Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

the_american_dream posted:

Hell yea hahaha did you win?

Yes, I even snapped my opponent back.

Unrelated, in another game I got a weird interaction where it was the final turn and no one could play any cards in any of the lanes (mix of Prof X and location effects). I was already in a losing state so I wanted to retreat but only the End Turn button was active. The retreat button was sort of transparent and I got no response from tapping it. We had both snapped. Felt bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

cgeq posted:

The retreat button was sort of transparent and I got no response from tapping it. We had both snapped. Felt bad.

You can't retreat on the same turn as you snap, unless the opponent snaps back after you.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Kaddish posted:

One of the issues with this deck is that it's painfully obvious what you're trying to do relatively early but I guess that doesn't matter a lot of the time. Also, it's a little boring to play.

You're 100% right with the former point, but yeah, a lot of the time it doesn't matter. The early gameplan of just dropping Cosmo/Armor in some lanes along with other decent ongoing cards means it's not really consistently ahead or behind, so you can't be guaranteed to snipe it T6 with an Enchantress on the Armor lane. And obviously Enchantress or Shang Chi won't do poo poo if they're playing their Destroyer into a Cosmo lane. I don't think it's OP by any means and if your opponent sees it coming you aren't going to sweep them for cubes, but it's a pretty consistent means of climbing one or two cubes at a time. Also agree that it's boring as hell to play.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I’m at the loss thinking what kind of deck Sauron works in. Maybe I’m missing something ?

3/3 reveal: remove the abilities of all ongoing cards in your hand and deck

Is there a card that makes your opponent play cards you give them apart from widow?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

the_american_dream posted:

I’m at the loss thinking what kind of deck Sauron works in. Maybe I’m missing something ?

3/3 reveal: remove the abilities of all ongoing cards in your hand and deck

Is there a card that makes your opponent play cards you give them apart from widow?

Don’t have the answer to your question.

Red Skull, Ebony Maw, Typhoid Mary, Destroyer, Lizard come to mind as synergy cards.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's pretty easy money with bad Ongoing effect cards like Red Skull and Typhoid Mary and Ebony Maw. It also has an advantage over Zero because it removes abilities before you play them, so you could for example play Ebony Maw on turn 4+.

JackDarko posted:

Don’t have the answer to your question.

Red Skull, Ebony Maw, Typhoid Mary, Destroyer, Lizard come to mind as synergy cards.

Oh yeah Lizard is another good one. But keep in mind Destroyer is not an Ongoing card so this one won't affect it.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

goferchan posted:

It also has an advantage over Zero because it removes abilities before you play them, so you could for example play Ebony Maw on turn 4+.

You know, I don't think you can. Ebony Maw's text is,

"You can’t play this after turn 3. Ongoing: You can’t play cards here."

Even with Sauron, he's a dead card after Turn 3.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's hand and deck not the cards you played, so I guess if you have Patriot down you could get some big plays in turns 5 and 6,but that's really specific

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
My thought was patriot decks and removing bad ongoing as mentioned.

I still don’t have patriot :sad:

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Patriot buffs cards if they get Enchantressed?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

wyoak posted:

I don’t think so no, but she prevents/stops them from firing, doesn’t remove them. Phone posting and lazy so someone feel free to correct me

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

wyoak posted:

Or Rogue’d yes. Or Zero’d.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I had a look through the cards and these benefit from having their ongoing removed:

- Lizard
- Electro
- Red Skull
- Typhoid Mary

Ebony Maw too, but getting him out after Sauron and before turn 3 might be problematic.

That's it I think. Doesn't seem very strong but who knows.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

uXs posted:

I had a look through the cards and these benefit from having their ongoing removed:

- Lizard
- Electro
- Red Skull
- Typhoid Mary

Ebony Maw too, but getting him out after Sauron and before turn 3 might be problematic.

I mean it’s sort of like zero in that it’s a little package you put into the deck, not build around it.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

wyoak posted:

If they only had an ongoing, then yes.

Washington D.C. is the same, if you have a bunch of ongoing cards there and your opponent enchants them, the results may not be to their liking.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Skippy McPants posted:

If I'm reading Sauron correctly and it's consistent, it doesn't remove Ongoing abilities from cards, it removes all abilities from Ongoing cards.

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

Skippy McPants posted:

Sauron doesn't remove Ongoings, he removes all of the abilities of cards that have Ongoings. So Electro is just a 3/2 after Sauron, for example, and Ebony Maw is fine to play out the same as if he was Leeched.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I just played against someone who let the clock time out every single round. gently caress you, Shu. And your stupid last second Omega Red victory.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

uXs posted:

- Lizard
- Electro
- Red Skull
- Typhoid Mary

Add in Taskmaster, Venom, Arnim Zola, Knull to go full big boi?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Quackles posted:

Add in Taskmaster, Venom, Arnim Zola, Knull to go full big boi?

Knull is Ongoing as well so I probably wouldn't include him

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

New Leaf posted:

I just played against someone who let the clock time out every single round. gently caress you, Shu. And your stupid last second Omega Red victory.

