Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

jjac posted:

Fell into the portrait hole since they're very necessary now

Disco Elysium portrait is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Macaluso posted:

I wasn't blown away by the regular boss music and general raid music in the first raid of this series, but all the music in this one are bangers. I love the FIDDLE!!!!

It honestly makes me sour that Nophica wasn't the capstone boss. Menphina's song is good but an all-out folk arrangement would've been incredible, as well as being a genre that hasn't gotten the Soken treatment yet.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

new trial owned, new trial music owned
here’s hoping for a sokken version of Zeromus’s theme next patch

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Heran Bago posted:

Disco Elysium portrait is great.
yeah what the heck coat is that it looks perfect

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Vermain posted:

it's a tremendous irony that the people who will actually make the most use of the instant portrait system - aesthetes who like showing off their glams and photographic creativity - are the ones who the current system fucks over the hardest

if i gotta re-save my portrait every time i do anything from changing my plate to changing my hair to flipping my visor up, i'm gonna lose interest in it in a hot second

It's especially silly because almost all of those changes are easily fixed by just opening the portrait up for editing and immediately saving it and leaving. They really should just run the "does the portrait still work" check automatically.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

yeah what the heck coat is that it looks perfect

It's the Lawless Enforcer's Jacket

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Vermain posted:

it's a tremendous irony that the people who will actually make the most use of the instant portrait system - aesthetes who like showing off their glams and photographic creativity - are the ones who the current system fucks over the hardest

if i gotta re-save my portrait every time i do anything from changing my plate to changing my hair to flipping my visor up, i'm gonna lose interest in it in a hot second

It's incredibly annoying. I can only hope that the increased exposure is going to put extra pressure on the Devs to fix it. Surely if your portrait doesn't match your current glam when entering a duty it would be simple enough for it to auto update.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Got lucky and won the Euphrosine tanking top with a Need 1 lol

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Mainwaring posted:

It's incredibly annoying. I can only hope that the increased exposure is going to put extra pressure on the Devs to fix it. Surely if your portrait doesn't match your current glam when entering a duty it would be simple enough for it to auto update.

or just have a "use adventurer plate portrait as my default portrait" checkbox, which 100% should not be a technical issue if adventurer plates and their respective portraits are already being loaded into duties as it is

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Ibblebibble posted:

Got lucky and won the Euphrosine tanking top with a Need 1 lol

The gear rolls are within your party only, any need roll on a tank piece will win because nobody else can roll need on it.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I agree there should be an option to set it to your adventurer plate portrait, but I'll point out that there is a small hitch in loading when you check someone's plate, so I don't think they're actually loaded in your client until you request them. It might just add a few seconds to loading into an instance, I guess.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

The gear rolls are within your party only, any need roll on a tank piece will win because nobody else can roll need on it.

I know, I was saying that I was lucky that it dropped at all, it's just funny winning with a 1 roll lol

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Pigbuster posted:

The followup quests give a potential answer for that. That said... the watcher seems way too chill to actually want to fight, so who knows.

I'm hoping that If the watcher is chill we just get Oops! All 12! for a finale

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Draga posted:

It's the Lawless Enforcer's Jacket

how apropos

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Detheros posted:

I'm hoping that If the watcher is chill we just get Oops! All 12! for a finale

they're gonna reuse the ramuh model to give the watcher a big rear end fusoya beard for his boss fight

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Did the normal trial this morning after the alliance raid yesterday.

The more that I play new-PLD, the more that I like it. It still feels like PLD but it's nowhere near as rigid and repetitive. It's not flawless - I don't know what to do with bulwark (get rid of block reliance only to add it back in?) and it feels wonky that expacion and circle of scorn are on the same cooldown. They might as well be the same button in terms of decision-making; you'll never have reason to press them at different times. Still, a vast improvement over pre-rework PLD IMO.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Bullwark is just a defensive CD that doesn't work on Bleeds and makes a bunch of bonk bonk noises. You can still block nearly everything else, and that's around a 20% mit or so if my memory serves. A little bit of flavour over Rampart 2.0.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Bulwark is just a physical mirror to DRK's magical Dark Mind with a 30 second longer CD, likely because it's more useful in dungeon runs. Now that we're more easily able to see what damage is physical or magical, it's another tool for PLD. It's not like we needed one, and I'm expecting some pruning to come in 7.0 because there's so many buttons, but it's still nice to see our shield represented as more than a stat stick or only used by a couple very situational abilities.

