Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Sab669 posted:

I can't find the link on the wikia but pretend I posted the .mp3 for "I love Dota so much." from the Battle Pass

I missed playing DOTA a lot; Christmas travels got extended significantly due to that blizzard making it impossible to return home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtYt1BB2Ubc

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 6, 2023

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
The directed camera feels a bit like one of those features where whoever made it moved to a different project (or left Valve) and now nobody's quite sure how to fix it. I've started just picking random player perspectives because the directed view wants to stare at the middle of the map so often.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

They're roleplaying as Skywrath.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I completed all my cavern crawl, I'm finally free.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I'm still 20 bp levels from the hideous CM dog set and I probably wont make it

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I completed all my cavern crawl, I'm finally free.

How did you get a cavern of all tinker you degenerate?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

How did you get a cavern of all tinker you degenerate?

I powered through cavern crawl by convincing myself that playing counters to Tinker will make me a better Tinker player.

I still hate Spectre, so, so much.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

RealityWarCriminal posted:

I'm still 20 bp levels from the hideous CM dog set and I probably wont make it

I saw this poo poo last night and lol it makes me wish I had that “dota 2 hero design guide” collage handy

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Can you get a lil mini timeout if you get reported a bunch in a single game? My first match today I just played like straight hot dog water, and my teammates were none too happy about it, and like any good dota player I just said "well, the next game will be better" and clicked find match and it started searching for like a split second and then the button turned red and said I couldn't find a match for three minutes due to failing to ready up, abandoning, or bad behavior. It was probably for the best because I'm sure if I'd gotten anyone from the previous game on my team they'd be demoralized by seeing my dumb rear end two matches in a row, but I've never seen the matchmaker do that before.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Geight posted:

Can you get a lil mini timeout if you get reported a bunch in a single game? My first match today I just played like straight hot dog water, and my teammates were none too happy about it, and like any good dota player I just said "well, the next game will be better" and clicked find match and it started searching for like a split second and then the button turned red and said I couldn't find a match for three minutes due to failing to ready up, abandoning, or bad behavior. It was probably for the best because I'm sure if I'd gotten anyone from the previous game on my team they'd be demoralized by seeing my dumb rear end two matches in a row, but I've never seen the matchmaker do that before.

Nah the matchmaking process is just buggy sometimes if they're having server issues and you'll get a minor penalty for not readying up for a queue that didn't properly pop. It doesn't happen often.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

yeah I've definitely seen that happen to me and friends occasionally

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Please buy bkb, please buy bkb PLEASE BYU BKB..I do t care if you have a linkens or a manta oh my god you're a core please buy bkb.

Been a hard week of ranked

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Please buy bkb, please buy bkb PLEASE BYU BKB..I do t care if you have a linkens or a manta oh my god you're a core please buy bkb.
no

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Pudge Hook / Dismember go through it, Axe call goes through, this isn't a good game for it

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I actually found out the other day that if you're BKBed pudge hook can still hit you but will not interrupt channels so if he already used bite you can just TP out in his big stupid face

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

That’s absolutely not true. You cannot bkb tp away from pudge hook.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Geight posted:

I actually found out the other day that if you're BKBed pudge hook can still hit you but will not interrupt channels so if he already used bite you can just TP out in his big stupid face

DNK posted:

That’s absolutely not true. You cannot bkb tp away from pudge hook.

you can, but there's a trick that the pudge can do in order to gently caress you over

hook does not interrupt channels through bkb. if you're channeling TP and get hooked, you will keep channeling TP. so yes, normally hook will fail to stop you from bkb tping out.

the issue is that if the pudge hooks you and your TP finishes while you are still in the process of being pulled, then you will snap back next to the pudge and he'll kill you. any pudge who knows this will try to go for this timing and it's not THAT hard to do, so a good pudge will manage to get you most of the time.

fun fact: this also works on your teammates as pudge so you can stop their TPs and collect free reports

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

cock hero flux posted:

the issue is that if the pudge hooks you and your TP finishes while you are still in the process of being pulled, then you will snap back next to the pudge and he'll kill you. any pudge who knows this will try to go for this timing and it's not THAT hard to do, so a good pudge will manage to get you most of the time.

I love this game so much :allears:

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

cock hero flux posted:

you can, but there's a trick that the pudge can do in order to gently caress you over

hook does not interrupt channels through bkb. if you're channeling TP and get hooked, you will keep channeling TP. so yes, normally hook will fail to stop you from bkb tping out.

fun fact: this also works on your teammates as pudge so you can stop their TPs and collect free reports

Did not know this thank you

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

isn't that also the tech that made the legendary fountain hooks a thing

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Sorta; that was using Chen to recall Pudge and send him home the second the hook connects. Which was fixed by assigning the target's "end point" to be Pudge's location when the hook was sent out, rather than when it makes contact IIRC.

