New portrait options and a nice new glam? This game spoils me. I appreciate that the top and bottom are separate pieces and that there's an alternate set of undergarmets included in case one finds pants too bourgeois.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Once you start learning how difficult animation can be, you start seeing flexes in the smallest parts of cutscenes.

(early 4.3 MSQ)They pick up pastries, break them open, and eat them! On camera!

god I came back to this post after I saw it knowing what it'd be about

that was so cool

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

This is a Heavensward spoiler (but from 6.3)

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/AspectedCrystal/status/1612782918341894145?t=cfGP_VC8Td-KY_9sY0uwaQ&s=19

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

FuturePastNow posted:

I love it

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FuturePastNow posted:

I was just coming to post this lol

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

FuturePastNow posted:

This would be the best possible addition if I wasn't sure it's just a one-and-done.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I haven't finished the MSQ yet (just reached the dungeon and had to stop since I'm at work), but is it just me or are there more voiced lines in this update than normal?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
https://i.imgur.com/7oeYnrc.mp4

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
opening-the-front-camera-on-your-phone-rear end

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

How Shield Bash survived a paladin rework is beyond me.

And before the chorus of "It's good for POTD" rings out, yes I know it has its very niche use for a single piece of content and maybe maybe maybe useful for a few ARR things, but it's absolutely worthless otherwise. They have shown a willingness to streamline other jobs significantly so it's all the more surprising it survived.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

but its useful in potd

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
They added a button to add your inventory to existing stacks in your retainer, which is just chef's kiss as far as I'm concerned.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

A while back someone posted a link to a tool or website that let you browse housing districts for vacancies and the bids on open properties without having to do it manually ingame. Anyone still have that link?

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Onean posted:

Awful, this is worse than the trolling

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Oh hey, apparently there's new framer kits if you're Bloodsworn with the ShB or Endwalker tribes.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Chillgamesh posted:

A while back someone posted a link to a tool or website that let you browse housing districts for vacancies and the bids on open properties without having to do it manually ingame. Anyone still have that link?

https://zhu.codes/paissa

It relies on other players using 3rd party plugins to get the information so I don't think it'll be working properly for a while.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Still holding out hope for ShB tribe endcap quests.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Just went through the last few pages and I am not affiliated with that other Kazy. Glad we don't share a name anymore :v:

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
Did the alliance raid, was really good, the environments are dope.
3rd boss Halone is extremely cool and not joking with the mechanics.
2nd boss is very interesting to identify people who look at what's happening in the arena and those who don't :D I wonder which will be the meta strategy for the order of the boss

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

YggiDee posted:

https://zhu.codes/paissa

It relies on other players using 3rd party plugins to get the information so I don't think it'll be working properly for a while.

Thank you gamer, I'll keep an eye on it

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I just hope people keep playing the new alliance raid long enough for me to get there, I've been trying to clear the Stormblood raid for like two months now and can never get a duty pop :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Kyrosiris posted:

Oh hey, apparently there's new framer kits if you're Bloodsworn with the ShB or Endwalker tribes.

Thank you! It would have taken me forever to notice this