Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

fridge corn posted:

I've sent him straight to Valhalla haha

I guess he's gotta go eventually :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Toast King posted:

This entire game felt like a huge weird mystery to me when I was younger. I slowly stumbled through enough of it to get a decent amount of digimon recruited and after the first few hours any new area I found felt like a miracle. Same for occasionally getting a decent champion or ultimate evolution which is super rare when you don't know what's going on.

Eventually I found some GameFAQs guides with stats or pointers on where to go but even that only helped so much and indefinitely never finished it. What a weird game, some of those voice samples and sound effects are still in my head 20 years later.

Yeah this is me as well. I’m going to try to get it running on emudeck on my steam deck because I need to experience it again now that I have adult faculties. If anything just to remind myself that it’s real.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Xenoblade 3 has the worst kind of RPG shoopkeeper, the ones that gives you poo poo if you don't buy anything. It's not my fault their inventory is bad :(

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

bone emulator posted:

Xenoblade 3 has the worst kind of RPG shoopkeeper, the ones that gives you poo poo if you don't buy anything. It's not my fault their inventory is bad :(

If you were playing a better game they'd have masterworks all, you couldn't go wrong

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

bone emulator posted:

money is hilariously useless in xc3

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

bone emulator posted:

I learned to ignore all of that NPC griping after Patches started calling me out for it, after trying to murder me, then stealing my new friend’s amulet, and convincing me to go get trapped in the volcano dungeon basement, and in another playthrough kicking me off a cliff.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

If you were playing a better game they'd have masterworks all, you couldn't go wrong

yeah good games force you to marry your shopkeepers :colbert:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i got to the part in xc3 where things get epic.... things have gotten epic......

also this game still has terrible loot

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Gotta love the Trials of Mana shopkeepers. Always dancing, always vibing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bone emulator posted:

Filthy capitalists can gently caress right off imo

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

the best RPG shopkeep is definitely maughlin the armorer from DS2 where he starts off as this timid milksop bellyaching about his failure as a merchant and, if you buy enough of his items, eventually is just loving leanin in his shop giving you poo poo every time you come to buy from him

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Vermain posted:

the best RPG shopkeep is definitely maughlin the armorer from DS2 where he starts off as this timid milksop bellyaching about his failure as a merchant and, if you buy enough of his items, eventually is just loving leanin in his shop giving you poo poo every time you come to buy from him

I mean, he forgot he sucked so much and sold garbage I bought out of pity. My man can't even remember not being insanely successful.

Best shopkeeper is your childhood friend in Lunar who quits adventuring to become a shopkeep and who, when the world is on the line, gives you everything in his shop for free.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Rarity posted:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
capitalists at least take a shower

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

*loads machine gun*

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Best shopkeepers live in Skyrim

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo this is a blast from the past but I can't get the controller working properly. I can either have it acting like the keyboard so the emulator menu works but I can't control the game, or I can have it acting like the PSX controller but then I can't control the emulator.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I need to beat that dang game

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I beat the sword lady in Elden Ring, I belive that makes me a “pro gamer” now. :)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I'm sorry but if you haven't beaten Malenia on NG+7 with an RL1 Wretch with the herald horn no summons no flasks no items, can you truly call yourself "a gamer."

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The shopkeeper in Etrian Odyssey Untold gets mad if you don't buy things and so I've got "Next time you should buy someting" burned into my brain.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

exquisite tea posted:

I'm sorry but if you haven't beaten Malenia on NG+7 with an RL1 Wretch with the herald horn no summons no flasks no items, can you truly call yourself "a gamer."

Oh, you were using a game controller? Do it without a crutch next time

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Make sure to bring more Macca next time.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Kerrzhe posted:

technically every character is a son or daughter or other of someone

now if we're talking worst i have to award both Heihachi and Kazuya Mishima for being simultaneously the worst sons and the worst fathers

yeah but my point is, when is THE PROTAGONIST'S child (or parent for that matter) involved. like, your example is interesting exactly because of the family dynamic.

that said, uh, God of War is extremely loving good and I am glad to finally be playing it. If you'd told me "It's old God of War but open-world with some Dark Souls boss fights and Diablo itemization but also heartwrenching" I would have been very confused, but experiencing that I am extremely pleased. GOTY.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Muscle Tracer posted:

yeah but my point is, when is THE PROTAGONIST'S child (or parent for that matter) involved. like, your example is interesting exactly because of the family dynamic.

Were Dragon Quest 5 and Romancing SaGa 2 mentioned yet?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the resetera GOTY doesn't require explanations for votes so almost every post is just a plain numbered list

but i gotta give it up to the one guy who voted lawn mower simulator #1 and powerwash simulator #2. a real gamer awash in that ocean

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Make sure to bring more Macca next time.

The shopkeeper utter contempt for you in SMT IV is great. Phenomenal voice work.

"Oh, a hunter. "

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

FirstAidKite posted:

Were Dragon Quest 5 and Romancing SaGa 2 mentioned yet?

For that matter there's also SaGa Frontier 2, where your final protagonist is the granddaughter of your first protagonist (who is also still in your party, mind).

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Muscle Tracer posted:

that said, uh, God of War is extremely loving good and I am glad to finally be playing it. If you'd told me "It's old God of War but open-world with some Dark Souls boss fights and Diablo itemization but also heartwrenching" I would have been very confused, but experiencing that I am extremely pleased. GOTY.

Bioshock 2 was pretty good incidentally

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The 7th Guest posted:

the resetera GOTY doesn't require explanations for votes

:baduk:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Skull & Bones got delayed again, lol.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It's called skull & bones because that's what anyone who has heard of it will be when it finally comes out!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

They've also canned 7 unannounced games in the past year due to "surprisingly slower" sales. Games getting canned early in dev is pretty normal, but still

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

It's called skull & bones because that's what anyone who has heard of it will be when it finally comes out!

It's now set to have taken at least 10+ years to make and 5+ years from announcement to launch lol

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Waffleman_ posted:

no loving way, incredible!

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The 7th Guest posted:

the resetera GOTY doesn't require explanations for votes so almost every post is just a plain numbered list

but i gotta give it up to the one guy who voted lawn mower simulator #1 and powerwash simulator #2. a real gamer awash in that ocean

can a GOTY thread were someone does not submit their list as a .wad really be considered a real GOTY thread?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Wtf is skull & bones

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Waffleman_ posted:

they needed all hands on deck to write more cusses for the monkey in Beyond Good & Evil 2 which is stealth dropping next month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Can't wait for the skull and bones pixel remake