Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Guy used zabu/spider/absorb on me with the Vault location that locks on turn 6, then snapped.

My dude, what did you think you were gonna get by snapping?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

wyoak posted:

Need a card that turns a location into Bar with No Name

A card with an ongoing effect along the lines of 'your negative power cards count as positive instead' would be interesting.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Tekopo posted:

Guy used zabu/spider/absorb on me with the Vault location that locks on turn 6, then snapped.

That always cracks me up. You could have gotten two cubes and now your dumbass gets one.

I admit to doing it sometimes as well because I’m excited I’ve pulled something off and hit it without thinking.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Tekopo posted:

Maybe he was bluffing.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Thanos is still pretty lame though to continue to cost that much

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

uXs posted:

Maybe he was bluffing.

Bluffing how? It was turn 6 and the opponents cards were already played to block OP from playing anywhere making it an easy retreat to lose 1 vs up to 4 cubes is how I’m reading the post

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Yeah, I just retreated and lost 1. I was marginally winning two of the lanes and I'd probably would have retreated anyway, but he insta-snapped.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

the_american_dream posted:

Bluffing how? It was turn 6 and the opponents cards were already played to block OP from playing anywhere making it an easy retreat to lose 1 vs up to 4 cubes is how I’m reading the post

Yeah I was joking.

Still, the few times I've pulled a successful bluff was when the opponent was similarly blocked from playing, but I didn't actually have enough power in hand to overcome their lead on the board.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
https://imgur.com/a/nuw9OIF

I had a little chuckle.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Bar Sinister always introduces some *interesting* effects

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I kind of want to pin Spider-Man for Zabu deck I’m but early into pool 3 and there so many other cards….

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I just broke down and bought Kingpin. Now my control deck has some legs. I also unlocked Goose and Moon Knight. I hate Moon Knight.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Lol this new location rules. Thanking my lucky stars my one s5 card is thanos, I’m running a thanos death deck that is fun as hell, just throwing stones onto the altar every turn

And what’s this in my reserve? Deadpool? :getin:

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer

Kaddish posted:

I kind of want to pin Spider-Man for Zabu deck I’m but early into pool 3 and there so many other cards….

I bought Spiderman with my last set of pre-Zabu tokens and I've enjoyed him a lot, but I really enjoy lane control as an archetype.

buffalo all day posted:

Lol this new location rules. Thanking my lucky stars my one s5 card is thanos, I’m running a thanos death deck that is fun as hell, just throwing stones onto the altar every turn

The wording on it is so terrible though. I definitely thought that if you played a card there, destroying it (i.e. w/ carnage or deathlok) would give you +2 energy.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Destroy deck is putting in work with deaths domain.

# (1) The Hood
# (1) Nova
# (1) Squirrel Girl
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Carnage
# (3) Venom
# (3) Debrii
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Wave
# (4) Moon Girl
# (6) Arnim Zola
# (9) Death
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTm92YSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQnVja3lCYXJuZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcm5hZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlZlbm9tIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaWxsbW9uZ2VyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZWF0aCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJuaW1ab2xhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJIb29kIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZWJyaWkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldhdmUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vb25HaXJsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTcXVpcnJlbEdpcmwifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

wyoak posted:

Need a card that turns a location into Bar with No Name

Storm :v:

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

So, I didn't notice the new location until I started playing tonight. First game I had Dream Zone, Death's Domain and Altar. My opponent retreated after round 4 when I dropped Spidy on the Dream Zone. Their using Jubilee on Altar and getting Human Torch with no deaths had nothing to do with it, I'm sure.

I did find a bug when trying to create a Death deck, it won't let me add my variants to the deck, only stock cards. I did check to see if I could swap the variant in after filling the deck, still no go. Oh well, that Nova variant can stay in it's sealed pack and stay in mint condition.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

Ninurta posted:

So, I didn't notice the new location until I started playing tonight. First game I had Dream Zone, Death's Domain and Altar. My opponent retreated after round 4 when I dropped Spidy on the Dream Zone. Their using Jubilee on Altar and getting Human Torch with no deaths had nothing to do with it, I'm sure.

I did find a bug when trying to create a Death deck, it won't let me add my variants to the deck, only stock cards. I did check to see if I could swap the variant in after filling the deck, still no go. Oh well, that Nova variant can stay in it's sealed pack and stay in mint condition.

I managed to put in the variants by going to base and switching to them using the menu for variants from there.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

Ah, thanks for that. Nova has been unleashed.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Series 4 shuri... please nerf this freaking card already....

(I'm surprised this drop was done so soon, I was expecting march at earliest)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jan 11, 2023

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

No Wave posted:

Series 4 shuri... please nerf this freaking card already....

(I'm surprised this drop was done so soon, I was expecting march at earliest)

Let me play it first please

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I'm 3/3 on facing ramp into Galactus with this location. Hooray!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Man I am done with this loving game. They need to fix the balance. I keep getting absolutely hosed by decks where they have cards I don't have, even pool 3 ones. It's really frustrating. I have been languishing in the 40s now for a while and can't progress further. I had to uninstall it from my phone out of worry I would just ninja star it into the loving drywall after some especially bullshit card pull. I guess I just suck with the cards I have.

