Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

only listened to half of it and they don’t mention which european country specifically , but i assume it’s one of the baltics causing trouble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

euphronius posted:

the cost to repair a clutch in an automatic car is $0

owned

Modern automatics are sometimes computer controlled manual transmissions. Sometimes with two clutches, even.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

that was obviously meant for some other thread where some one was saying standard was superior becuase it doesn’t cost mutch to repair a clutch.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
how much to repair you're posting

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Lostconfused posted:

Stuff keeps being set on fire or blowing up in Russia.

Is it some outside malevolent force or just corruption and neglect like every time something burns down, blows up, or collapses in America?

Who knows :shrug:

seems irresponsible to push a theory that there are government sponsored terror cells, as that could greatly escalate tensions

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

just more escalation between nuclear superpowers, nothing to see here, move along citizen

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Jel Shaker posted:

only listened to half of it and they don’t mention which european country specifically , but i assume it’s one of the baltics causing trouble

im guessing it was the polacks

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Lostconfused posted:

Stuff keeps being set on fire or blowing up in Russia.

Is it some outside malevolent force or just corruption and neglect like every time something burns down, blows up, or collapses in America?

Who knows :shrug:

Ummm pretty sure it is Russian interference every time it happens in America, bud.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Corky Romanovsky posted:

seems irresponsible to push a theory that there are government sponsored terror cells, as that could greatly escalate tensions

(Waving hands frantically)
Nothing to see here, move along.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Jel Shaker posted:

don't think they would have the resources. i'm guessing poland or uk

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

V. Illych L. posted:

don't think they would have the resources. i'm guessing poland or uk

Lord Lebedev of Siberia is about to announce his claim to the throne of Russia.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Russia has appointed Shoigu as the new overall commander of ops regarding Ukraine.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-appoints-gerasimov-top-commander-ukraine-2023-01-11/

yunichel
Apr 27, 2010

mlmp08 posted:

Russia has appointed Shoigu as the new overall commander of ops regarding Ukraine.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-appoints-gerasimov-top-commander-ukraine-2023-01-11/

Wait... Shoigu??

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Shoji Tabuchi???

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

shinji

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Shinji, command the special military operation or Surovikin will have to do it again

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

those things are tasty

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

yunichel posted:

Wait... Shoigu??

My mistake. Gerasimov, I copied the wrong name over. Shoigu appointed Gerasimov as the commander of the SMO. Surovkin will now be the deputy instead of commander.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Tankbuster posted:

Al-Saqr Doomerism: charming, funny, makes you feel things
mlmp08 arguing: charmless, unfunny, makes your eyes glaze over.

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010
Latest NATO aid package in action over Kiev
https://twitter.com/thomas_comrade/status/1612654988312064002?s=20
slava ukraini

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Lol I had an errant bottle rocket go into a neighbors garage once

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

gradenko_2000 posted:

Wow who could have predicted that it's going to be cold in January

it was 68 F here in tn today

we used to have winters...😥

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

euphronius posted:

the cost to repair a clutch in an automatic car is $0

owned

mlmpishly: well actually, my automatic 1997 R50 pathfinder has a clutch in the transfer case.

Endman
May 18, 2010

We're gonna need some pretty clutch posting to get out of this slump

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Weka posted:

mlmpishly: well actually, my automatic 1997 R50 pathfinder has a clutch in the transfer case.

I don’t own an automatic. I like manuals, though that will become a problem at some point in the future as they fade away.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Al-Saqr posted:

من ادامه میدهم! به ریش پیغمبر سوگند، من این شرط را می گذارم. شرطی که با سم مهر و موم شده است. :

اگر روسیه منطقه‌ای را که در این حمله از دست داده بود، پس بگیرد و موفق شود هر حمله بزرگی را فراتر از حدی که دو هفته پیش داشت (مثلاً گرفتن باخموت یا رسیدن به اسلویانسک/کراماتورسک) انجام دهد، می‌خواهم عنوان بحث را به «ال» تغییر دهم. -صقر خوک کوچولوی پوتین است! برای یک ماه، وگرنه ممکن است دروغگو و ناپاک باشم! این را بر پیامبر (ص) و عزت خود می‌بندم. همه مؤمنانی که از حزب علی هستند شاهد این بیعت هستند.

