Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/bealelab/status/1613115100763668484?t=oWInuZtD6xSESZ_bOKtk_w&s=19

But remember, it is the left with a problem of anti-semitism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gonzo McFee posted:

He turned up in a shirt with his sleeves rolled up and talking complete bollocks, of corse they thought they were from the government.

:thejoke:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The Boy With The Smooth Prefrontal

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Last tweet for now, honest, but this portrait of Boris is loving wild

https://twitter.com/christiancalgie/status/1613101955672600576?t=yMtiH_WzQpBZ-dkg2jrhnA&s=19

Boris hasn't been that svelte since he gave Darius Guppy the address of a journalist

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
New Ghostbusters 2 reboot looking cool.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

forkboy84 posted:

Last tweet for now, honest, but this portrait of Boris is loving wild

They should have told the AI artist to depict him with Union Jacks, soaring like an eagle on a zip wire :britain:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

New Ghostbusters 2 reboot looking cool.

Jesus :laffo:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

I remember watching the 6hr TV version of The Mahabharata by Peter Brooks back in 1989 and the one person in it that i really respected was Karna, son of Surya & Kunti.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Looks like if Jeremy Paxman went to a halloween party as boris.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Karna really gets a bad deal.

Yudhishthira is the biggest dumb rear end in the entire saga.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Gosh, I wonder what could explain the difference in tone of these headlines about two very similar cases :iiam:

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Autechre released their debut album in 1993.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Dead Goon posted:

Autechre released their debut album in 1993.

How does this affect the difference in tone between those headlines?

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Was that Boris portrait painted by Ben Garrison?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Looks more like a jon mcnaughton

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
OpenAI refused to generate me "Portrait of Boris Johnson in the style of Tom of Finland". I tire of the petty moralisation of our AI overlords

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Try "Portrait of British Prime Minister Boris in the style of Tom of Finland". Sometimes it gets funny ideas about words like Johnson.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

He's had the whip withdrawn now.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
A Bridgen too far.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I hope someone's a Bridgen his career.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Try "Portrait of British Prime Minister Boris in the style of Tom of Finland". Sometimes it gets funny ideas about words like Johnson.

Cheers.

The results, while bad, are still better than the actual portrait

E: think I'm honing in on some more realistic options

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jan 11, 2023

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I remember the guy on the bottom right from devil may cry.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Angrymog posted:

Another Ganesh story is the reason he has a broken tusk. The sage Vyasa, chronicler of the Mahabharata said he was ready to have it written down, but once he'd started to tell it, he wasn't going to stop.

This would require a divine scribe to transcript it. Ganesh agreed to do it, and started taking notes. At some point his pen broke, so he snapped off a tusk to use as a pen.

I like the version where he broke off his own tusk to chuck at his rat to stop it nibbling the moon.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Jedit posted:

How does this affect the difference in tone between those headlines?

Isn't it obvious?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Cheers.

The results, while bad, are still better than the actual portrait

E: think I'm honing in on some more realistic options

:nws: but here is what stable diffusion gave me - it looks better zoomed out, but, well, it's NWS so

https://i.imgur.com/160JNiC.jpg (stately oil painting of)

https://i.imgur.com/Rdz1xtZ.png (stately sketch)

I like how it struggles to draw the union jack correctly.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jan 11, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Rock Hard Johnson

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Private Speech posted:

:nws: but here is what stable diffusion gave me - it looks better zoomed out, but, well, it's NWS so

https://i.imgur.com/160JNiC.jpg (stately oil painting of)

https://i.imgur.com/Rdz1xtZ.png (stately sketch)

I like how it struggles to draw the union jack correctly.

I like it that Tom of Finland style has translated into Kalevala by Akseli Gallen-Kallela style in some of those.

Also in one of the sketches they appear to have a camel toe.

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jan 11, 2023

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

Look there's no reason to be gender-normative about it.

e: I think it's mixing in Theresa May there a little, because of the "prime minister" bit.

Incidentally both sets of images are based on the same random seed, it's interesting to see what remains and what changes between the two.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jan 11, 2023

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

If the word "johnson" is naughty enough to trigger internal blocks in the AI, surely Tom of Finland is not in the data banks of this, the most innocent of AIs

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

The way the block works on the earlier versions of the stable diffusion model is that it's just an optional word filter which splits offending words in half, independent of the actual AI bit.

On the newer V2 one they pruned the data set by using another AI trained on figuring out what is "erotic", but by all accounts it was way overzealous, leading to some weird gaps (but it did successfully make it innocent as to nude humans).

Any other or more intelligent blocks are specific to the various cloud services.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jan 11, 2023

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Dalle2 refused to draw me a picture of kier Starmer doing something or other I can't remember, pretty innocuous. Said it was worried I was bullying him.

Lol Starmer not Starkey

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jan 11, 2023

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

That will be some other 'compliance AI' telling you that, not the actual image-from-noise generating bit.

Well it could be made connected to the text parser bit, but I don't think there's much reason to.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

franco posted:

Genuinely sorry :( I was a bit out of sorts when I posted (going to a funeral today yay!) and misread the room.

Aye, Mills was doing Hindu, as you say, AND saying he was a Buddhist at the same time back then. The "twat about it" apology was what I meant about the rapidly walking it back. Probably didn't help that his previous band played an event where there were right wing anti-semitic speakers.

You're a good dude/dudette whose posts I enjoy a lot so I hope we cool.

Oh hey, absolutely nothing to apologise for at all. Sorry I poked you while you were feeling tender. I hope you can cope okay with the funeral, I'll pour one out on your behalf tonight.

We definitely cool mate. Little stunned that you find my ramblings enjoyable, very kind of you to say so. I'm a dude btw.

Guavanaut posted:

Kulak fakir.
:golfclap: Well played sir!

Loving all these variations on Ganesha origin stories. One I'd never heard of that's on Wikipedia is that his actual birth mother was an elephant headed goddess who got pregnant by drinking Parvati's bath water.
Does this give gamer-girl bathwater a potential role in some sick ahegao-face based eugenics plot? :barf:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Private Speech posted:

On the newer V2 one they pruned the data set by using another AI trained on figuring out what is "erotic", but by all accounts it was way overzealous, leading to some weird gaps (but it did successfully make it innocent as to nude humans).

You're saying they trained a horny AI to curate and rate the filthiest generative smut their users could imagine, all of which they are keeping to themselves on a big private server at LMU marked "Die Schmutzbilder"?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

big scary monsters posted:

You're saying they trained a horny AI to curate and rate the filthiest generative smut their users could imagine, all of which they are keeping to themselves on a big private server at LMU marked "Die Schmutzbilder"?

It's actually the real smut images that were curated and the data set is public, but essentially yes.

The idea being it's a lot harder to get around when the AI is not trained on smut rather than trying to filter the outputs.

e: VVVV Well people still do that since you don't have to use the V2 model, even if it's a bit better in some ways.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jan 11, 2023

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Which is unfortunate because allowing people to generate whatever big booby boob mega titty boob extreme anime boob images they like could be a legit use for AI. Sort of in a Culture containment sense, we can simply lock people in a room with the horny AI and let them generate it as much as they like.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
*Riker voice* Computer, I want to see making GBS threads dicknipples.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Wing Commander 'making GBS threads' Dick Nipples, OBE

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

keep punching joe posted:

*Riker voice* Computer, I want to see making GBS threads dicknipples.

That's more of a Barclay* move

*Broccoli

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/mikeysmith/status/1613179305525219328