Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
how can i get a job as a guy who reads a script and then tells you what is stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Have parents that do that exact job.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

sure okay posted:

Have parents that do that exact job.

nepo baby

nipple baby

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
nothin but nepo

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Sunk Dunk posted:

how can i get a job as a guy who reads a script and then tells you what is stupid

There is literally no one in Hollywood getting paid to do this right now sorry.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Paid? I'd do it for free.

I'm just that selfless.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

you guys just looooove movies huh?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Who told you that?

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

That DICK! posted:

This is now illegal in Florida

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Kingo Ligma posted:

This is now illegal in Florida

Don't say mov-ay

Vakal
May 11, 2008

That DICK! posted:

This, but for movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrT_am3rVzM

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Sunk Dunk posted:

Shut up bitch

Hahaha lance got dunked on

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

The thing I think that a lot of people don’t get about Hollywood is how tight the margins are. Everyone thinks it’s all champaign parties but the truth is a lot of these places are on shoestring budgets. So they all steal from each other and they make kids work ridiculous hours for nothing, and there’s an infinite line of kids willing to do it for some reason. But like, if someone wants a fair wage then they’re gonna be out of luck. So it’s all rich kids who don’t have to pay rent that end up doing it. It’s like politics and journalism that way

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

poisonpill posted:

The thing I think that a lot of people don’t get about Hollywood is how (tough it is). Everyone thinks it’s all champaign parties...
which show do u write for

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

poisonpill posted:

The thing I think that a lot of people don’t get about Hollywood is how tight the margins are. Everyone thinks it’s all champaign parties but the truth is a lot of these places are on shoestring budgets. So they all steal from each other and they make kids work ridiculous hours for nothing, and there’s an infinite line of kids willing to do it for some reason. But like, if someone wants a fair wage then they’re gonna be out of luck. So it’s all rich kids who don’t have to pay rent that end up doing it. It’s like politics and journalism that way
I got a tight margin for ya

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Finding out that Smile wasn't terribly received and did good at the box office is crazy to me. The trailer made it look like dogshit and always had multiple people laugh at it

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
the bar is so low people were clamoring for a movie that was just "fine"

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

henkman posted:

Finding out that Smile wasn't terribly received and did good at the box office is crazy to me. The trailer made it look like dogshit and always had multiple people laugh at it
there are a lot of horror movies like this every single year. people almost always want to go out and get jumpscared with their gf/buds

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
finally finished my notes on Norbit, if I was running a terrorist organization, this is the movie I would show to recruits to make them want to kill all Americans.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

God help us all

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

X JAKK posted:

finally finished my notes on Norbit, if I was running a terrorist organization, this is the movie I would show to recruits to make them want to kill all Americans.

i was curious, do you have enough watch hours to monetize your youtubers? 4k seems like a lot

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021

X JAKK posted:

if?

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Sunk Dunk posted:

i was curious, do you have enough watch hours to monetize your youtubers? 4k seems like a lot

i have 173 hours, this was never about money though
its about the message

and the smiles
the smilesssssssssssss

lessons learned from Norbit:
1. Fat people are a terrible burden upon our society

2. All unmarried women eagerly want to become prostitutes, they are just waiting for anyone dressed like a pimp to call them a bitch and they just swoon

3. Its okay for Eddie Murphy to wear Chinese prosthetics and harpoon a fatty, which is more of a japanese stereotype, but nobodys saw this movie so nobody noticed

X JAKK fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jan 11, 2023

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

X JAKK posted:

i have 173 hours, this was never about money though
its about the message

and the smiles
the smilesssssssssssss

lessons learned from Norbit:
1. Fat people are a terrible burden upon our society

2. All unmarried women eagerly want to become prostitutes, they are just waiting for anyone dressed like a pimp to call them a bitch and they just swoon

3. Its okay for Eddie Murphy to wear Chinese prosthetics and harpoon a fatty, which is more of a japanese stereotype, but nobodys saw this movie so nobody noticed

drat.

Maybe I should do the best racist Eddie Murphy characters

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse
https://twitter.com/GeekVibesNation/status/1612924253212672000

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Oh yeah, forgot leo was supposed to be a big environmental guy. I forgot about that with all the news about him loving super models.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Lister posted:

Oh yeah, forgot leo was supposed to be a big environmental guy. I forgot about that with all the news about him loving super models.

