Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Yeah, "off ball" has definitely been a thing for a while now.

When the Bucs drafted Devin White #5 overall there was a big fuss about an off ball LB going so high when there can be a limit on how much they impact the game.

I really hope the Bucs aren't the team to give him $20m per year because he's wildly inconsistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I assume McVay is either staying as a HC or retiring, I can’t see the point of becoming a coordinator. You still get the blame if the team underperforms anyway

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Kansas interior looking great.

It's a shame about the exterior.

Also lmao seeing Wiley on any win rate list he's awful and yet still not as bad as Orlando Brown Jr

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I think it’s the new nomenclature for non pass rushing LB now that 3-4 and 4-3 defenses have started to get a lot blurrier as teams run a bit of both.

Yeah just think middle linebacker, Mike + Will if it applies.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I know better than to count out Touchdown Tom, especially against a team coached by Fat Mike and QB’d by Dak “Tied With Davis Mills For The NFL Lead In Picks Thrown Despite Missing 5 Games” Prescott.

Bucs 27
Cowboys 21

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I think someone was asking about Dallas playing worse on grass. This popped up today:

https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/1612622901651570688?s=20

Small sample size and all but those grass teams aren't exactly offensive world beaters (minus PHI).

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is Bermuda supposed to be good or bad for the Cowboys?

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Quick side reminder that all playoff posters are welcome in the TFF Discord: https://discord.gg/fVJDJhxm

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

MJeff posted:

they will vanish from existence

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

MJeff posted:

All I know is it comes a little bit before Bahama.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This was probably expected.

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/1612925922830688256

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Makes sense, there's little in FA for WR's, so I think it's gonna get expensive.

He's turning 31, but if you need a receiver and are in a championship window, he's gotta be worth at least a 1st despite missing half of each of the last two seasons.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Gonz posted:

I know better than to count out Touchdown Tom, especially against a team coached by Fat Mike and QB’d by Dak “Tied With Davis Mills For The NFL Lead In Picks Thrown Despite Missing 5 Games” Prescott.

Bucs 27
Cowboys 21

It’s going to be this, I can’t imagine Brady losing to Dallas for the first time ever happening in the playoffs, when the opposing team’s QB is having one of the worst seasons of his career and half the secondary is dead.

Also :rubby: if Jerruh somehow rationalizes keeping Fat Mike on if he loses this game.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

raven

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kalli posted:

Makes sense, there's little in FA for WR's, so I think it's gonna get expensive.

He's turning 31, but if you need a receiver and are in a championship window, he's gotta be worth at least a 1st despite missing half of each of the last two seasons.

The eagles have an extra first and Brown, Smith and Hopkins would be nuts as a WR group.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

soggybagel posted:

I'm very unemotional when it comes to sports events and their outcomes. If Tom Brady wins this weekend I will be legitimately pissed off.

Think about it this way -- if the Buccaneers win, there's very decent odds they're the lowest remaining seed in the NFC, with the Shawks having to face the 49ers and the Giants the Vikings.

If this happens, then the Buccaneers' next game... would be the Philadelphia Eagles.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Giants are gonna get him

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Somehow get him, cowboys

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Also, you want to know the actual funniest thing about the NFC?

Because the Vikings and Giants wound up seeded against each other, it is a guarantee that one of the teams in the NFC Divisional Round will have entered the playoffs with a negative point differential, and depending on how close that game is, might still have one at that point.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Redeye Flight posted:

Also, you want to know the actual funniest thing about the NFC?

Because the Vikings and Giants wound up seeded against each other, it is a guarantee that one of the teams in the NFC Divisional Round will have entered the playoffs with a negative point differential, and depending on how close that game is, might still have one at that point.

I think the Browns had one in the 2020 divisional round. They had a pretty negative one going into the playoffs, mainly because they tended to win all their close games, but when they lost, they lost BIG.

Edit: They entered wild card weekend at -11. Entered Divisional at 0.

wilderthanmild fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jan 10, 2023

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

wilderthanmild posted:

I think the Browns had one in the 2020 divisional round. They had a pretty negative one going into the playoffs, mainly because they tended to win all their close games, but when they lost, they lost BIG.

Edit: They entered wild card weekend at -11. Entered Divisional at 0.

Wasn't this a big reason that you were super critical of Stefanski that year???

Or am I confusing you with another Browns fan that called him a fraud his COY Year?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

people keep complaining about the dallas-tb game but i'm totally cool with the guarantee one of those awful organizations will be gone come this time next week.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rams should look into trading Kupp. He could probably get them a pretty good haul.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Codependent Poster posted:

Rams should look into trading Kupp. He could probably get them a pretty good haul.

I doubt the Rams plan to do anything until they know if McVay is coming back and, if not, who the new coach is.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Codependent Poster posted:

Give him to the Cowboys too

Oops all passing

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Hop to Cleveland for 14 seconds since we don't have any firsts for the next 2 decades.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Should be noted that Hopkins has a no trade clause so he controls where he goes.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Flikken posted:

Wasn't this a big reason that you were super critical of Stefanski that year???

Or am I confusing you with another Browns fan that called him a fraud his COY Year?

I have never considered Stefanski a fraud. I think you're probably thinking of Ches Neckbeard who really doesn't like him I think.

I did think he was gonna get fired this year, but it wasn't because I thought he deserved it. I thought that if the end of the year public opinion was bad enough Haslam was gonna fire him to save face.

Edit: To be clear, I like Stefanski and hope he gets at least 5 years total. On the other hand, I hate our front office and ownership.

wilderthanmild fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jan 11, 2023

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Kalli posted:

An elite receiver entering the end of his career, ready to fall off due to age and/or injuries?

The real question is whether he'll end up a Titan or a Raven.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Shinjobi posted:

Give him to the Cowboys too

Oops all passing

Matt Millen tried running the 10 Wideout Set offense back in the day and, uh, it didn’t pan out.

I do not recommend this.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Gonz posted:

Matt Millen tried running the 10 Wideout Set offense back in the day and, uh, it didn’t pan out.

I do not recommend this.

yeah but let the cowboys do it

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
https://twitter.com/JT_Jag/status/1612965167599435778I feel this counts as playoffs content

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Mega64 posted:

An elite receiver entering the end of his career, ready to fall off due to age and/or injuries?

Worked with Anquan Boldin. I’ll take him

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

100%. This is fantastic.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:randvince:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Absolutely amazing.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

My only nitpick is the mascot isn't wearing a speedo.

Otherwise, perfect.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Mega64 posted:

My thoughts exactly except

Diva Cupcake posted:

Should be noted that Hopkins has a no trade clause so he controls where he goes.

maybe not.

I am the ultimate Middle Linebackers are replaceable guy. Hated drafting CJ Mosely. Even I am 100% on board for pay Roquan Smith. Smith playing next to Hamilton and Queen is a tremendous middle of your defense.

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jan 11, 2023

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Missing the tie between the Texans and Colts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/KevinCole___/status/1612982690927591425