Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

big cummers ONLY posted:

I think it would be a huge help if there was a line in a gun's tooltip that told you "here's what differentiates this mark." Just something that says "this one is slow but higher damage", "this one trades damage for ammo efficiency", etc. And they need to pick either Mk numbers or variant names, not both. There don't need to be 3 different kinds of auto rifle with three different Mks each. I don't even know if there ARE three different autorifles with three Mks each because after 140 hours of play, my brain still gets scrambled by all the layers of abstracted variation. I have no idea how many guns there are!

Ironically, in the old weapon inspect screen, weapons had like a little blurb that would say things like this. eg "slower but harder hitting version of the Mk whatever". When they added all the fancy stats, that blurb got removed

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jan 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Not sure if it applies to all the guns, but the way to differentiate the type is the color of the texture: Blue is high ROF and low DMG, green is balanced, brown is low ROF and high DMG. Yes, it's dumb.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
Braced auto FTW

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Baby T. Love posted:

You ought to check the damage against the Mk II when you get the chance. Actually I have nothing to do right now:

Mk II (8.89 Rate of Fire):

Mk V (8.89 Rate of Fire):

Mk VI (10.00 Rate of Fire):

Hard to argue for anything but the Mk II if you need to pull the weight of killing for your team. It's downsides to me are:
-VERY high recoil on primary fire (it's hard to shoot more than 2 bursts without your reticle jumping into the top of your screen).
-Fairly low rate of fire on secondary fire. Upside here is it only fires a 2-shot burst unlike the 3-shot burst of the other Rippers, and they come out slow enough to consistently shoot 2 different targets in the burst.

I would say the strength of the Mk VI is using it as a CC weapon to make space for your team when you're being swarmed by Maulers/Ragers on higher difficulties. The Mk II can do that too but you, but less flexibly, since the Mk VI's primary fire recoil is so much more manageable. Please don't let the humorous irony of Ogryn weapon choice analysis escape you!

The secret sauce in the comparison between the Mk II and the Mk V is the range stats, the Mk V keeps a lot more damage at range than the Mk II does so they handle pretty similar past close range despite the raw number differences since the Mk V has the tighter initial grouping

The raw stats don't really reflect the difference in burst ROF well - the Mk V has a higher ROF on the actual burst which is better for quick snaps from the hip

The Mk II does have a way more sustainable alt fire which is nice and mulches maniacs when alt firing; I just wish it had a tighter hip fire

The Mk VI is super nice for popping single shooters at a time with the double tap and overall ammo efficiency, the lower ROF on the burst and the lack of full auto gets really noticeable

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I can't trust anyone who says the Accatran is better than the Kantrael. The heresy is coming from inside the thread.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The Agripaana (sp? not looking it up) auto gun is really good braced it has huge damage (160 per) and still has big ammo. It does 100 more damage per shot than my columnus braced autogun.

Highly recommend.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Jerkface posted:

The Agripaana (sp? not looking it up) auto gun is really good braced it has huge damage (160 per) and still has big ammo. It does 100 more damage per shot than my columnus braced autogun.

Highly recommend.

This is also my auto of choice (the brown one)
It hits whatever the breakpoint is of 'one shot any non elite' which is all i ask for.

No it's not the most accurate but it hits so hard I just don't care.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Zephro posted:

Thanks, that's really helpful.

Don't sleep on playing chaos waste with randos. Community is pretty chill, and nobody uses voicechat. 99% of coms is using the tag button situationally.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Internet Explorer posted:

I can't trust anyone who says the Accatran is better than the Kantrael. The heresy is coming from inside the thread.

With my one i literally turn my brain off an sweep across enemy hordes at head height, they're all dead.

It's a good gun and i don't have to keep clicking.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Deptfordx posted:

Don't sleep on playing chaos waste with randos. Community is pretty chill, and nobody uses voicechat. 99% of coms is using the tag button situationally.
I might give that a go. I sometimes have to take long breaks between the maps though, which I expect would annoy human players.

Also: that feeling when you get to the last map of a smooth run with a really good build (fire sword / beam staff BW with Famished + lingering + health regen on dot damage + bunch of other stuff) then die cos a Chaos Spawn punts you into space :v:

Zephro fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jan 11, 2023

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon
I think the Emperor drops better gifts on higher difficulties

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Does deathspitter stack?

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Jerkface posted:

Highly recommend.

Yeah it's beastly on a zealot. You don't even need blessings for it to be good, high base damage and ammo are enough.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Internet Explorer posted:

You just wait until I roll a perfect statted, infernus 4, headhunting 4, Mk 6b!

Then it will be comparable to a random nice mg 12. Maybe.

