Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

euphronius posted:

do all the the things you did on meth but without meth.

sobriety is convincing yourself day after day that this is fun and worth keeping up despite the mountains of contradictory evidence you have to ignore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Zvahl posted:

sobriety is convincing yourself day after day that this is fun and worth keeping up despite the mountains of contradictory evidence you have to ignore

yeah work sucks

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Zvahl posted:

i gained like 70 pounds after quitting and can't get it off and probably never will, i miss the diet part of it tbh

Lmao same, though not meth but another real bad for you illegal stimulant. I was a twink in college dammit :argh:

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
guess there’s a shortage of pngs now too, I haven’t seen one in pages

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...

Cerepol posted:

isnt that just a medium-boiled egg

Well... I guess so, but do people purposely make and consume eggs with firm chalky yolks? I guess it wouldn't matter for egg salad or deviled eggs.

Paladinus posted:

Sort yourself out, mate.

Thank you kindly for your sincere concern but I reckon I'm doing fine with protein, fats, carbs, and all those minerals and vitamins or w/e (especially vitamin B!)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Centrist Committee posted:

guess there’s a shortage of pngs now too, I haven’t seen one in pages

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

I'm the hero you deserve

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

many people are saying it

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I wanted that dorner movie to be true

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Whoever made this meme doesn't understand capitalism though, we're way beyond version one with local/regional factories and onto the version with real estate equity and currency speculation on a global scale.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

BonHair posted:

Whoever made this meme doesn't understand capitalism though, we're way beyond version one with local/regional factories and onto the version with real estate equity and currency speculation on a global scale.

We're burning down rainforests to make .jpgs to sell to people.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

BonHair posted:

it’s a video game called capitalism 2 you don’t need to read into it. trying to get back on track.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

You... prepare the "cups" in advance somehow? Why?

My prep bowls need jobs or they don't get healthcare.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Everything should be measured exclusively in grams

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

Ah, the Cocaine Scale

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

Pretty sure this is how people lose arms and order grand pianos without remembering.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
I always prep everything beforehand too and have them in little bowls. Makes me feel like a TV chef!

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

Cookbooks are nice because it's a direct resource for looking up what you want to cook without the bullshit of navigating the internet

Books in general are nice since the death of reliable SEO

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

AxGrap posted:

I always prep everything beforehand too and have them in little bowls. Makes me feel like a TV chef!

There's a fancy word for this I always forget, but you're doing it right!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Pretty sure this is how people lose arms and order grand pianos without remembering.

I can be merciful and permit mg

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
if everything is in grams it's already in kilograms and milligrams and any other version of grams you want

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

mise en place

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
We use kilo pounds ITT

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

However all temperatures should be in Rankine to maximize the number of people the change makes angry

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Let's make the standard distance the French yard? Ok.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Let's make the standard distance the French yard? Ok.

parsecs and light seconds are right there if you want to have fun with the exercise

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Get your arcseconds out of here

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I can only speak for myself but when I first started cooking I would get out exactly what a recipe called for and just that and it took me learning a few dishes and getting comfortable with them to realize that I'm probably not going to ruin a dish because I was taking 2 seconds to measure out more of something

certain dishes i absolutely portion everything out (like if i'm making caramel or something) just because it helps with my anxiety but for virtually any meal i make, i get all of the ingredients out and put them on the counter first.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

I can be merciful and permit mg

The Joose requires precision down to the microgram. Or you can just eyeball it (which means dosing some amount directly into your eyeballs).

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

certain dishes i absolutely portion everything out (like if i'm making caramel or something) just because it helps with my anxiety but for virtually any meal i make, i get all of the ingredients out and put them on the counter first.

i just hate being in the middle of actively cooking something and whoops now i gotta chop another onion or dig the measuring spoons out of the bottom of the sink and wash them and measure out some more poo poo

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Zvahl posted:

parsecs and light seconds are right there if you want to have fun with the exercise

they come in handy when measuring urmom

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

BonHair posted:

Capitalism Lab (Cap 2 with improvement from developer) does have real estate as a business line and there's a banking DLC :eng101:

I don't play it as much because it still has 2002 UI and data presentation, aka crap. This is a spreadsheet game if there ever was one, where the gently caress are my spreadsheets? I would pay for a DLC with an Excel plugin, PowerBI interface, or even a drat ODBC. Gimme da chartz.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

TIL some people love washing dishes and just use as many as possible.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Facebook Aunt posted:

TIL some people love washing dishes and just use as many as possible.

I’m gonna run the dishwasher anyway it might as well be full

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Weatherman posted:

they come in handy when measuring urmom

ah, yes, the elusive, delectable taste of ... urmomi

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

https://www.theonion.com/metric-system-thriving-in-nations-inner-cities-1819565900

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Has anyone ever noticed how news stories about a certain industry always rely on quotes by an "industry spokesman" or "local business owner" and never someone who works for a fuckin living??

Like just ask the workers you assholes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Just eat food raw