Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
never surrender
never retreat
always attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

:hmmyes: Maybe they should stop the war

yunichel
Apr 27, 2010
Gerasimov always looks like he just smelled a ripe fart

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Ardennes posted:

It is actually okay to withdraw from positions sometimes (that goes for both sides).

What?! No, that's when you get your army's main character to blow up all the tanks.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Danann posted:

(from t.me/Slavyangrad/28424, via tgsa)

playing world of tanks eight years to apply it irl

Warthunderishly: Didn't have the spawn points to come back as a CAS drone? Smh

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Leopards are supposed to be "good" tanks. Guess Ukraine must've run through the stocks of old Soviet war gear from Eastern NATO.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Haha, remember a week ago when the Polish Foreign Ministry politely requested the Ukrainian parliament and Commander-in-Chief not publicly venerate (in)famous Pole exterminator Stepan Bandera? Something something Leopards Eating People's Faces Party.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

OctaMurk posted:

NO, NOT ONE STEP BACK!!

but i thought nato said not one step forward!?!?

idiot hell fucker haunting this thread: that was never said, what was said was 'not one inch eastward' which is an imperial unit of length in a cardinal direction, not an undefined measurement in an unspecific direction

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Futanari Damacy posted:

stopping the war is the same as admitting that Russia was right to start the war in the first place. The war can not stop until Russia either ceases to exist as a nation on the world stage, or if they are reduced to such a degree that they can literally never undertake military action against a neighbor for any reason ever again

Maybe the Russians could exist as a sort of pre-industrial society, where Russians work to produce agrarian goods for the civilized people of the world until they are no longer capable of working in the fields at which time they are disposed of. Obviously you wouldn't need as many Russians as you have in the world right now for this purpose so there would need to be a transition to bring the population down to a point that is easier to maintain going forward.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Donrf posted:

2014. Somewhere in the Steppe we found fifty tanks. We needed mechanics and drivers. Men who had served up to 20+ years were found. Where my comrade was only one got turned over, one was dropped in the river. These were Soviet tanks and drivers. NATO has them different. And operation, and repair and electronics. Something that the Khohols do not know how to do. That is from 300 tanks they will drop not 60, but all 120. And then the battle. Recently at Belgorod our guys took bourgeois light armor. It didn't even fire. They knocked out the drivetrain and that's it. Khohol gunner forgot which button to press. In general, western quickly fades away. Other philosophy of design. That is why the tanks were not given.

Two conclusions - first, tanks without tanks drivers (repairmen, staff, etc.) garbage. The second - it is not only us with little green men. For now it looks like a threat - if you push we will steamroll you. With regular NATO divisions. We'll see what happens next.
(from t.me/donrf22/12681, via tgsa)

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Starsfan posted:

stopping the war is the same as admitting that Russia was right to start the war in the first place. The war can not stop until Russia either ceases to exist as a nation on the world stage, or if they are reduced to such a degree that they can literally never undertake military action against a neighbor for any reason ever again

Maybe the Russians could exist as a sort of pre-industrial society, where Russians work to produce agrarian goods for the civilized people of the world until they are no longer capable of working in the fields at which time they are disposed of. Obviously you wouldn't need as many Russians as you have in the world right now for this purpose so there would need to be a transition to bring the population down to a point that is easier to maintain going forward.

please tell me this isn’t a syq because i don’t want to share a forum with someone who’s this mentally ill

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I think it was sarcasm

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Comrade Koba posted:

please tell me this isn’t a syq because i don’t want to share a forum with someone who’s this mentally ill

It's basically Plan Ost that the Nazis had for post-conquest Russia so I wouldn't take it seriously.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

ни шага вперёд

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the cost to repair a clutch in an automatic car is $0

owned

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Comrade Koba posted:

yeah sorry it's not a syq, the first part is a reflection of the attitudes I've read from the NAFO people who rail on about how Russia is an inherently dangerous civilization that has always terrorized their neighbors so there can be no real peace with them except from a position of absolute strength, the second part is the vision the Nazis had for the slavs post WW2

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

if you actually read what he said, he says that he’s not giving the tanks to ukraine, they’re actually part on an invasion force for retaking lviv

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

mlmp08 posted:

Sure. This kind of posturing and will they won’t they is fairly normal, particularly when the conflict is still considered far from militarily decided/stalemated by both sides of the conflict.

Russia’s claim that Ukraine is unreasonable makes sense from a posturing perspective and the perspective of Russia’s desire to annex 4 oblasts.

Ukraine refusing to sit down just to walk away the second Russia demands 4 oblasts or else also makes sense.
have the ukranians considered an ingenious device to reset time to before boris johnson scuttled the peace negotiations in pre-annexation ukraine

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

lollontee posted:

never surrender
never retreat
always attack

oh hello Prussian general staff where were you hiding

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

euphronius posted:

the cost to repair a clutch in an automatic car is $0

owned

consider urselves wrecked, manual nazis

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ukraine is on the verge of winning if only those of us in the West prayed, pentecostalishly

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/WorldWarNow_/status/1613071060358033415

the most insulting thing to do to a anglo tourist

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Jel Shaker posted:

if you actually read what he said, he says that he’s not giving the tanks to ukraine, they’re actually part on an invasion force for retaking lviv

Aka a future meat grinder wave.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/WorldWarNow_/status/1613071060358033415

the most insulting thing to do to a anglo tourist

multipolar world of metro 2033 readers vs. metro 2033 gamers

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endman posted:

oh hello Prussian general staff where were you hiding

versailles

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

https://twitter.com/vonderleyen/status/1613123799922139136

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Hmmm, something makes me think she is a lying sack of poo poo, but I dunno maybe I just don't believe in the EU values of being a lying snake.
https://twitter.com/dw_europe/status/1612746206517813248
https://twitter.com/les_politiques/status/1609283436564582400

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/NogaiKhanate/status/1612963703988834305?s=20&t=Tu-mB6mM_AK_wzlNrtQN9Q

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Oh poo poo, repkis in chat.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

At least Hitler.....

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

that take was pretty spicy i need a glass of milk

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Cheffs kiss

OctaMurk posted:

can we end the slapfight

lol

Orange Devil has issued a correction as of 22:06 on Jan 11, 2023

yunichel
Apr 27, 2010
Aw, cheer up, just turn your holomodor into yolomodor

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This is completely different. mlmp08 is assuming that the statements of anonymous US intelligence officials are true, which is obviously way more reasonable than making a mild hyperbole about something that is actually correct and supported by evidence.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The oppression Olympics. Just like school kids competing to show off who got the best scar over holiday break.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1613287985067294720?t=GTiOiletQmu6C_uTXMjpbQ&s=19

What's going on now

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Futanari Damacy posted:

Actually, slava ukraini

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I'm the sleeper agent that sneaks in at night to tie everyone's boot laces together.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

There's a surprising lack of snivelling cheems pfp losers in the replies there, I think nafo is running out of ammunition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Stuff keeps being set on fire or blowing up in Russia.

Is it some outside malevolent force or just corruption and neglect like every time something burns down, blows up, or collapses in America?

Who knows :shrug: