Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Code Jockey posted:

it's loving ridiculous that weed of all things causes such friction

absolutely, especially when it's legal in the state you reside in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Inspector Hound posted:

I've got one too, watch your local headshop

e ah, here you go, they even have little pineapple bowls to go with it

Oh hey, the second one is mine, yep! Also, this reminds me I have a pineapple bowl too I got a long time ago, now's your time to shine big guy!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

MrQwerty posted:

absolutely, especially when it's legal in the state you reside in

Every once in a while I remember that Instacart will happily deliver me, in ~30 mins, enough 190 proof Everclear to kill me, for a modest fee; that I can walk into the local liquor store, buy the same thing and drink myself to death in their parking lot, and that's okay, I guess

and yet

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Code Jockey posted:

Every once in a while I remember that Instacart will happily deliver me, in ~30 mins, enough 190 proof Everclear to kill me, for a modest fee; that I can walk into the local liquor store, buy the same thing and drink myself to death in their parking lot, and that's okay, I guess

and yet

lmao you absolutely cannot get alcohol delivered to you here because New Mexico has... issues with alcohol

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

did something change recently? i used to ship wine for a living and i definitely remember certain states being a major pain in my rear end (utah, pennsylvania, etc) but i dont remember nm being one of the particularly egregious ones

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

MrQwerty posted:

lmao you absolutely cannot get alcohol delivered to you here because New Mexico has... issues with alcohol

I've never heard a good thing about New Mexico besides the sunsets, and we get those same sunsets in the San Luis Valley anyhow, so I just never go south of the CO/NM border.

Roswell fest has me curious, though. Seems like some powerful people watching you can do there.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

ive enjoyed driving across new mexico and playing gigs there because its beautiful and there is some amazing food and in some of the towns i really like the vibe. not sure if id want to live there, but it definitely seems a lot nicer than the states that surround it, especially az and tx. roswell is a weird and sad town, tho i went there when there wasnt any kind of festival or anything else going on, its kind of a desolate place but the whole town is still set up as though they expect thousands of people to show up and buy cheap plastic alien themed garbage at any moment

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I've never heard a good thing about New Mexico besides the sunsets, and we get those same sunsets in the San Luis Valley anyhow, so I just never go south of the CO/NM border.

Roswell fest has me curious, though. Seems like some powerful people watching you can do there.

lmao Roswell sucks poo poo, the people watching is not worth it for the human and fuel cost of getting there. idk I like NM more than CO but I grew up here, I hate extreme cold weather and snow/ice; and I like how food tastes, so I could never live in CO.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

colorado is full of some of the most "aggressively normal" people ive ever encountered. i dont know how else to describe it, but i dont like it

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002

WampaLord posted:

lol with how the phrase "gently caress" works on these forums i had to do a double take to make sure you weren't saying to gently caress the Dynavap

it's probably one of my best posts tbh, i'm pretty happy with it

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Earwicker posted:

colorado is full of some of the most "aggressively normal" people ive ever encountered. i dont know how else to describe it, but i dont like it

I like it. We keep each other in check. Usually.

Some of the weirdest people (short of mormons) I've ever met live in Colorado. Not even in the Valley.

We also get high scores for road rage.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."

ReelBigLizard posted:

evil witch is trapped underneath so this is staying.

Let me out!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Is Sam Raimi nearby?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Code Jockey posted:

it's loving ridiculous that weed of all things causes such friction

Grown ups still treat it as a schedule I substance. Wait, I'm a grown up, what the fu

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Furious George posted:

it's probably one of my best posts tbh, i'm pretty happy with it

*Dynavap undresses slowly in the mirror*

"Would you gently caress me? I'd gently caress me hard."

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

WampaLord posted:

*Dynavap undresses slowly in the mirror*

"Would you gently caress me? I'd gently caress me hard."

so, is this a stainless screen night...

or titanium

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

my vaporizer was turned into a meme by idiots

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Earwicker posted:

Dude. Agreed. One million percent. It's really loving with me

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

MrQwerty posted:

I like how food tastes, so I could never live in CO.

My friend Denver has stupidly good food, seriously everything here is good. I dunno if that's a recent thing because I never heard anyone say it but for real, I get lunch from a different place almost every day and so far everything has been amazing

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Earwicker posted:

ive enjoyed driving across new mexico and playing gigs there because its beautiful and there is some amazing food and in some of the towns i really like the vibe. not sure if id want to live there, but it definitely seems a lot nicer than the states that surround it, especially az and tx.

