Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Black Griffon posted:

Charlie Day as Angron

Dennis Reynolds as Dayman uh the Night Haunter, Jerri Blank as Lorgar, Matt Berry/Doctor Sanchez as Magnus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Black Griffon posted:

Charlie Day as Angron
Edit: Danny as Mortarion, Glenn Howerton as Fulgrim, Rob McElhenney as Rowboat, Jimmi Simpson and Nate Mooney as Alpharius Omegon.
Edit 2: Kaitlin Olson as Magnus.
Edit 3: Ah poo poo a new page.

Danny's the Emperor.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Billy Zane for Perturabo or maybe Lorgar

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Inspector_666 posted:

Danny's the Emperor.

You couldn't be more right, of course.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
they should just cast WWE superstars as the primarchs, they've already mastered the required emotional range but more importantly have thick enough necks

War and Pieces fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jan 11, 2023

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

War and Pieces posted:

they should just cast WWE superstars as the prina cha they've already mastered the required emotional range but more importantly have thick enough necks

Just the entire World Eaters is the WWE.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Calax posted:

Just the entire World Eaters is the WWE.

I wish!

They could cut more promos instead of just going "ggraaa! Blood! Skulls!"

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

ok but jason momoa has to be leman russ right

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

Picked up the Krieg audiobook. Thought the opening with the Imperial mission recontacting the planet was promising. After that it felt pretty mediocre and by the numbers. Speaking of numbers I will never not be baffled by 40k writers inability to deal with any number bigger than 10. A hive city consists of billions but also the army sent to conquer it is only a few thousand? I dont mind the numbers being dumb, I just wish they were consistently dumb.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
theyre gonna be a buncha obscure brits that cavill could get for relatively cheap unless and until theres a breakout success

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

absolutely not

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Charles Dance for Malcador

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Konrad Curze will be played by James McAvoy

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

bob dobbs is dead posted:

theyre gonna be a buncha obscure brits that cavill could get for relatively cheap unless and until theres a breakout success

I want Denise Gough as a Sister of Battle if not an actual Imperial Saint.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

mllaneza posted:

now we're talkin

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Young Denise Richards as a sister of battle
Young Brad Dourif as the Night Haunter

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Black Griffon posted:

Charlie Day as Angron
Edit: Danny as Mortarion, Glenn Howerton as Fulgrim, Rob McElhenney as Rowboat, Jimmi Simpson and Nate Mooney as Alpharius Omegon.
Edit 2: Kaitlin Olson as Magnus.
Edit 3: Ah poo poo a new page.

It's Always Sunny in Necromunda

Only registered members can see post attachments!

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Bet he's gonna get a bunch of tossers.

That is to say, a bunch of competitors from a caber tossing tournament, of course. They have the right physique and they're already used to wearing ridiculous outfits while grunting at each other.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Malcolm McDowell as Rogal Dorn

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/01/11/dot-those-is-and-cross-those-ts-black-library-submissions-are-open-now/

Black Library submissions have opened. And for those needing a reminder of the rules of this years submission window:

quote:

This year, Black Library is after stories about Space Marine successor Chapters – here are the caveats:

• They need to be a successor Chapter – that means anyone after the First Founding, from Second Founding stalwarts to Ultima Founding newcomers, and even those of unknown Foundings (or founders).
    Established Chapters only – no creating your own homebrewed ones for this.
  • We’re not looking for stories about Chaos Space Marines – some Chapters may have shakier relationships with the Imperium than others, but devotion to the Ruinous Powers is (rightly) forbidden.
  • No Space Marines from outside the typical Chapter system – the Grey Knights and Deathwatch are off the table, as are stranger groups like the Legion of the Damned.
  • Lastly, your story must be set during the time of the Indomitus Crusade* – not the millennia leading up to the Era Indomitus, and certainly not the Horus Heresy. After all, there weren’t any successor Chapters around back then!

Eventually, your proposed story will end up at between 5,000 and 10,000 words, but all that’s required at the moment is a gripping 500-word extract of your epic tale, accompanied by a 100-word synopsis. This synopsis should be as engaging as possible, while summarising any key plot points – don’t worry about squeezing in every last detail, as we’ll ask you to expand on it if your story is selected.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I really should read up on the post Rowboat era. My knowledge of the lore is very comprehensive, but it pretty much ends at 999.M41, where I certainly know a bunch, but I'd be constantly worried about ignoring the Clungus Plunch event or ignoring the death of Horgor Plorg or the new secondary fifth astartes spleen if I were to write a story.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

mllaneza posted:

She won't work for you now that you've assumed she's a brit.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Black Griffon posted:

I really should read up on the post Rowboat era. My knowledge of the lore is very comprehensive, but it pretty much ends at 999.M41, where I certainly know a bunch, but I'd be constantly worried about ignoring the Clungus Plunch event or ignoring the death of Horgor Plorg or the new secondary fifth astartes spleen if I were to write a story.

Write about a successor chapter that got lost in the warp but are trying their best to not let anyone know they’re terribly confused.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Sextro posted:

Write about a successor chapter that got lost in the warp but are trying their best to not let anyone know they’re terribly confused.

Ah, the ol' "one two warpstorm".

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Arquinsiel posted:

She won't work for you now that you've assumed she's a brit.

I didn't say she's a brit.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Black Griffon posted:

Malcolm McDowell John C. McGinley as Rogal Dorn

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

The Demilich posted:

Black Griffon posted:

Malcolm McDowell John C. McGinley John C. Reilly as Rogal Dorn

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

That one scene from Walk Hard with Reilly and Tim Meadows, but it's the Khan convincing Dorn to smoke it up.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Malcadors flaming aquila staff is an elaborate warp bong.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

this is exactly what I was rushing to do

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

this is exactly what I was rushing to do

Great minds and so on.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

mllaneza posted:

I didn't say she's a brit.
It looked like you did contextually with the post you quoted. We've got hair triggers in these Brexitey times.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
yeah, obscure peeps generally. maybe do some tokenism w peeps of whatever color etc

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Throne, Gareth Armstrong sure loves a loving rolled R.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Misread this as Jason Manzoutkas.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

loving hell who hurt the author of Briardark and I hope he's okay. At this point with six hours left in the audiobook I'm just listening to see how many more puppies he finds to kick while they are down. Metaphorically speaking, though the dog does die horribly too.

I know its warhammer horror not warhammer happy fun times but geeze. At this point I'm ready to go back to the Dark Imperium series with only its graphic depictions of nurgle grossness to power through.

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Jurgen

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

bunnyofdoom posted:

Here for it

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
I still think if you have the Emperor be different actors in different scenes then blanks should have a different actor in all scenes with another blank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Black Griffon posted:

Throne, Gareth Armstrong sure loves a loving rolled R.

Gareth Armstrong's skill is that he has an absolutely impressive range between decent and completely horrid as a narrator.
If your first contact with him is The First Heretic, you'll accept him as a perfectly run-of-the-mill Horus-Heresy narrator, not quite on the level of Longworth and Keeble, but decent enough.

If the first time you listen to his work is Prospero Burns, you'll think "does the narrator have a sinus infection? why is he doing an incredibly-nasal voice for every single character? was his goal to make both the protagonists and antagonists in the book come across as complete assholes?!?".

In Fear to tread, you'll be back on "well the man's a pretty decent narrator, but why is he literally holding a handkerchief in front of his mouth while voicing Ka'Bandha, and is he even wearing clothes when voicing Slaanesh demons?".

It's a bit of a ride.