Multiple mansions, giant yachts and private jets are very environmentally sound. The man is an eco-hero.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

X JAKK posted:

It made $95 million domestic!

I thought it was a Meet Dave level bomb.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

You’re thinking of Pluto Nash

You sunk dunk, do a vid on Pluto mash

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Kingo Ligma posted:

There is literally no one in Hollywood getting paid to do this right now sorry.

I have a buddy who reads/summarizes scripts for a studio. He got the gig after his own feature script won the Austin Film Festival screenplay competition and was sold to a major director's production company (who, alas, didn't end up making it). That gave him enough motivation to move out to LA and try to make it as a screenwriter. I don't know how much writing work he actually gets nowadays, but he is still out in LA and not starving or homeless, so that's something.

Sunk Dunk posted:

I would focus on getting the 1000 subscribers. That will be a much harder goal than 4000 hours watched. In fact, if you can get to 1000 subscribers then the 4000 hours is basically guaranteed. (This coming from someone who had 2 random videos I'd taken of friends go semi-viral, got a few checks from Youtube, and then had the free money supply turned off after they added the subscriber requirement years ago.)

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

LanceHunter posted:

I would focus on getting the 1000 subscribers. That will be a much harder goal than 4000 hours watched. In fact, if you can get to 1000 subscribers then the 4000 hours is basically guaranteed. (This coming from someone who had 2 random videos I'd taken of friends go semi-viral, got a few checks from Youtube, and then had the free money supply turned off after they added the subscriber requirement years ago.)

wait youtube wont pay unless its subscribers?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

That DICK!s comic book report

My buddy has been giving me a bunch of comic books because he read them and probably wants someone to talk to about them. I've put it off for a while but the pile is adding up and I'm feeling bad about it by now so I am reading a few. My reviews thus far:

American Jesus

I was inspired to read this one first because of its title. An American Jesus, well that's a fun concept, you can do something with that probably. But it is boring bullshit. I think the Jesus is the President or something I'm not actually reading too closely, at first I thought it was a black lady, like, wow, the American Jesus is a black lady. But I think she's anti-Jesus (white president man.) Or maybe Jesus is Malcolm X

New York Ninja

"Wow" i said, observing the cover. "[my dear friend] could pay 12 dollars for this?" motherfucker does not even have a job. a vinegar syndrome production and the subject of a recent rlm video, i had my heart in this being good despite my belief that all comics are stupid for babies, and its the best of what i have read so far, it accomplishes what it sets out to do, which is to recreate a boring rear end 80s comic nobody gives a poo poo about. the art is on point, care was taken, but nothing cool seems to happen.

Star Trek: The 400th Issue

Ahh now we are to the bread and beans of why we are here, what a bunch of stupid bullcrap. It's like 7 mini-stories about how great Star Trek is, it's really embarrassing, seemingly written by and for babies.

having lived in LA for many years this panel made me lol particularly hard, i imagined the writer taking a nice leisurely stroll through ECho park and seeing a single homeless person tent, and equivocating it to a nuclear holocaust or a worldwide eugenics war. who wrote this piece of crap, i wondered, but in truth i knew the answer and you did also

to conclude That DICK!s comic book report i give a weekly star rating of i love my friend he is a good guy but he really has to get his loving life together and i say that as a person who is a big time disaster like you cannot spend 7.99 on a wil wheaton comic and give it to me bro i love you but come on. thanks for reading and please tune in next week.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Ups_rail posted:

wait youtube wont pay unless its subscribers?

Yep, the requirements are here.

Youtube Rules posted:

1. Get 1,000 subscribers with 4,000 valid public watch hours in the last 12 months, or
2. Get 1,000 subscribers with 10 million valid public Shorts views in the last 90 days.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

LanceHunter posted:

Yep, the requirements are here.

It literally says "or" right there m8

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Kingo Ligma posted:

It literally says "or" right there m8

Yeah, and the 1000 subscribers is a part of both possible requirements.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

They even made a helpful graphic:

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

LanceHunter posted:

Yeah, and the 1000 subscribers is a part of both possible requirements.

Ups was asking if only subscriber views counted towards the hours watched category, and they don't

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

nepo baby fight!

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

That DICK! posted:

nepo baby fight!

Feels less like a fight and more like helping a small child tie their shoe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Kingo Ligma posted:

Feels less like a fight and more like helping a small child tie their shoe?

Don't be so down on yourself. You're at least at the level of a teenager tying their shoelaces.