Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

the dashboerd isn't actually granite. it's some synthetic material that feels like paper and (probably) doesn't weigh as much as rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Data Graham posted:

lmao I haven't seen a middle front seat since the 80s

the McLaren F1 is a 3-seater with a center-mounted driver's seat, but that was for an actual reason.
Cybertruck has a regular seating configuration, that's just a weird perspective shot.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Everything about the Cybertruck gets uglier the more you look at it.

It's a good thing it probably won't actually be made.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
yeah^

it really looks like a car designed by someone who knows literally nothing about cars or design

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Herstory Begins Now posted:

yeah^

it really looks like a car designed by someone who knows literally nothing about cars or design

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i predict youll never see one on the road

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

No no, they'll be all over the road. Their owners won't be able to get them to the side after they catch fire

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Non Compos Mentis posted:

What is the switch looking thing on the bottom of the steering column? I thought it was the switch to raise and lower it but id doesn't look like it moves. Is it the steering wheel release?

Maybe telescoping? Another fun option will be $500 a month or the steering wheel randomly telescopes out into the driver's face at 30m/s to "keep the driver alert"

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Flyinglemur posted:

Maybe telescoping? Another fun option will be $500 a month or the steering wheel randomly telescopes out into the driver's face at 30m/s to "keep the driver alert"

Aim it lower for a nice *thwack* to the pud. Or duct tape a fleshlight to it.

Whatever floats your boat.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

madeintaipei posted:

Aim it lower for a nice *thwack* to the pud. Or duct tape a fleshlight to it.

Whatever floats your boat.

no matter what Elon tells you the Cyrber truck is NOT a flotation device.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Trillhouse posted:

the dashboerd isn't actually granite. it's some synthetic material that feels like paper and (probably) doesn't weigh as much as rock.

Hm, all the luxury of a cheap IKEA countertop

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

E the Shaggy posted:

So if you go with Tesla's Autopilot that is continuing to take lives like its the grim reaper of cars

I will not have you sullying the Gravedigger's good name!

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

pixaal posted:

no matter what Elon tells you the Cyrber truck is NOT a flotation device.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/3-people-rescued-after-tesla-driver-plunges-into-pasadena-pool/

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I thought the driver was a hero at first

Should say driver plunges Tesla into pool

And ofc there were kids there, that’s why it accelerated

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

MrQwerty posted:

the McLaren F1 is a 3-seater with a center-mounted driver's seat, but that was for an actual reason.
Cybertruck has a regular seating configuration, that's just a weird perspective shot.

in the minimal amount of information they've let out they've already said it's a 6 seater

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
I don't know why the 3-seater approach isn't more popular for coupes. You probably get a similar cabin length, but +1 seat. Also you're at the center of the car, like in a jet.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

busalover posted:

I don't know why the 3-seater approach isn't more popular for coupes. You probably get a similar cabin length, but +1 seat. Also you're at the center of the car, like in a jet.

Do I get a flight stick like a jet? I once played Euro Truck simulator with flight gear and that was hilarious.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

pixaal posted:

Do I get a flight stick like a jet? I once played Euro Truck simulator with flight gear and that was hilarious.

nah

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

busalover posted:

Engineers said oupes are too narrow for 3 seats before i fired them, but we're looking into it.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I realize no one that drives one of those would ever need to, but I can't imagine how annoying it would be to have to pay for parking at one of those "Swipe your card" gates in a parking garage. Also getting drive through food would also be annoying, but again, someone driving that probably doesn't hit McDonalds all that often.

Edit: It actually just looks really awkward to get into in general.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
To stop a Tesla from bursting into flames and/or careen into a preschool, you have tell "GRIMES WAS WRONG TO LEAVE!"

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

I want the vid of somebody clambering in

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

N. Senada posted:

The Chieftain can expand to cars once he runs out of armored vehicles to clamber in and out of to confirm if he fits.

"Oh, bugger, the tankTesla is on fire."