:toxx:

Al-Saqr posted:

به نظر می رسد که ارتش قدرتمند روسیه توانست شهر سولدار را تصرف کند. شما مؤمنان این خبر را می شنوید و می دانید ترسی که در دل اوکراینی ها ایجاد می کند. باید دید که آیا این به ارتش روسیه در دونتسک کمک می کند یا خیر. علی و پیامبر (ص) با آنها سوار می شوند! باشد که همه از پرچم روس ها به جلو.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/OlgaNYC1211/status/1613335162061733891?cxt=HHwWhoCy5Yby2-MsAAAA

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

maybe they should give those citizens some kind of outfit to wear with a symbol, maybe an double headed eagle?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Russian environmental group Movement 42, based in Russia’s Arctic Arkhangelsk region, announced that it was ceasing its activities on Wednesday just one month after being designated a “foreign agent” by the Russian authorities.

“We consulted with lawyers and realized that it’s a big risk for us to continue to exist as an association”, the group said in a Telegram statement.

Movement 42 was founded in 2018 following the closure of its predecessor, Athos, an environmental group that worked in the region for 17 years before being forced to cease its activities in similar circumstances.

In the case of Athos, the authorities were apparently motivated to label the organization a foreign agent due to its work with the Norwegian environmental organization Natur og Undom.

Since its creation almost five years ago, Movement 42 had “repeatedly encountered attempts to discredit the association itself and its members,” the group said, culminating in its inclusion on the list of organizations deemed to be foreign agents by the Kremlin on Dec. 9.

The organization publicly stated their disagreement with the decision at the time, saying that they could be accused of nothing more than being “agents of nature.”

The group said that their inclusion on the register was likely linked to their calls on locals in the Arkhangelsk region to take part in public discussions about the proposed construction of a huge waste sorting complex in the region.

The closure of Movement 42 is the second serious loss for Russia’s environmental movement in the past month. In December Sakhalin Environment Watch (SEW), a veteran environmental watchdog in the Russian Far East, announced its closure after being labeled a foreign agent itself.

The law on foreign agents came into force in Russia in 2012 and originally targeted organizations that received funding from abroad. The legislation has undergone several amendments since then, most recently in December, when new rules were introduced allowing the authorities to assign the foreign agent label to any group or individual deemed to have fallen under “foreign influence” irrespective of whether they receive funding from outside Russia.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

wasnt russia handing out tons of russian passports for their annexed territories? seems like a bad idea by ukraine if hypothetically the intent is to reincorporate the people
https://twitter.com/AniaKoniec/status/1563626565019508737

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

comedyblissoption posted:

wasnt russia handing out tons of russian passports for their annexed territories? seems like a bad idea by ukraine if hypothetically the intent is to reincorporate the people

This is why we put who we put in charge in 2014.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

this is for the ukranian* people

*subject to revocation at any time

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

This is why we put who we put in charge in 2014.

Oh come on not like he said he wanted to be like a country with a large second class citizenry living under violent armed occupation

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

punitive actions against minority groups are (I suddenly realize we’re talking about Ukraine) good! extremely good, and necessary.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
https://twitter.com/leonidragozin/status/1612210750847606785?s=20&t=3GHFktSkvY4YkFu38PZxPA

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Yeah, Russian Army service dress hasn't looked like that in 30 years. The "Inside the Russian Army" book that's the most recent (according to mlmp) "Not" NATO pamphlet has a section on women and says that Russian culture has a different attitude towards women in the workplace, so they wear heels, earrings and makeup more than their counterparts here, but otherwise nothing much about it.

Endman
May 18, 2010

I'm pretty sure that's just cosplay and the original tweeter is a freak for focusing on the "ethnic minorities" bit

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Russia is decades behind as always https://twitter.com/alexnpress/status/1613343035550584834

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Gen Z Jody is going to clean up.