This is trickery of the target's location, not Pudge's - just also kinda "abusing" that perfect moment of contact / positioning changes.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I remember a Timbersaw buyback bug where if you're chaining to a tree, die, and buyback before your body hits the tree you go all the way from your fountain to that tree you chained to.

Also with Bloodstone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgancADKchI

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I remember a Timbersaw buyback bug where if you're chaining to a tree, die, and buyback before your body hits the tree you go all the way from your fountain to that tree you chained to.

A similar bug with dying while being tossed by Tiny and buying back before you land existed and is basically the reason I think QC won one of the NA DPC seasons over EG

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Same thing with Tiny's Toss and Weaver's Time Lapse.

Although the former was a bug and has been fixed after like a TI win because of it I think? The latter is work as intended, I'm pretty sure.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Sab669 posted:

Same thing with Tiny's Toss and Weaver's Time Lapse.

Although the former was a bug and has been fixed after like a TI win because of it I think? The latter is work as intended, I'm pretty sure.

Yeah, same with Puck. High skill buyback plays are good.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix posted:

A similar bug with dying while being tossed by Tiny and buying back before you land existed and is basically the reason I think QC won one of the NA DPC seasons over EG

found the clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUbw13yvfeg

QC won game 3 as well and won the second NA DPC group in 2021 because of it.

https://liquipedia.net/dota2/Dota_Pro_Circuit/2021/2/North_America/Upper_Division

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

found the clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUbw13yvfeg

QC won game 3 as well and won the second NA DPC group in 2021 because of it.

https://liquipedia.net/dota2/Dota_Pro_Circuit/2021/2/North_America/Upper_Division

Beautiful

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It's funny when people on potato PCs disconnect and then it takes them like 8 minutes to get back in Dota and by then they've abandoned whether there were pauses or not, and half the time they're pissed at their team and start intentionally feeding. You might be able to win 4v5 but winning with a 0/28 Juggernaut is harder.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I experienced some prime Dota the other day with the enemy mid constantly DCing and continuing to come back well past getting an abandon, while my team slowly transitioned from goofing off and laughing about this free ranked win to outright screaming at each other as we got repeatedly picked off individually by the enemy LC/Skywrath combo. Normally I like to listen to that stuff because it's funny to hear people get that worked up over a 3k game but by the time we were pushing down their ancient they were just straight-up both trying to yell louder than the other, this game really brings out the beast within sometimes.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I almost never encounter voice comms rage in Unranked, but I'm also fast & loose with the Mute functionality.

I was having such a good Chen game yesterday with a Luna VS Dark Willow / Bounty Hunter.

We dunked on the Willow super hard, who was part of a 3 stack with guild mates, but then they abandoned 17 minutes in :(

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009
I always assume everyone has voice comms but also everyone is so salted and tired / annoyed with internet tough guys that noone uses them anymore. I only play turbo these days though, and feel like it's full of people who have realized that getting good is a fool's errand.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

My computer audio is configured to play Discord through my headset and game audio through my speakers, so if I want to use my headset and use in game chat I need to just wear it around my neck. Which I guess isn't a big deal, but I just never think to put it on for pub games

Ouroboros
Apr 23, 2011
I just started playing hoodwink, enjoying it but is there a way to hotkey the acorn shot to do the tree planting version on demand? Right clicking the button on and off is extremely not cool, and when I try to target the ground I always gently caress up and target a hero instead and whiff my bushwhack.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Ouroboros posted:

I just started playing hoodwink, enjoying it but is there a way to hotkey the acorn shot to do the tree planting version on demand? Right clicking the button on and off is extremely not cool, and when I try to target the ground I always gently caress up and target a hero instead and whiff my bushwhack.

How does her acorn shot interact with quickcast? Maybe that'll give the functionality you want if you set a separate button for that.

Ctrl ability also toggles on/off the ground target vs hero target as well.

Personally I leave it always ground target after a certain point since losing 1 bounce of damage is less important then hitting the stun.

Ouroboros
Apr 23, 2011

OGS-Remix posted:

How does her acorn shot interact with quickcast? Maybe that'll give the functionality you want if you set a separate button for that.

Ctrl ability also toggles on/off the ground target vs hero target as well.

Personally I leave it always ground target after a certain point since losing 1 bounce of damage is less important then hitting the stun.

Yeah it's tempting to just leave it on but it kinda sucks for farming. When you go maelstrom/daedalus build losing the extra bounce does make a difference.

Anyone got a good alternative for the ctrl modifier (though I think mine is set to alt? not sure)? ctrl+q and alt+q both feel really bad for me.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Ouroboros posted:

Autocasting it switches it. You can set the autocast hotkey to whatever you want if you have per-hero custom hotkeys.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

it's been a whole year since rtz stream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
He streamed like a week or two ago, which is why carry lina is now so popular.