Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lol unfollowing his brother and his ex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost
I hope he unfollows himself right off a bridge

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Underwhelmed posted:

I hope he unfollows himself right off a bridge

Inshallah he's actually dumb enough to drive a Tesla

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Very normal cars

https://twitter.com/rust1n/status/1612685002424344576?s=61&t=M90aHUsclbVtThwFVHl36A

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
ah sweet a notification from my car stating that my death may be imminent along with the proper associated error code

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

BofA, Barclays, Morgan Stanley are all holding Musk debt. What conditions must exist before these banks have had enough?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

you fool! what makes you think you can drive it in the rain!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

BofA, Barclays, Morgan Stanley are all holding Musk debt. What conditions must exist before these banks have had enough?

A pretty simple one really;

BofA debts nuts! :dadjoke:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

thathonkey posted:

ah sweet a notification from my car stating that my death may be imminent along with the proper associated error code

Look I don't know about you but I would definitely pay more for a car that is constantly threatening it wants to kill me. And you know burn down my house as well.

I find cars that are too polite, obnoxious and disingenuous.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

On the other hand, Bluetooth is working perfectly

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
He’s too busy looking into conspiracies about vaccines and Nancy Pelosi’s husband; no time to worry about bullshit like ensuring that Teslas don’t crash into pedestrians and/or deploy airbags randomly.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

you know, if Tesla FSD were a single individual, it probably by now would have gotten enough points on its license to have it revoked hundreds of times over

maybe that's something more sensible places should start doing

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I'm surprised Teslas having triggered some sort of lemon law.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

lucking foser posted:

dude i had this crazy dream where i was backdooring elon raw and beetlejuice was loving his face it was rad dude

i know what you mean. Elong does put out that energy.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

zedprime posted:

California stopsigns are yields with plausible deniability.

There's a lot of Tesla-isms that are just codifying bad Californian habits.

Thats actually a common misperception. The "rolling stop" is also known as the Swainsboro Stop, for the first recorded instance occurrin' in 1913 at a stop sign in Swainsboro, GA.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Thats actually a common misperception. The "rolling stop" is also known as the Swainsboro Stop, for the first recorded instance occurrin' in 1913 at a stop sign in Swainsboro, GA.

The first rolling start was in freaking Day-to-na

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

AARD VARKMAN posted:

always keep a 3 second distance with the car in front of you in case its programming decides to do insane poo poo a human would never do

well assuming there's no bee in the car, a human will do just about anything in a car with a bee in it I reckon

I had a yellow jacket fly in my drat motorcycle helmet and I made it to the shoulder before I came to a compete stop.

Eh, pretty sure there's a sensor common to all these systems, it's not some sort of crazy failure, similar things happen to other modern luxury cars and it's pretty inevitable with all the electronic bits and bobs on them these days.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Elviscat posted:

Eh, pretty sure there's a sensor common to all these systems, it's not some sort of crazy failure, similar things happen to other modern luxury cars and it's pretty inevitable with all the electronic bits and bobs on them these days.

i hope you're joking

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
You don't drive in weather, dude

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Funky See Funky Do posted:

You know what I'm gonna blame the other drivers here. If a car in front of you stops you should be able to stop in time from hitting it otherwise you're driving too fast or too close to the other car.

But if i drive right up another car's rear end in a top hat, it makes the car go faster! Cause theyre afraid i will rear wnd them! But jokes on them, when they speed up i apply more accel, matching their speed! And on and on unril the first car approaches light speed. and then i surf in that drift!

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Bottom Liner posted:

i hope you're joking

What do you expect me to do, click through Twitter links? Lol.

https://twitter.com/rust1n/status/1612692296461582337?t=RnFI0xt0Ra2p3iZ6N2JTbA&s=19

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

Elviscat posted:

I had a yellow jacket fly in my drat motorcycle helmet and I made it to the shoulder before I came to a compete stop.

I would totally agree. I hate teslas but "driving in heavy rain" could mean he was busting through foot deep puddles. I bet he hosed up or tore off a speed sensor going through deep water. Throw Trac and stability codes, shuts off crash detection and pisses off the inertia seat belts that tighten before a crash. Although weird no abs code. Maybe hosed up a sonar in the front bumper..