I've been guilty of this a few times, but never for more than a round. My steam version doesn't always register when I click End Turn the first time and I don't notice because I've tabbed out to do something else.

Regarding my hate of Darkhawk, I've only lost to the card/seen it twice. I did get gifted him one game via Agent 13, but my opponent was playing a discard deck so he wasn't very useful. For some reason it just annoys me more than if someone drops a Zola on Death/Wu shenanigans or even if a Lockjaw deck does its thing.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Sometimes I want to snap after my opponent locks in their move and it is bad that this is something that rewards annoying gamesmanship

BUT

If one of the titles was "annoying gamesman" I would use it

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
MODOK looks really narrow in playability compared to the last few seasonal cards. He'll basically only be good in the Dracula/Morb/Apoc list. Anything I'm missing? He'd be great if there were any synergy for Hela, who desperately needs something to help her be more consistent.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

MODOK looks really narrow in playability compared to the last few seasonal cards. He'll basically only be good in the Dracula/Morb/Apoc list. Anything I'm missing?

Hela with Invisible Woman

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Studio posted:

Hela with Invisible Woman

Kind of a backup plan as that deck already dumps your hand and then some by the time Invis Woman reveals. But it may allow some more lateral deck building away from the standard discards.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

MODOK looks really narrow in playability compared to the last few seasonal cards. He'll basically only be good in the Dracula/Morb/Apoc list. Anything I'm missing? He'd be great if there were any synergy for Hela, who desperately needs something to help her be more consistent.

Kinda would prefer they move away from every season card being an archetype-defining monster, so I'm cool with this.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

PJOmega posted:

expensive license.

I worked for the mouse on a number of shows and films including marvel stuff and saw the difference between 3rd party and 1st party when it came to licenses.

Ben / Second Dinner isn't in the driver's seat in regards to the Marvel License, Disney has the keys to that SUV, so they probably had to make sacrifices to hit monetization targets which means we'll get a few bullshit bundles like the Pro thing.

If the Jubilee bundle turns out to be accurate I'll probably get that one since it seems reasonable.

That being said if they threw a few thousand tokens in the pro bundle I would have gotten it... maybe.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

welp, had no idea that silenced ongoing units still benefited from Spectrum's ability

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Related to license discussion, this was a super interesting interview about the XCOM folks working with Marvel: https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3p4g5/why-not-just-make-xcom-with-marvel-superheroes

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Sometimes my opponent snaps immediately after a turn, and I’m sitting there thinking, OK, how the hell can they beat a ramped Mr. Negative with a Sera? Then I panic and realize, oh god, they’ve set up a Galactus play. It’s so obvious. I decide to stay in to make them have it.

They play the most milquetoast line I’ve ever seen and get clobbered in two lanes.

They’re big play was a Hobgoblin in a lane I didn’t give a poo poo about. Not sure what was going on there.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Hauki posted:

welp, had no idea that silenced ongoing units still benefited from Spectrum's ability

Yeah, they still have ongoing abilities, they're just suppressed at that location.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Nybble posted:

Related to license discussion, this was a super interesting interview about the XCOM folks working with Marvel: https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3p4g5/why-not-just-make-xcom-with-marvel-superheroes

For the record, that game is loving rad.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel

JackDarko posted:

Sometimes my opponent snaps immediately after a turn, and I’m sitting there thinking, OK, how the hell can they beat a ramped Mr. Negative with a Sera? Then I panic and realize, oh god, they’ve set up a Galactus play. It’s so obvious. I decide to stay in to make them have it.

They play the most milquetoast line I’ve ever seen and get clobbered in two lanes.

They’re big play was a Hobgoblin in a lane I didn’t give a poo poo about. Not sure what was going on there.

I've run into quite a few people who will snap and then drop down this insane play in one lane and win it super hard while losing the other two. Like they stayed on to make a point that if you hadn't played stuff in the other lanes then they would've won.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

New Leaf posted:

For the record, that game is loving rad.

Truly a great time for people into both Marvel and card based games.

JackDarko posted:

I had someone snap after playing Psylocke who ramped into....Forge. I had another game tonight where someone snapped T4, played Jessica Jones on T5 and....nothing on T6. People can be very bad at playing this game sometimes.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

There are decks where "psylocke and hope you topdeck" is the best move. If you have no other turn 2 plays and are looking for Mr. Negative, for instance.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

You are all playing obvious bots.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Hauki posted:

Wait, what? That's opposite of how Mystique works...

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Hauki posted:

Silenced by Enchantress, or Silenced by the location? Those are Technically Different

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ongoing cards at the Isle of Silence will still be buffed by Spectrum.

Ongoing cards that have been Zeroed/Enchantressed will not be buffed by Spectrum.

Ongoing cards that have been buffed by Spectrum will not lose their buff if they are then Enchantressed.

I haven't tested it out, but I think that similarly to point 1 above Absorbing Man will still copy an On Reveal effect if it was suppressed by a surprise Cosmo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Yeah, Cosmo doesn't remove their on reveal, just blocks it. So AbMan on another location will still copy it.