:agreed: I just moved here and as you said the vibes are really nice and chill.

Also it's so quiet. Desert = no lawns = no lawnmowing. I can hear birds in the morning instead of the whine of gas powered engines.

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

MrQwerty posted:

the factory I work at lays off my entire department except me and the 1st shift lead on on 24th of February, and then I get laid off on March 17. I have a job lined up pretty much immediately, and while weed is legal here, there are no legal protections at all so I am not willing to go pay money for a med card and present it in the hiring process. I know my buddy who is getting me the job and is #3 in line in the plant has a med card and they know about it, but he also told them he got it after his 10th anniversary. Better to take 0 chances than all of them, I will get a med card, but they aren't going to know about it until they start giving me benefits.

Booooooo gently caress the law. The law is an rear end in a top hat. So are employers.

Goondolences but also congrats on the job and the massive T break.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

precision posted:

My friend Denver has stupidly good food, seriously everything here is good. I dunno if that's a recent thing because I never heard anyone say it but for real, I get lunch from a different place almost every day and so far everything has been amazing

The food is something I miss about living up there. The Springs has the most geriatric restaurant options ever, like no I don't want Village Inn I want my food to have salt and spices on it

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Sometimes I go to boring restaurants so I don't have to take twenty minutes to pick

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Macichne Leainig posted:

The food is something I miss about living up there. The Springs has the most geriatric restaurant options ever, like no I don't want Village Inn I want my food to have salt and spices on it

Frank's off Powers (just north of sPlatte) makes a pretty good reuben. It's a boomer bar, but they make a good sandwich.

i miss Blackjack Pizza. They don't have a store in Alamosa. E: it's not great but it's better than the standard chains.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jan 11, 2023

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

the best food ive had in colorado was a nepalese restaurant in boulder. the food was extremely good, the waiter extremely out of it and spent ten minutes doing long division problems on his notepad while dealing with the bill, in addition to good food they also sold knit sweaters and hats, i bought one of the hats and 6 years later it still smells like curry. would recommend

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Slice Works is literally the best New York style pizza I've ever had, and it's pretty cheap too

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
for those that live in states that allow you to grow a few plants (like DC and VA) but don't allow non-medical retail, how the hell do you get seeds?

have had no contact at all here for a decade but thought growing might be the easiest way.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
5 bucks a slice....oof.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
question for people that use the starship or similar vapes, what the hell is a wax coil? can i drop sugar/concentrates into it? im confused

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If it's for wax, yes. Shatter, wax, budder, terp sugar, etc.

I have a Yocan Evolve and that's it's only purpose.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

precision posted:

Slice Works is literally the best New York style pizza I've ever had, and it's pretty cheap too

Didn't there used to be one off like... 18th and Market or so? Whatever pizza place is there used to be my go to back when I was a bar-hittin Denverite

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
We just got a Sbarro (in a gas station) down here in the Valley.

No loving clue why someone brought mall food to a place with no malls.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

We just got a Sbarro (in a gas station) down here in the Valley.

No loving clue why someone brought mall food to a place with no malls.

because weed is legal there, silly.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Vampire Panties posted:

I wonder if Panda Express offers a credit card

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

LifeSunDeath posted:

5 bucks a slice....oof.

Bro you can't even get a bowl of Ramen for less than 13 bucks anymore. Food has gotten expensive

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

precision posted:

Bro you can't even get a bowl of Ramen for less than 13 bucks anymore. Food has gotten expensive

I stopped eating out when covid started and I never bothered to start again. It's not worth to me anymore.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Vampire Panties posted:

Domino's > Sbarro

Blackjack > Domino's

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

dominos in the 90s was legit af, also they had these hot sub sandwiches that were incredible.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Compared to pizza (heartburn) hut or papa (I won't raise prices 10¢ to pay for my employee's health insurance) johns bland poo poo, domino's is king of the hill for the big chains.

It's no Mellow Mushroom, though. God drat I miss Mellow Mushroom pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

There's a guy called Ray Ray that brings us over priced pizza. I forgot what place he works at, he's in my phone as "Ray Ray".