Edit: Wait, we can block spells now too, can't we? Or am I misremembering?

Onean fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jan 11, 2023

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Onean posted:

Bulwark is just a physical mirror to DRK's magical Dark Mind with a 30 second longer CD

You can block magic now as well, unless Bulwark is doing something weird.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
bulwark has a longer cooldown than dark mind because it's more useful in general, because PLD has been able to block magic attacks since 4.0

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Ah, you both answered my edited question as I was asking that. For some reason it was stuck in my mind that spells couldn't be blocked, even though I started playing after that change.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Pigbuster posted:

The followup quests give a potential answer for that. That said... the watcher seems way too chill to actually want to fight, so who knows.

The Watcher and Argos give us a Bardam-style mechanics test that 24 people have to pass

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Trying to work through the ex trial and the floor lines thing is breaking my brain in two. It's like the 83 trial but on steroids.

dyslexicfaser
Dec 10, 2022

Vitamean posted:

Jumped back to female lalafell, and even though the pose doesn't match with male I was still able to get a similar plate out of it. I think they both look good.

Stylish. I've been having a hard time getting low-angled shots on my lalafell.

jjac posted:

Fell into the portrait hole since they're very necessary now

Lots of good ones.

I like the geometric pattern one in the bottom right. Guy looks like he just realized he turned into a werewolf at the full moon.

dyslexicfaser fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jan 11, 2023

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

FuturePastNow posted:

The Watcher and Argos give us a Bardam-style mechanics test that 24 people have to pass

Oh god yes please.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
And since people are posting portraits...

I find lighting really, really hard in the portrait system. I'm still not certain of the details on how the two lighting types interact. Gpose gives you far better, and more intuitive, lighting.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Wait you have different hair in different instant portraits?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Thundarr posted:

Wait you have different hair in different instant portraits?

I wish. No, that portrait got made, and originally screenshotted, back when I was actively playing BLM and used a different hairstyle. Which I'm not anymore.

The only one that's actually post-patch is the PLD one, I just don't think I've posted any of them before.

e: The fact that we can't just glamour (and thus glamour plate, and thus portrait) hairstyles is very silly. They should probably fix that along with the Viera/Hroth hat shortage. They won't, I'm sure, but they should.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jan 11, 2023

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

aers posted:

In lighter news there was some new code snuck into the exe which confirms they're working on DX12 rendering for the 7.0 graphics update, so it could be a full on rendering engine rework rather than just here's some better textures and more lights.

Really excited about this possibility

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Corbeau posted:

I wish. No, that portrait got made, and originally screenshotted, back when I was actively playing BLM and used a different hairstyle. Which I'm not anymore.

The only one that's actually post-patch is the PLD one, I just don't think I've posted any of them before.

e: The fact that we can't just glamour (and thus glamour plate, and thus portrait) hairstyles is very silly. They should probably fix that along with the Viera/Hroth hat shortage. They won't, I'm sure, but they should.

Oh for sure, if I could glam plate my hair I'd go absolutely nuts with it.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Really excited about this possibility

I think it's inevitable, since there's only so much you can do with good visual design, and having a brand new renderer to show off to try and capture a new audience at the start of a new story with 7.0 feels like a smart choice.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Dear Square

Remove gender locks from drawn weapon cpose

Thank you

- signed post

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Agreed! Remove gender.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Instructions misunderstood, everyone's character is now the Source missing texture.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/gaiusapologist/status/1613197322619621376?t=Fu_5u0hV0XR2pYRiMYDfxA&s=19

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Corbeau posted:

And since people are posting portraits...

I find lighting really, really hard in the portrait system. I'm still not certain of the details on how the two lighting types interact. Gpose gives you far better, and more intuitive, lighting.

I love that Valkyrie PLD glam and want to steal it.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

NO!!!! WHY?!!

Pyp
Jul 29, 2022

wait really :( i liked the glib

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Corbeau posted:

it feels wonky that expacion and circle of scorn are on the same cooldown

Wait, do they now share the 30s recast timer or do you just mean that they're both oGCD? Because that's always been the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Bloody Pom posted:

Wait, do they now share the 30s recast timer or do you just mean that they're both oGCD? Because that's always been the case.

They're separate 30s oGCDs. I thought CoS was a longer cooldown, but it's been a long time since I've played Paladin much.