Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
also can someone update the op to fix pat's stream link and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Captain Invictus posted:

also can someone update the op to fix pat's stream link and stuff

Probably need a new thread since the op has been banned.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I was wondering why it was so quiet

also the guy being a pedo/xenophobe defender, not a surprise in hindsight

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
man, I'm finishing up pat's ragnarok streams and it's wild how much of a disparity there is between when he was talking about it on the podcast and how into it he was throughout the streams. like the podcast talk was, almost literally, "this part annoyed me, I hated this part, it sucked that they never shut the gently caress up, 9/10 incredible game" whereas he legit got super into the game on stream and, barring one stupid shithead spamming ending spoilers in his chat a few hours before some major plot moments, was really invested in the story and characters, and completed almost literally 100% of the game aside from a few collectibles. he straight up almost cried on stream during one moment in the ending.

I'm not sure why he didn't talk more about the stuff he liked on the podcast. Like I get it, YOU'RE ON FIRE KRATOS, IT'LL PASS is stupid and annoying since he says it literally every time, and the backseating is truly bad and it's literally thanks to darksydephil, but considering he clearly enjoyed the poo poo out of the game other than that it'd have been nice to hear more of what he liked on the air. they're not bad at doing that like some people are.

also, him having dinner right before approaching the final postgame superboss and forgetting to switch back to the game so you get fullscreen patface mouthbreathing and smacking his lips and talking about how "yeah I'm ready" and reacting to the fight while the chat goes ABSOLUTELY INSANE and then paige calls him to tell him to PUT THE drat GAME ON SCREEN was really, really funny

edit: also some really good moments:

someone says they miss the 2BF days
https://twitch.tv/videos/1673349940?t=9159s

YOU WON'T GET SO MUCH AS A PAPERCUT IN THAT
https://twitch.tv/videos/1673349940?t=4702s

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jan 11, 2023

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm not sure why he didn't talk more about the stuff he liked on the podcast. Like I get it, YOU'RE ON FIRE KRATOS, IT'LL PASS is stupid and annoying since he says it literally every time, and the backseating is truly bad and it's literally thanks to darksydephil, but considering he clearly enjoyed the poo poo out of the game other than that it'd have been nice to hear more of what he liked on the air. they're not bad at doing that like some people are.

He actually addressed this exact concern on the podcast, where he feels limited with nice things he can say about the games he play, while at the same time feeling like he could go on and on about poo poo he hates. I think he could talk about all the positives just as well (or at least only slightly less than poo poo he hates), but it's not like I don't understand that mental block of addressing WHY he likes aspects of gameplay or events.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
His cohost is also a guy who is very understandably a stickler for spoilers despite consistently being a decade behind in all but two video game genres so it makes sense.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah, if Woolie had played GoW this year they probably would've spent a good half hour to one hour just talking about stuff. Get a nice bit going about child violence. Gush about the last moveset.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Pat and Suzi did take some time to praise GoW's combat and story when she was on the podcast last. They said they liked the combat a lot more than Bayonetta 3, but they also couldn't gush too much about it because they asked Woolie if they could describe the new weapon they both liked and he told them he'd prefer not to be spoiled.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nuns with Guns posted:

Pat and Suzi did take some time to praise GoW's combat and story when she was on the podcast last. They said they liked the combat a lot more than Bayonetta 3, but they also couldn't gush too much about it because they asked Woolie if they could describe the new weapon they both liked and he told them he'd prefer not to be spoiled.
yeah, I remember that part.

and man, pat went fuckin NUTS when he got that weapon. it's a really, really, really cool weapon too, and the meaning behind the weapon itself is just the best, too.

has reggie played any god of war games? or do you think that if he and woolie played them, would they just start at GOW 2018 and then do ragnarok, or would they do a full series playthrough? I wonder which they would prefer, I only played a little bit of the old ones so I'm not super familiar, but I love the new ones.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Ragnarok has a lot of good things in it but the things that are bad or annoying are really egregious and it’s an absolutely miserable game to ever consider replaying.

It’s good but it’s not on the same level as 2018

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
I can't believe that they won't let you skip cutscenes in GoW 2018 and Ragnarok unless it's new game plus

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Captain Invictus posted:

yeah, I remember that part.

and man, pat went fuckin NUTS when he got that weapon. it's a really, really, really cool weapon too, and the meaning behind the weapon itself is just the best, too.

has reggie played any god of war games? or do you think that if he and woolie played them, would they just start at GOW 2018 and then do ragnarok, or would they do a full series playthrough? I wonder which they would prefer, I only played a little bit of the old ones so I'm not super familiar, but I love the new ones.