:smith:

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Waiting for dataminers to reveal that all ranged weapon blessings are bugged and haven't worked since launch.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Typical Pubbie posted:

Waiting for dataminers to reveal that all ranged weapon blessings are bugged and haven't worked since launch.

Infernus works for sure. Thank the Emperor.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Legit Businessman posted:

Infernus works for sure. Thank the Emperor.

Does it? Or are you experiencing an extreme form of the placebo effect?

Typical Pubbie fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jan 11, 2023

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Infernus definitely works and so does the Heavy Stubber's reload ammo on crit (blessed reload?)

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Typical Pubbie posted:

Does it? Or are you experiencing an extreme form of the placebo effect?

My beloved tells me what is real! I'm I the dreamer or the dream? My beloved knows!

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Angry_Ed posted:

Infernus definitely works and so does the Heavy Stubber's reload ammo on crit (blessed reload?)

What else is Tzeentch telling you?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Typical Pubbie posted:

Does deathspitter stack?

It doesn't. Fire Frenzy on autoguns does though, to a max stack of 5.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I love my 380 stubber but I have recently started using a rumbler with the sticky grenade blessing and folks… it’s good as hell

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

using a rumbler on my stubber provides a sticky grenade blessing, too

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I love my 380 stubber but I have recently started using a rumbler with the sticky grenade blessing and folks… it’s good as hell

I dunno I'm kinda underwhelmed by the Rumbler. It's fun but I feel way less effective majority of the time. The sticky grenade blessing is hilarious though.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Cowcaster posted:

yessir

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

Tested and confirmed.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

apparently you can crit on misses. I was able to fire the stubber full on into a wall for like 300 rounds with the reload perk.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Jerkface posted:

apparently you can crit on misses. I was able to fire the stubber full on into a wall for like 300 rounds with the reload perk.

I guess that means they calculate the chance of critting when the gun is fired, not upon hit reg.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I mean yeah you can tell on melee misses when it would've been a crit

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

I guess that means they calculate the chance of critting when the gun is fired, not upon hit reg.
This is how it works on melee, so wouldn't be surprising if it worked the same way on ranged.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Zephro posted:

This is how it works on melee, so wouldn't be surprising if it worked the same way on ranged.

is that the orange trail I see from my sword swings from time to time?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

is that the orange trail I see from my sword swings from time to time?

Yes. Crits also ignore a portion of armor.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
just remembered that flash missions were supposed to be a thing

how is it still "oops all dogs" mode lmao

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it's because there hasn't been a single update to the game since before the holidays, op

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Zephro posted:

You can tell when a gun crits based on the size of the muzzle flash

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

When I hear a hound I try my best to get between some cover like some barrels or a chest high wall or just the corner of a doorway, dogs will have some extra trouble getting around those before pouncing which might give you the time you need to kill them or scare them away.
Yeah I generally try to get myself in a position where the doggo has to navigate around a terrain obstacle and start swinging, I find I'm more likely to connect with a head and either stagger it out of it's charge or just kill it outright.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

VT2 launch was mostly code based errors but DT launch feels like the devs just don't give a poo poo and gave up half way through development. The redundant weapons and traits with all the half assed feats feel so weird next to the fully fleshed out level and sound design, it's clear there were different teams and they were likely not communicating because some teams were way more motivated than others. Dedicated servers with no ping indication and absolutely horrible hit reg in a shooting based game is insane, heres a class that mostly shoots but you have to wait until the target stops moving because you have no idea where the hit box is even though on your screen all visual indications show you nailing the target repeatedly.

What was the plan on launch day? Oh gently caress hopefully no gets to 30 and realizes that there really isn't any reason to keep playing our game? Maybe the half rear end broken penances for mediocre cosmetics will keep people playing even though we clearly put far more effort into the paid cosmetics? The paid cosmetics clipping and doing weird poo poo to character models is also insane, of course you out sourced all the work and didn't think to test it but throw it up for sale--we'll fix it later if we don't fold, maybe. Oh hey we didn't really finish how the levels work so heres a continuation of open beta where we only gave 1 modifier at a time but seeing as it just gives you credits which currently have no use at all it doesn't really matter does it?

The bots being an after thought in a game thats rapidly losing player count is also absolutely insane. Wanna keep playing even though everyone else isn't? well get hosed because we refuse to give you functional bots.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Kaysette posted:

just remembered that flash missions were supposed to be a thing

how is it still "oops all dogs" mode lmao

You see, the update that added 3 conditions (one of which already existed, and one of which didn't actually get added, and the new one uses the jankiest enemy) actually broke the condition rotation too.

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010
Last time I checked player counts DT was out of the top 100 and was behind Risk of Rain 2, DRG, payday 2 and massively behind l4d2. Probably not a great sign when people prefer a game that's 15 years old or w/e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
It’s a tremendous wasted opportunity / self own in my opinion.