Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
https://twitter.com/KharaJabola/status/1603532023691218944

Oh oh the troops seem to be at it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
38% is an absurdly high proportion, what's the military % of total Hawaiian population

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

indigi posted:

38% is an absurdly high proportion

US troops are child rapists, op

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Biff Fuckerton III joined the marines largely because of his fondly remembered evenings as a child listening to stories from grampa about how the Vietnamese 12 year old actually really liked him and yes money did change hands but there was an element of romance involved ok

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

paul_soccer12 posted:

US troops are child rapists, op

of course but numbers wise you'd expect them to be crowded out by cops and rich tourists. 38% is so high

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

paul_soccer12 posted:

Biff Fuckerton III joined the marines largely because of his fondly remembered evenings as a child listening to stories from grampa about how the Vietnamese 12 year old actually really liked him and yes money did change hands but there was an element of romance involved ok

https://www.tiktok.com/@lowe_effort/video/7177734018098531627?_t=8YEXiLAvylW&_r=1

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

paul_soccer12 posted:

ya they all want to kill people and be sexpats

source: have talked to ppl who wanted to be troops and cops who talk about the perks back when they were troops

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

indigi posted:

38% is an absurdly high proportion, what's the military % of total Hawaiian population

it's about 10% i think

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

indigi posted:

<10% of Oahu’s population lmao

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

any time any American troop dies for any reason is worthy of celebration

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Not a big fan of troops, myself. I am their #1 hater

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Psycho Society posted:

Not a big fan of troops, myself. I am their #1 hater

drat, Nice to meet you. Any pointers for a up and coming troop hater (trater for short

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

indigi posted:

2.9% active duty, 3.6% if you include reserves.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

indigi posted:

of course but numbers wise you'd expect them to be crowded out by cops and rich tourists. 38% is so high

i have bad new about cops and rich tourists

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/mccrummenWaPo/status/1605930503768403968?s=20&t=CzqPlkQGW2zez4XhwypSQQ

quote:

Cody Johnson could have embodied the extremism around him, if not for the Army, the words of Ralph Waldo Emerson and a moral compass

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
It's A moral compass.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Bro you're soooo lucky I have this moral compass. If I didn't bro, I would be embodying the extremism around here sooooo much. Every day I rebel against trumpism I am literally saving your life. oh and you're welcome :smug:

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
ATAB

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
the paper buries the bit where's a union member who hates church

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1607014832615686144?s=20&t=71m_FSEvMNMoZyU7I81TTA

quote:

West Point over its holiday break will remove a portrait of Robert E. Lee in Confederate uniform as well as a bust of the general from prominent spots on campus, carrying out directives that were included in a defense authorization bill for 2021.

Lt. Gen. Steven W. Gilland announced these steps and more in a letter to the West Point community posted on the military academy’s web site.

“During the holiday break, we will begin a multi-phased process, in accordance with Department of Defense (DoD) directives, to remove, rename or modify assets and real property at the United States Military Academy (USMA) and West Point installation that commemorate or memorialize the Confederacy or those who voluntarily served with the Confederacy,” Gilland wrote.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
imo West Point should remove West Point

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
West Point should put up more portraits and busts of people who killed American troops imo

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Orange Devil posted:

West Point should put up more portraits and busts of people who killed American troops imo

fully support replacing the loser Robert E Lee statue with one of Giap

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Little Robert

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
the american military is uniquely loving stupid in this regard. Lee was the GOAT of killing West Point Guys.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

TenementFunster posted:

the american military is uniquely loving stupid in this regard. Lee was the GOAT of killing West Point Guys.

pretty sure that’s still the nva or alternately draftees

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Vomik posted:

pretty sure that’s still the nva or alternately draftees

not by sheer numbers lol

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

drat woke military!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

makes u think

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Better let them loose in a browner country. Nothing else can be done

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
this might be a controversial opinion, but maybe people who start actively loving up peoples' lives just because they're bored shouldn't be given guns and let loose to do whatever they like with effective impunity

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

ties nicely into the crazy poo poo that has been happening there for years

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/fort-bragg-murders-1153405/

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Cerebral Bore posted:

this might be a controversial opinion, but maybe people who start actively loving up peoples' lives just because they're bored shouldn't be given guns and let loose to do whatever they like with effective impunity
We need special forces to kill children over there so they don't molest children here.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
it's a weird variation on the "a huge swathe of unemployed young men are probably bad for society from a crime and public safety point of view" thing but these guys are gainfully employed

sociologists are baffled!

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SiylvmFI_8&t=60s

hundreds of troops just like this one

war deprived

no direction

an 18 month red cycle with no missions

forced to gently caress little kids and do weird drugs simply because there are no wars for them to gently caress little kids and do weird drugs in

Won't you pledge to start a war for them today? :ohdear:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I like the idea someone suggested of bringing back tournaments. Put that poo poo on TV and let them kill each other instead

Weka
May 5, 2019

Cerebral Bore posted:

Have you considered the national security implications of this though?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

we cannot permit a loving psycho gap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
oh boo loving hoo you can't massacre villagers anymore

whoever said that should be institutionalized asap