Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
And then, depending on how Vince is feeling that day, Undertaker is either working as his muscle or beats him up and throws him in the coffin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Gavok touched on this in his Miro writeup, but it's insane just how many times Vince tried to do a 'Lana is cucking Rusev' storyline.

Aside from the mentioned Dolph Ziggler and Bobby Lashley nonsense, Lana fooling around with Aiden English is what led to that group breaking up. Lana also tried to seduce and sleep with Enzo Amore (though this ended up being part of a trap for Rusev to get his hands on Enzo for reasons??? I'm still going to count it). The Rock even came back one night and a great deal of his backstage segment was dedicated to talking about how he and Lana slept together while Lana was giving him bedroom eyes and Rusev just quietly simmered in the background.

It's really kind of creepy!

Also Gavok left out that one of Rusev's Wrestlemania entrances involved him riding to the ring in a tank...and then a couple years later he and Lana revealed that they had sex in that tank before the show so uh, more power to them!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
It should also be noted that, despite me not keeping up with wrestling anymore, one of the things that did come across my feed was that Liv Morgan was also revealed to be a former lover of Lana's.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nsKvax_EJ8

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I know all the preliminary evidence points to a WWE sale, but somehow it doesn't feel right. Vince's only discernible motivation is to torment wrestlers and wrestling fans, and divesting himself of his authority seems counterproductive to that goal.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I know all the preliminary evidence points to a WWE sale, but somehow it doesn't feel right. Vince's only discernible motivation is to torment wrestlers and wrestling fans, and divesting himself of his authority seems counterproductive to that goal.

I think we're trying to apply reason to someone with severe mental and emotional problems on top of possible steroid issues.

There is no logic here.

Also, the whole Lana/Rusev thing becomes funnier in hindsight once you realize the root of it is Vince refusing to believe women like anything other than horribly ripped men and not being able to deal with that. He has his own view of the world and anything that counters that just destroys him.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Well selling to the Saudis (or someone else) wouldn't necessarily mean the end of Vince's involvement with WWE. Maybe he even thinks he'd have more legal cover to come back as CEO under Saudi owners and he's come back to take over negotiations to make sure he's part of the deal.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

please change the thread title to "BAW GAWD THAT'S VINCE MCMAHON'S MUSIC! HE'S BACK!"

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Prof. Crocodile posted:

One of the terms for a sale of the company is supposedly that Vince has to remain in charge after it's sold or else it's no deal.

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

Vandar posted:

One of the terms for a sale of the company is supposedly that Vince has to remain in charge after it's sold or else it's no deal.

It used to be that TNA would copycat WWE, not the other way around.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Vandar posted:

where'd you hear that?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

i hope vince has come back to complete the cartoon about his rear end

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

spaceblancmange posted:

i hope vince has come back to complete the cartoon about his rear end

Lmao his rear end served everyone a turkey

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Change the thread title to WWE: ITS ME AUSTIN. IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, AUSTIN!

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

If we could have photoshops instead of thread titles, I'd go with "Vince's 'IT WAS ME' face photoshopped on Hulk Hogan becoming champion again at Wrestlemania IX."

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Nothing to see here folks...
https://twitter.com/StephMcMahon/status/1612956533695938560

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

bah gawd he killed stephenie!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

how long until Paul posts a farewell, or does he just quietly walk out

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
have we heard anything from shane since vince fired him

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

have we heard anything from shane since vince fired him

*pyro goes off and The Shan's entrance music starts playing*

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

MrQwerty posted:

how long until Paul posts a farewell, or does he just quietly walk out

Vince seen backstage holding a comically large magnet thinking it will neutralize Paul's ICD.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I would like to propose that Vince is going to sell the WWE so that he can buy the XFL back from The Rock, and make one last go of it.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

vince is going to win the royal rumble and headline wrestlemania where he will die in the ring attempting a shooting star press

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

spaceblancmange posted:

vince is going to win the royal rumble and headline wrestlemania where he will die in the ring attempting a shooting star press

would watch this

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Word is the WWE has been sold to Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund and will be going private once more.

Yay blood money!

Tribute to the Troops is going to be so awkward.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

https://twitter.com/smuehlhausenjr/status/1613014122517655552?s=46&t=VuHcSuf11UVQl9vsWE1N8w

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1612977652507480065

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
lolololololololol

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

welp, aew please create a streaming service in america

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

SHES BROKEN IN HALF

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE
In the late 90's-early aughts when I followed this much more closely (for irony and my friends), if you had told them that Vince sold the fucker to the Saudis they would have flipped and burned cars in the streets.

e: our highschool parties weren't big drinking/smoking affairs. They were held at a friends farm where a makeshift ring was constructed and a full 'card' scheduled.
...I had a full white leisure suit (found at Good Will) and blaring disco music to enter the ring.
We usually had about 25-30 people there, not sure if that's been matched since.

BigBeefCity fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jan 11, 2023

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Suddenly it all makes sense

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

SHES BROKEN IN HALF

:sever:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/MarinoV1/status/1613025484484247552

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

jesus christ.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

what a maneuver

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

BAH GAWD VINCE MCMAHON JUST KILLED WWE! HE KILLED IT!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
thats... thats bonesaws music! that's bonesaws music!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
This sure sounds like good news for aew