I'm really salty about a stupid card game and I hate it

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

I am absolutely loving Wasp & Yellowjacket on the Altar. Give me more power, you zero cost mooks.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I loving FINALLY have the ability to play the game again thanks to the update. So now that I have access to the token shop for the first time ever, what are some cards I can't afford to miss? I think I'm still on series 3.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

New Leaf posted:

I loving FINALLY have the ability to play the game again thanks to the update. So now that I have access to the token shop for the first time ever, what are some cards I can't afford to miss? I think I'm still on series 3.
(this is not in any order but some recommended ones)
Aero, Wong, Death, Patriot, Wave, She-Hulk, Lockjaw, Mr Negative, Leader, Sera, Daredevil

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Certainly don't buy She-Hulk right now as they just announced she'll be moving to series 3 in the next update.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

Studio posted:

I'm 3/3 on facing ramp into Galactus with this location. Hooray!

It's been nothing but Deadpools and Saberteeth repeatedly being Yeeted into the location for me. This one feels like its a bit too polarizing on the decks you can play to be effective.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

FlamingLiberal posted:

(this is not in any order but some recommended ones)
Aero, Wong, Death, Patriot, Wave, She-Hulk, Lockjaw, Mr Negative, Leader, Sera, Daredevil

Nice, thank you! I actually lucked out and got Death today. Have to admit, I'm pretty drat proud of this victory.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Has anyone else encountered a visual bug with Alter of Death where a card will be destroyed, disappear, but then reappears as if it wasn't destroyed?

Happened to me when an opponent played Iron Fist on it. Was very odd as they played another card there which then went "behind" the ghost Iron Fist.

Would also agree they could have worded the location better. When I first read it I thought you would be presented with some kind of an option to destroy the card to get the 2 energy and you could choose not too, instead of the actual way it works of "when you play a card here, it gets destroyed & you gain +2 energy next turn". I suppose there is a character/word limit to what they can fit into locations.

A location giving you a choice when you play into it would be an interesting additional mechanic, but as I think about it probably would slow the game down too much as a possible extra decision step every turn.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Info on the first round on Series downgrades: https://www.marvelsnap.com/newsdetail?id=7181350141905935109

Also a blurb on Token improvements,

quote:

The Token Shop has been live for a little while and we’ve had some time to experience what we like and don’t like about it. We love how it allows players to make progress towards the cards they want most. We don’t love that the hottest, newest cards don’t feel very accessible to players who haven’t completed Series 3. Once players complete Series 3, they start earning 500% more Tokens on the Collection Track, but before then, Series 4 and 5 can feel out of reach. We are starting to experiment with changes we could make to let players who are still progressing through Series 3 feel quicker progress towards the new hotness. It’s going to take us a little time to make these changes, but our goal is to make the experience of earning Series 4 and 5 feel much better for folks who haven’t completed Series 3.

So, they at least understand they have a problem here.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Nybble posted:

It’d have to be a 6 energy card with some other drawback because that would easily flip the game.

6/12 - "On Reveal: Change this location to Bar With No Name".

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
This location owns

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Pretty sick reward for hitting 60, thanks Altar.

I'm super lucky to have gotten Death while under CL600, I need to get a much climbing in as I can with this location.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

Motherfuck Darkhawk, again. Why the gently caress am I facing players with this card when I am only halfway through Tier 3?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
How many credits can you expect to earn “naturally” in a given month? This is from missions and weekly bonus and the season track.

It seems good that cards are getting easier to open but this also pushes back getting Series 3 completion which keeps the token shop out of reach for a little longer. Unless the rate of drops of out paces normal cache progression in which case F2P is stuck in Series 3 forever.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

^^^ Around 5000, plus whatever you get in rewards from boxes and ladders.

Lack of S3 completion doesn't block the token shop, it just slows it down. They're dropping one card a week as expected, and you can earn two cards a week while progressing S3, so you'll get there.

Ninurta posted:

Motherfuck Darkhawk, again. Why the gently caress am I facing players with this card when I am only halfway through Tier 3?

Because anyone who's reached CL1000 can in theory have the card. But it would always be something. Before S4/5 I was facing full on Negative decks almost as soon as I got into Series 3. (Negative was of course the very last S3 card I got, and by then he'd been nerfed to his current state.)

Jedit fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jan 11, 2023

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah, Cerebro 2 keeps showing up as a meta deck but it's just worse than surfer or patriot in every way. Even when you get the cerebro/mystique combo you feel weak.

Yes, but what other deck would I run M'Baku in? Gotta make some lemon out of this lemonade! Edit: Uh, the other way around. Whatever, not changing it.
(note that they're not dropping him a tier yet, probably a benefit to everyone still unboxing pool 3 cards)

I play Cerebro2 when I want to do a "play 2 cost cards" quest quicker, but yeah, too much location fuckery for my taste. Cerebro3 has Scarlet Witch and Rhino with also Bast to undo Scorpion, but just feels worse to play then its little brother.

Edit: Luke Cage could help with Scorpion and all the negative locations but doesn't stop all the buffing locations and the most fearsome Cerebro opponents: Wakandan Embassy and Monster Island!

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jan 11, 2023

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
What's with all these recent new locations that just end up locking down a lane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
The first set of Series changes happening 1/31 (no issues pending). Cards obtained at Series 5 before they are moved get a special badge in a future update. Looking to improve the token shop.

https://twitter.com/MARVELSNAP/status/1612994534778232832?t=v3sYHhWGYBqlKkfdi2Zsgg&s=19