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

busalover posted:

The modern supercars seem to have much wider sills so there's probably not enough width left to fit three seats. You can see the bit where it says McLaren in the old one is much wider here

And it's probably just too weird for a more mainstream car where people would need to get their own parking tickets. The F1 is also much bigger than something like a Miata or BRZ so that wouldn't work there anyway.

N. Senada posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEjuJyjQ8YI&t=93s

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Fortunately the concept lives on

https://gordonmurrayautomotive.com/cars/t50

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Today's Dilbert comic in my newspaper is a joke about Elon Musk.

Wally "Why did you leave your last job?"
New hire: "My company was purchased by the most successful entrepreneur in the history of civilization"
Wally: "Sounds awful "
New Hire: "honestly, I don't know how I survived."

That's it, they just sit there and say that, and it isn't even a joke. Just Scott being so upset that anyone would want out of Elon's way while he has a midlife crisis. You'd have to be terminally online to even get it, and it's in a newspaper for olds.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

War Wizard posted:

That's it, they just sit there and say that, and it isn't even a joke. Just Scott being so upset that anyone would want out of Elon's way while he has a midlife crisis. You'd have to be terminally online to even get it, and it's in a newspaper for olds.

Dilbert is still in the newspaper?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Like he knows that the reason thousands of people “left” Twitter is that they were summarily fired for no reasonable cause, right?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

War Wizard posted:

New hire: "My company was purchased by the most successful entrepreneur in the history of civilization"

Yesterday's was worse.

https://dilbert.com/strip/2023-01-10

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Scott Adams: literally a professional simp.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

War Wizard posted:

Yeah how dare someone want to sleep in their own bed.

Or have hobbies that aren't work

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

got em

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

imagine getting paid to moderate the comment section of the online dilbert daily comic strip

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

yook posted:

Once you remove all the controls and air conditioning vents, why even have a dashboard?

Glass roof is nice, though. You're only ever a few tin foil pieces away from sitting in a fully fledged solar oven while you bake in the sun.

It looks even more like a half-life 1 counterstrike map from this angle and the fire extinguisher under the seat is a thoughtful addition.

Christ almighty this thing is just so stupid, even for a concept.
Along with everything else, the headrests the lean back from the seatback are useless for actual head restraint. No that's not my only takeaway, just my contribution. Everyone else is or has already pointed out the rest of the stupid.

Sentient Data posted:

And you still haven't. You should play spot the difference between those two pics, it's pretty hilarious how they're missing all their own style/design goals

Oh, wow, you're right. The "real" one (with the fire extinguisher) is completely different, other than, like, basic layout.
LOL that the yoke and steering column are somehow more square/angular ion the real one.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Scott Adams, author of Dilbert, does not understand why someone doesn't want to work for a boss that thinks he knows more than he actually does, involves himself in discussions he doesn't belong in, and expects unreasonable work hours.

We live in a fuckin simulation.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Decon posted:

Scott Adams, author of Dilbert, does not understand why someone doesn't want to work for a boss that thinks he knows more than he actually does, involves himself in discussions he doesn't belong in, and expects unreasonable work hours.

We live in a fuckin simulation.

This despite the fact that he fully understood this problem because he openly mocked that management style a decade prior. He became everything he hated.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

War Wizard posted:

Scott Adams: literally a professional simp.

Scott adams has said publicly that he used his hypnotism skills to get laid

Which is extremely cool and not tapdancing along the “sex monster” line even slightly

Ed: money ruins people, scott adams has been too comfortable for too long

Him and adam carolla should go ahead and have to go back to work

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Polio Vax Scene posted:

imagine getting paid to moderate the comment section of the online dilbert daily comic strip

lol it's such right wing toxic nonsense

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

VegasGoat posted:

I see some posters using break instead of brake. Here’s an easy way to remember the difference:

A car brakes when it stops.
A car breaks when it stops working.

You’re welcome.

To be fair, we're talking about Tesla, so it really could be either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://twitter.com/YWNReporter/status/1613243587361402885?t=OFE3oq8Cc-pD3RAK2_BNrg&s=19

Trying to wring a nickel out of everything