Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

discount cathouse posted:

i read that and its good but tis more about making games than gaming.

lol arent you the fetlife guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

https://steamcommunity.com/id/haydivision/

Friend me if your profile looks cool. Right now I'm working on my FetLife posting.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I got the tude now posted:

This sounds cool

It’s basic AF but it’s funny and the actor is awesome lol.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmao

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
I had to delete my fetlife profile due to an unfortunate series of posts that were deemed racist, that were made during a psychotic episode.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I had to delete my fetlife profile due to an unfortunate series of posts that were deemed racist, that were made during a psychotic episode.

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Updating my journal.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

making a note here, huge success

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Who amongst us

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Updating my journal.

Fungah! posted:

making a note here, huge success

loving lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lemony Kinkshame's An Unfortunate Series of Posts

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
decided to reread all the witcher books before my w3 replay, best excuse ill have to do it and its been a number of years since i read them so should be fun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Happy for your personal growth homie. Brofidt.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lmao

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

Matthew?

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

Nutmeg posted:

decided to reread all the witcher books before my w3 replay, best excuse ill have to do it and its been a number of years since i read them so should be fun

I'm reading Blood of Elves for the first time despite being a witcher-head for a while. It's better than I figured it would be. I don't like how dialogue centric some parts are, but that's a personal hang up. The writing outside of characters talking is so well paced that I wanted to see more descriptions of what's happening instead of just reading characters talk in reaction to action. Its been fun to read without being 'stupid' and that's what matters.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Uncle Frank posted:

I'm reading Blood of Elves for the first time despite being a witcher-head for a while. It's better than I figured it would be. I don't like how dialogue centric some parts are, but that's a personal hang up. The writing outside of characters talking is so well paced that I wanted to see more descriptions of what's happening instead of just reading characters talk in reaction to action. Its been fun to read without being 'stupid' and that's what matters.

Make sure you read the two short story collections as well, a lot of places mark Blood of Elves as #1 in the series because it’s the first novel but the short stories set up a lot about the emperor and Ciri’s birth etc

I’ve been meaning to reread all the books and do a a Witcher 3 replay too but I’ve read like 11 books total the last two years so I’d need to prioritize reading again—I beat around 110 games that same time frame so it’s just a matter of how I spend my time. Slowly working my way through The Name of the Rose at the moment

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

name of the rose is so sick, eco ftw. if you havent i'd also super recommend baudolino, it kicks rear end

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Name of the Rose is great and really sticks the landing. One of the first screenshots I saw from Pentiment was basically Eco's map of the library so now I really want to play it.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Name of the Rose is great and really sticks the landing. One of the first screenshots I saw from Pentiment was basically Eco's map of the library so now I really want to play it.

lol I’ve owned the book and have been meaning to read it for years but playing Pentiment is what got me to finally do it and yeah Pentiment takes a huge amount of inspiration, it may as well have the same abbey. The Pentiment abbey also has one of the last scriptoriums in Europe, a towering library with a strict librarian that makes sure anyone checking out a book has a proper reason for it, as well as a bunch of other stuff that might not be deliberate but just an effect of both being based off real historical abbeys.

Fungah! posted:

name of the rose is so sick, eco ftw. if you havent i'd also super recommend baudolino, it kicks rear end

Yeah this is my first Eco, I’m definitely going to read more—thanks for the recommendation!

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Make sure you read the two short story collections as well, a lot of places mark Blood of Elves as #1 in the series because it’s the first novel but the short stories set up a lot about the emperor and Ciri’s birth etc

That's funny since I thought getting dropped into the narrative worked really well for the first book lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

lol I’ve owned the book and have been meaning to read it for years but playing Pentiment is what got me to finally do it and yeah Pentiment takes a huge amount of inspiration, it may as well have the same abbey. The Pentiment abbey also has one of the last scriptoriums in Europe, a towering library with a strict librarian that makes sure anyone checking out a book has a proper reason for it, as well as a bunch of other stuff that might not be deliberate but just an effect of both being based off real historical abbeys.

Yeah this is my first Eco, I’m definitely going to read more—thanks for the recommendation!

josh sawyer is a megafan of the book

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
the first cour(?) finale for witch from mercury was really good. that show really grew on me so I'm looking forward to where it goes

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Foucault's Pendulum also owns and is probably the most gleefully stupid thing he ever wrote

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Foucault's Pendulum also owns and is probably the most gleefully stupid thing he ever wrote

I'm a Discipline and Punishhead

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Uncle Frank posted:

the first cour(?) finale for witch from mercury was really good. that show really grew on me so I'm looking forward to where it goes

It's technically a full season but it's really likely the show gets a full 50ish episodes before it's done. Spending the first quarter of the show on a low stakes "Utena but with robots" school story before poo poo gets real makes more sense than having that be half the show.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/theotaking/status/1612906476829396993?s=46&t=VEycWoMgwvaZNTY8bjn0mA

wowee thanks again Dendy

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

epic

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

gently caress yeah

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

badass!

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Awesome

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

P-Mack posted:

It's technically a full season but it's really likely the show gets a full 50ish episodes before it's done. Spending the first quarter of the show on a low stakes "Utena but with robots" school story before poo poo gets real makes more sense than having that be half the show.

I honestly had no idea what 'cour' was meant to be describing but it's just segmented seasons like that yeah lol. I guess its always been a term used for anime seasons but I just started noticing it a week ago.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

so sick

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The only Eco i've read is the Prague Cemetary, but it was funny as gently caress and all the racism was ftw

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Uncle Frank posted:

i love the books. geralts story gets some princess bride vibes later on before the climax and its really funny, then the last book is just perfect

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

started Samurai Champloo with a couple friends and the 2000-04 vibes coming off it are intense. pwns

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
RIP Nujabes, all his tracks were amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

MeatwadIsGod posted:

RIP Nujabes, all his tracks were amazing