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jan 11, 2023

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Elviscat posted:

You're supposed to screenshot it when you quote Twitter replies

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Elviscat posted:

What do you expect me to do, click through Twitter links? Lol.

...that is not an answer to what I was asking.

are you really saying it's common for luxury cars to disable loving seatbelts just because of some rain?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
that's just the california-specific reservoir feature

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Preoptopus posted:

I would totally agree. I hate teslas but "driving in heavy rain" could mean he was busting through foot deep puddles. I bet he hosed up or tore off a speed sensor going through deep water. Throw Trac and stability codes, shuts off crash detection and pisses off the inertia seat belts that tighten before a crash. Although weird no abs code. Maybe hosed up a sonar in the front bumper..

yeah coulda been a hurricane or a 10000 year flood he was driving through too

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

I doubt seatbelts could get hosed up by a little rain, more likely the owner simply forgot to install the firmware update for their seatbelt drivers

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Okay but hear me out

Ghosts

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

Tippecanoe posted:

I doubt seatbelts could get hosed up by a little rain, more likely the owner simply forgot to install the firmware update for their seatbelt drivers

If crash detection is shut off the seat belts won't tighten before an accident. Normally, motors will strap you back into your seat before a crash. This will throw a code. The seat belts will still work as regular mechanical inertia seat belts.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
In unrelated news, it looks like WWE is going to be bought by the Saudis. The Saudis are investors in taking twitter private and it makes me wonder how long it is until they own twitter outright.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

no doubt in my mind this man has invested in doge coin, voted for the libertarian guy in 2020, and will buy the next model of tesla when it comes out

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

hey i haven't really read the last few dozen pages but is that dashboard really a kitchen counter granite tabletop

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
appears to be a horizontal guillotine blade to take care of anyone in the front seats

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

The Saddest Rhino posted:

hey i haven't really read the last few dozen pages but is that dashboard really a kitchen counter granite tabletop

Is that an armrest or...

(On the near side of the front passenger seat, it looks at first like the seat's "back" but zooming in it seems like the driver seat has the same thing? Or Elong wanted a differently styled front passenger seat.)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

waffle iron posted:

In unrelated news, it looks like WWE is going to be bought by the Saudis. The Saudis are investors in taking twitter private and it makes me wonder how long it is until they own twitter outright.

Are Saudis on a multi year quest to buy all the shittiest Western institutions? With all their money why don't they buy something that has any actual value instead of spending billions on like garbage golf tournaments and daytime TV

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

steinrokkan posted:

Are Saudis on a multi year quest to buy all the shittiest Western institutions? With all their money why don't they buy something that has any actual value instead of spending billions on like garbage golf tournaments and daytime TV

If we've learned anything in this thread its that wealthy people are stupid and have absolute trash taste

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

it's apparently part of the Saudi's process of, uhrm, rehabilitating their image by buying up as much media properties as possible so that the cultural osmosis would lead to them being represented better (China has tried this with the acquisition of movie studios and so on, and it's arguable if they have been successful), but yeah i'm not sure how buying companies like WWE help at all, unless they are going to have sudden newcomers named, idk, The Gold Sheik and The Platinum Sheik as the new champions of 2024/5

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

Do the math. No drinking, no dancing, that just leaves wrestling and posting on twitter. There are no other Things to do, except get fanned by giant gold palm leaves while slathering yourself with the finest chocolate. Actually, BRB, going to fill the bathtub and get a few cases of nesquick from costco.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Shazback posted:

Is that an armrest or...

(On the near side of the front passenger seat, it looks at first like the seat's "back" but zooming in it seems like the driver seat has the same thing? Or Elong wanted a differently styled front passenger seat.)

I think you're getting tripped up by the middle front seat, which is mostly blocking the driver's seat and has a different design from the other two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

Devils Affricate posted:

I think you're getting tripped up by the middle front seat, which is mostly blocking the driver's seat and has a different design from the other two

Interesting