No idea if Reggie's played the older ones, but I think Woolie said he'd have to play through at least Dad of War 1 with Reggie before jumping into Ragnarok. Did they ever re-release any of the old games after the PS3? That might be a pain to go back to anyway.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
They remastered the first two games for the PS3, and the third one for the PS4. Currently you can play 3 with no issue (I think you get it free with PS+ or something), but the first two you can only play through that streaming-only mode, since the PS3 is so hard to emulate.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
All of the pre-norse games are on PS3 actually, including remastered PSP titles...and Ascension, the game NOBODY remembers.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i remember ascension just because when I went back before 2018 to play the console gows, i abandoned it quickly since it runs like absolute dogshit which is sad because it took forever to download through the PS3s bad download speeds.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Reggie should play the Yakuza series

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

RevolverDivider posted:

Ragnarok has a lot of good things in it but the things that are bad or annoying are really egregious and it’s an absolutely miserable game to ever consider replaying.

It’s good but it’s not on the same level as 2018

I think 2018 hits harder in its beats and yeah less egregious stuff, but I can't imagine putting it over Ragnarok when it takes ages to get Mimir, you spend a chunk of the game with 1 weapon and there's no 3rd, and the enemy variety is 10000 big trolls as minibosses.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
These games just seem like incredibly slogs

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Anthony Burch was pulled in to do writing for Ragnarok and he copped to having to write a bunch of the backseating lines. He said he agreed with the complaints and wished he didn't have to write them.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

why in the gently caress is noted, documented Women Respecter anthony burch still working in the industry.

Is the games industry so desperate for lovely writers they'll just cop/priest/weinstein poo poo where he just gets shipped from company to company for as long as he can keep it in his pants

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

I think 2018 hits harder in its beats and yeah less egregious stuff, but I can't imagine putting it over Ragnarok when it takes ages to get Mimir, you spend a chunk of the game with 1 weapon and there's no 3rd, and the enemy variety is 10000 big trolls as minibosses.

ragnarok had more enemy variety but that was canceled out by its awful pacing, to say nothing of the abject misery of teen atreus taking center stage or really just saying or doing anything at all

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

beep by grandpa posted:

why in the gently caress is noted, documented Women Respecter anthony burch still working in the industry.

Is the games industry so desperate for lovely writers they'll just cop/priest/weinstein poo poo where he just gets shipped from company to company for as long as he can keep it in his pants

He managed to avoid having his poo poo blow up in the media or something so the companies likely don't care.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Oh god what did he do now? I remember him being cringe as hell some years ago but nothing beyond that.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Warbird posted:

Oh god what did he do now? I remember him being cringe as hell some years ago but nothing beyond that.

Whispers of casting couch stuff and just being a creep

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

the big one was while at gearbox he was sending job postings to women to interview them for it then coerced them into sex to get a position that did not exist

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

Listening to Pat and Woolie wildly misunderstand the wizards OGL thing was too much. Not all roleplaying games derive from Dungeons and Dragons.

zerofiend fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 12, 2023

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMl88bdo_7E

Me looking at the title and thumbnail: :ohdear:

Me actually watching the video: :sickos:

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Paige is playing DMC right now

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
paige please play dee emm cee 2 donte is very good and best in game

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Paige just touched Pat after eating popcorn. He handled it well.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CogentSpinelessGalagoKeepo-ajyYXZcbRxXhQNQ9

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Kay Kessler posted:

haha what the hell pat

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Kay Kessler posted:

Actual REEEEEEEEEEE irl

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kay Kessler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt4E3J8XzJM

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Pat's going all in with Hello Fresh, I wonder how long till he has a branded shirt to wear on stream.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Pat's shilling is on a whole other level.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Hello Fresh/BLue apron are such a solid scam. Over pricing a step by step recipe and the associated ingredients is easy money.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I like their hustle "this will help you learn how to cook, it's all good, don't think about the economy of paying restaurant prices for a meal you have to take the time and effort to make"

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Hell of Resh

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Starring Sigourney Wiener.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The boys also regularly shill for Honey, a data harvesting scheme from your friends at PayPal, so