Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rinkles posted:

Who remembers that Project Sylpheed was a game that existed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unsii5r74l4

It looked cool in 360 kiosks.

It was really cool if you muted it and put on the Battlestar Galactica soundtrack instead as you did your sick strafing runs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rinkles posted:

I got a japanese Xbox account to get the demo.

Or it might have been a different mediocre japanese space shooter

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Road warden looks cool

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

In my three houses maddening difficulty playthrough ,all of my little guys are in their final classes and g2g but I still got like four story missions left, and crucially four more in-game months of loving around between those missions. Usually that time is spent doing rpg skill-training stuff but with my squad no longer needing any skill-training it’s weirdly demoralizing

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I knew Nier was an action game, but I wasn't expecting it to seamlessly transition back and forth between 3d character action, sidescroller, and SHMUP. That is extremely cool I've gotten to the open world, which does have me a bit worried because the built level that did those transitions was great, but I'll see how it goes. I want to pet the moose.

I've also become somewhat concerned about the morality of 2B's mission

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's more of a hub world, the bulk of the game is designed levels like that.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/b0tster/status/1612899377000976390

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The combat of Nier didnt feel good to me, I like more technicality in my character action games like MGS:R:R or DMC and it's sorta disappointing cause everyone raves abt it. Oh well, the "Nier-heads" can enjoy it and there are thousands of games to play 😎👍

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I actually really hate it when people talk about enjoying something I didn’t…

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

in my humble unsolicited opinion, that kind of scan-line simulation looks crap

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I remember Project Sylpheed

Man that was anime as hell

I think it had really weird controls that involved holding the trigger partly down and keeping it there, two generations before the PS5 made that actually work

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Idk if it was you who posted the Bloodborne psx in the first place or if I found that person (writing on my phone so I can't look up names: bunlith I think?) by myself on Twitter, but I've been following the progress for a while and wow. Just loving making an entire game from scratch like that by yourself.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Gripweed posted:

I've also become somewhat concerned about the morality of 2B's mission

:bisonyes:

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
just spent a bit of time with Umurangi Generation, and hoo boy is that a major disappointment, after having seen and heard so much praise from many of the game critics I follow. the environmental storytelling might be great, but the simple photography game/walking simulator built around that storytelling requires putting up with a frankly unacceptable level of jank: movement and jumping don't feel great; there are major collision detection issues that led to falling through stairs, being catapulted into the air, or getting stuck on edges; and some of the objectives are particularly tedious and obscure (I could not for the life of me get the "10 solar panels with the telephoto lens" objective on the second level to work, which was the straw that broke the camel's back here).

I have no doubt that this game is doing some very interesting and admirable things with its world-building and politics, but frankly, I'd much rather read an essay, watch a YouTube video, or listen to a podcast about those than attempt to actually play this again.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

what if rainbow capitalism wrote a tv show

https://twitter.com/LightsCameraPod/status/1612857748428918790

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

this feels less like rainbow capitalism and more like a writing room of 40 year olds being handed a list with a title like "relevant topics for today's teens"

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

Arzaac posted:

oh and the weird thing about the digimon world early game is that, you start in native forest and have to unlock other areas. however your options are to go through drill cave, which requires you to fight a boss and then wait a few days for them to finish the tunnel. Or, you go to Coela point between the hours of 3pm - 9pm, find Coelamon who takes you to tropical jungle (this also, somehow, fixes the bridge to Tropical Jungle). I feel like this leaves you in a weird spot where, if you don't find Coelamon (very probably considering he's only there at a specific time of day) you can end up just, kinda stuck in a handful of screens for a few days. I guess it's nothing, just strikes me as a weird game design quirk

This entire game felt like a huge weird mystery to me when I was younger. I slowly stumbled through enough of it to get a decent amount of digimon recruited and after the first few hours any new area I found felt like a miracle. Same for occasionally getting a decent champion or ultimate evolution which is super rare when you don't know what's going on.

Eventually I found some GameFAQs guides with stats or pointers on where to go but even that only helped so much and indefinitely never finished it. What a weird game, some of those voice samples and sound effects are still in my head 20 years later.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Vermain posted:

this feels less like rainbow capitalism and more like a writing room of 40 year olds being handed a list with a title like "relevant topics for today's teens"

same thing

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Why do the writers hate Fred so much? They seem overly cruel to the guy

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
I think someone might want to check in on Adam Sessler because he's apparently 4 days into a nervous breakdown

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

It's Euphoria. High school drama, drugs, sex

Why couldn't we get a cool new Scooby-Doo

E: once again a show that seems to act like it hates most of the characters

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jan 11, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This "dark post-modern reinterpretation of a kid's series" thing is hardly new. Really, the only thing this show has on most is that it has the actual license for the thing.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Speaking of, it's too bad DC lost the hanna barbera license. The flintstones and snagglepuss comics were really good and I'd have liked to see something done with other less known hanna barbera properties like the impossibles.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Thompsons posted:

I think someone might want to check in on Adam Sessler because he's apparently 4 days into a nervous breakdown

what dumb poo poo has he said now?

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Vermain posted:

"remember that lame humor concept from 20 years ago?" in the literal synopsis is like they're getting so close to understanding that no one asked for or needs this trash

yet many people will watch it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rinkles posted:

Me, playing Chorvs had me thinking about it recently

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm imagining Velma's face is because she's listening to somebody read that description to her. Oof.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Mindy Kaling has yet to make a bad show so I’ll reserve my judgement until I watch the first few episodes. Then if they suck I’ll come let y’all know

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

what dumb poo poo has he said now?

he's basically been tweeting some cringeworthy "gamers Gamers loving GAMERS :byodood:" poo poo ever since injecting himself into that tweet Pratrick Klepek made complaining about the Kotaku sign joke at Magfest. My best guess is that after the G4 reboot failed, he got real unhappy seeing the public attention has largely passed him by in favor of other content creators

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Thompsons posted:

he's basically been tweeting some cringeworthy "gamers Gamers loving GAMERS :byodood:" poo poo ever since injecting himself into that tweet Pratrick Klepek made complaining about the Kotaku sign joke at Magfest. My best guess is that after the G4 reboot failed, he got real unhappy seeing the public attention has largely passed him by in favor of other content creators

huh. i kind of thought he'd dropped out of the videogame tastemaker thing altogether, i guess i was wrong. still remember that rather cringe binfinite review from a decade ago, but that was the last piece of media i saw out of him lol.

oof

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dewgy posted:

Every PS3 can play PS1 games. :science:

gently caress I could be playing Final Fantasy 9 right now :supaburn:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rarity posted:

The good version, too

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Nobody hates gamers more than a gamer.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i love gamers. you are all my family. i wouldn't lie to you.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Rarity posted:

I could be playing Valkyrie Profile right now :supaburn:

..but I'm at work :ferrari:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm at work but I'm at home so I could still be playing it right now :negative:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

No one tell my boss but I used to do all my daily animal crossing tasks during our team meetings when we first started working from home :ninja:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I screwed up my planning and finished Miles Morales thinking One Piece Odyssey was out today, but it's not, and I don't want to start anything else before then but I still wanna play something :gonk:

Oh well, more Hitman 3 I guess!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

I could be playing Valkyrie Profile right now :supaburn:

..but I'm at work :ferrari:

How are you enjoying your time with my boy Lucian? :science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003