Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
What Koshimizu lacks in physical prowess he makes up for in moral fiber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

He gets so in trouble that Kiryu is instinctually drawn there to resolve any issues. (Via punching.) It's perfect security.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 69 - You Only Have One Health Bar

Why did it have to be episode 69

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
This lp fucks. I'm catching up.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

An alarming amount of "This human trafficker's not so bad" in these past couple of episodes...

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Wiseblood posted:

An alarming amount of "This human trafficker's not so bad" in these past couple of episodes...

Kiryu might be a nice guy but he's still part of the Yakuza who themselves deal in human trafficking irl, amongst other things.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 70 - Return Of The Furniture Tornado

We might want to keep an eye on this Shinji guy

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah, it's not like Shinji is in Yakuza 1 or anything, he's just some guy.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 71 - I Hit You With Your Own Bodyguard

At least THIS wasn't episode 69

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
The whole "man in dress"-cliche was such a staple of transphobic jokes from the 80s on that it doesn't particularly matter if the Pleasure King is trans or not, it's just an awful, unfunny joke that should've been consigned to the dustbin of history long ago.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Just Winging It posted:

The whole "man in dress"-cliche was such a staple of transphobic jokes from the 80s on that it doesn't particularly matter if the Pleasure King is trans or not, it's just an awful, unfunny joke that should've been consigned to the dustbin of history long ago.

There's a subquest in Yakuza 1 that has the same premise, Kiwami tried to clean it up but its still there.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 73 - Fast Like A Panda

Too fast TOO FAST

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Looks like you forgot to post part 72.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:cripes: Whoops, set it to public and forgot to actually post it here. :siren:Here's episode 72:siren:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 74 - Wasn't The Right Button

Even Grace can't resist the lure of Pocket Circuit

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I'm still working my way through, like, Episode 2 or 3, but just know I'm rooting for y'all.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
The trick is to boost in the green lane to go through the loop super fast.
Also Dan is right. The godspeed motor is just way to speedy for this race.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 75 - The Spiciest Choice

:whitewater:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I don't mind the cat fighting minigame much, I mostly found it funny than anything else.

Besides you have the version in Kiwami to look forward to.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

:negative: Why did you have to remind me of that one.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Post a picture of you in kiryu cosplay. Live your brawler truth

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 76 - Endurance Race

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Surprising amount of drama in this game about Pocket Circuit.

I do wish in games where you had an easy infinite money hose like Kiryu does here, you could do something with it to help with money problems others are having. I get why you don't just Press X to Solve Problem With Money because it would turn so many sidequests into that, but also let Side-Content-Kiryu be something more than a weird money hoarder who occasionally grinds up and snorts yen like cocaine.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

disposablewords posted:

I do wish in games where you had an easy infinite money hose like Kiryu does here, you could do something with it to help with money problems others are having. I get why you don't just Press X to Solve Problem With Money because it would turn so many sidequests into that, but also let Side-Content-Kiryu be something more than a weird money hoarder who occasionally grinds up and snorts yen like cocaine.

It's just something you learn to accept across all games, like over in GTA you can have infinite money but the main story acts like you are broke.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
We could give him money, but Marina would make us take it out of the butthole fund, and that means less money going up our butthole. Sorry man nothing I can do :shrug:

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Judge Tesla posted:

It's just something you learn to accept across all games, like over in GTA you can have infinite money but the main story acts like you are broke.

I don't think it'll ever stop bothering me, unfortunately. Party member starts complaining about money issues in a Persona game and I want to scream at the monitor that we have plenty of yen that they helped earn, please take your share.

Danaru posted:

We could give him money, but Marina would make us take it out of the butthole fund, and that means less money going up our butthole. Sorry man nothing I can do :shrug:

No, Marina, look, we bought Pocket Circuit as an investment, just like the pachinko parlors, convenience stores, and ramen shops.

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 77 - That's My Cue

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Man, Dan's probation history is weird.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Has the People's Champion been silenced again?

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Putting things in a TMNT template that don't work with the TMNT theme is an abomination and he deserved every second of that probe.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
It scanned fine the syllables were 2-2-2-2 :mad:

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 78 - Better Not Be The Ring

I had to watch three tapes at Gandhara to trigger this substory, so you're welcome for doing it off screen

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

All that and no Pocket Circuit...

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Giving Video Boy a job when he kept you from Pocket Circuit and is a colossal stalker creep instead of a loving restraining order is uhhh... not good.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Just Winging It posted:

Giving Video Boy a job when he kept you from Pocket Circuit and is a colossal stalker creep instead of a loving restraining order is uhhh... not good.

Oh as the series progresses you'll see worse, trust me.

and Kiryu doesn't follow the ACAB mindset either, keep that in mind as well.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 79 - Through The Loop

POCKET CIRCUIT

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 80 - That's Why He's Pocket Circuit Fighter

POCKET CIRCUIT

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Gotta be honest, I never finished the Pocket Circuit storyline, it just wasn't exciting enough for me.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

But... but... Pocket Circuit!

Okay I admit I was using a build guide by the end. Y0 is largely very good, but there's so much of it and my patience with the game was running out.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 81 - That Was My Bit

We wound up using a guide too, I personally would have been fine with adjusting stuff forever but I imagine that would get old by episode 140 :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

disposablewords posted:

But... but... Pocket Circuit!

Okay I admit I was using a build guide by the end. Y0 is largely very good, but there's so much of it and my patience with the game was running out.

Thing is, Pocket Circuit is more of a puzzle to be solved than an actual racing minigame, you are required to have the perfect build to win the last few races and anything less will have you eating poo poo until you do.