Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

C

cant let those drat greek bastards get away with sacking OUR ancestral shrines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
A, we left Phoenicia behind a long time ago, our future is to the West.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
C

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

C

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Technowolf posted:

A in the hope that in EU we go colonial, then switch to that colony and revolt against our corrupt overlords, which isn't something a ParaLP has done before

I've said this before but it bears repeating -- we're almost certainly not staying in one place for longer than single game, so where we start in CK3 and where we end will probably be very different

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
A

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

C

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Let's go with C for Gisgo

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Going for C just as one can never turn down spreading the wrath of the gods!

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
An argument for C is that Carthage will have a lot of fun dealing with some guy who says he's the son of God and King of the Jews in our homeland

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

C

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Angstrom Gothington posted:

Also voting A. Would prefer new and exciting shores, rather than focussing on the past or becoming Green Rome.

A is my vote as well, to be clear.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
C

It should be us who crucify Jesus.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Is there a specific reason we're mimicking Rome:Total War with a three-family split-up? Or is it chance?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
A sounds fun.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
Well we've beaten one regional hegemon in a destructive multi-generational conflict.

What's another destructive multi-generational conflict with a regional hegemon between friends.

C - Gisgo

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

A

Maximum Carthage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xyLVrHg28c

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Oooh, tough choice. Still, I'll settle on A.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

C to try to keep the voting stalemate going.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

A

I mean, what's the worst that could happen if we leave those remnants in Gaul? They make Gaul being the inheritor of the Roman Empire their whole identity and form some kind of fascist personality cult or something?

Wait...

gently caress.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

A - too long has base conquest been a distraction, and we should not seek to emulate Rome, but leave her salted and in the past
The sea is our strength, let us leave this diversion behind and return to it

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
Well I'm convinced.

A it is. The sea will guide us to prosperity!

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Bloodly posted:

Is there a specific reason we're mimicking Rome:Total War with a three-family split-up? Or is it chance?

yeah, just chance. I don't play Total Wars game all that much, so no idea whether it's something big over there

might be because Imperator has a base of 3 great families per country (you get more families with higher ranks and stuff), which is why those three have been particularly influential

hashashash fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jan 11, 2023

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Bringing our A game

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Leave the Greeks alone or we might end up in a world without Anarchism, which we sorely need.

(A)

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry
A

Enrico la Spaniard
Dec 15, 2021

To the seA!

Sybot
Nov 8, 2009
An empire of autonomous colonies? Can't see any problems with that. A all the way.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I would follow the family of Gisco Gisco anywhere. C.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

C

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Votes as they stand:

A - 31

B - 1

C - 25

as usual, still about 24 hours before I close it up

The Littlest Hobo
Dec 26, 2004

A - Explore the world

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'm split between A and C. South to North vs. West to East.

gently caress it, C. Let's see if we can take the whole of the Med and maybe reach Persia before the Sassanids fully form. Maybe take the whole of the Nile and Red Sea as an alternative

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010
We are going on an Adventure!

(Im voting for this for the off chance we end up as a Carthaginian colony in the british islands or India

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Pacho posted:

We are going on an Adventure!

(Im voting for this for the off chance we end up as a Carthaginian colony in the british islands or India

...this is a decent point. I DID vote for C, and I stick by it, but we have a better navy than Rome ever did, which means we can spread Carthaginian culture farther than Rome's empire ever could. This is an... intruiging prospect.

Livewire42
Oct 2, 2013

Lemniscate Blue posted:

A to establish a cultural precedent of NOT blobbing up in Europe.

B for BloB!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Asterite34 posted:

...this is a decent point. I DID vote for C, and I stick by it, but we have a better navy than Rome ever did, which means we can spread Carthaginian culture farther than Rome's empire ever could. This is an... intruiging prospect.

Iceland is ancestral Carthaginian clay

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Shogeton posted:

A

I mean, what's the worst that could happen if we leave those remnants in Gaul? They make Gaul being the inheritor of the Roman Empire their whole identity and form some kind of fascist personality cult or something?

Wait...

gently caress.

Having some of the Roman remnants be in the Balkans is going to create some really great Internet fights in about 2000 years.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
I really am torn; reviving the glories of lost Phoenicia is tempting, but on the other hand, going west gives us a chance to Hanno 2: Hanno Harder.

On balance, I've got to go with A. A Western Mediterranean united by an urban, mercantile republic with a very different colonial model to Rome is an interesting prospect, and there's an outside chance of establishing contact with non-Europeans much earlier than OTL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
I choose C, for the basis of not wanting future historians to have to deal with even more Ptolemies named Ptolemy.