Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me
been grinding in the sewers all day in DDS, gonna start legend of oasis tonight probably after I finish this game up. Will still go for demifiend I think since I can just grind mindlessly during work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Well auto soma changes the game lmfao

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

That Little Demon posted:

Well auto soma changes the game lmfao

lol yeah, time to start casting black sun every turn of every battle

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I've gotten just enough vitality essences....I might just keep going lol.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

How the gently caress do I emulate a saturn game.

i bought my ntsc-j saturn for $150

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
its so hosed how they make you unlock the 4 guardians... I really don't want to run through this last dungeon multiple loving times!!! its awful

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

i bought my ntsc-j saturn for $150

same here. fun thing about ntsc-j saturn is that the games are affordable as well.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

INTJ Saturn

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Demifiend is the worst boss I've ever seen, I'm going to figure out how to do the slight cheese strat

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Siiiick, 2 of my party members got put to sleep by pixie, maybe I have a chance

Oh cool they both woke up for gaea rage lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

: Defeat the Four Guardian Beasts

probably will wrap this all up except demi fiend tonight, afterwards back to the grind and will try Demi this weekend I guess

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Legend of Oasis kicks rear end so far.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

hidden fighting game moves ftw

copy
Jul 26, 2007

mbt posted:

https://mednafen.github.io/releases/ this
run mednafen once and close it
find a saturn bios named Bios Saturn 1.01a (U).bin and rename it to mpr-17933.bin and put it in a folder named 'firmware' in your mednafen install
download the rom iso and drag the .cue file to mednafen.exe
press f1 to see the command options, press alt+shift+1 to configure player 1 controls
crushing every linux dev who hates guis on a big hydraulic press is optional but recommended

lol every time i think of mednafen i just go to this in my head

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

You, you got what I need but you say it's Mednafen
And you say it's Mednafen, wah baby

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

copy posted:

lol every time i think of mednafen i just go to this in my head

lmao

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Finally free lol

: Defeat the Demi-Fiend (PLATINUM)

The final successful fight using the debilitate/sukukaja strategy took just under 2 hours. Once you get in a rhythm and have everyone alive and healthy after the first gaea rage, it's not super dangerous, just very slow going. Luckily that gaea rage comes early in the fight so you don't waste too much time before knowing if you have a chance or not. Serph was level 92 and maxed stats except agility in the 80s, argilla and gale were mid 70s and close to max stats just lacking some strength and agility. I don't know how you can beat him even fully maxed out without using that strat, the gaea rage mechanic is insane even on top of everything else he has.

He's a cool super boss for taking away all the end game skills you learn, even if it's infuriating in the moment. Huang Long died in two fully buffed/debilitated black suns in comparison lol, so I'm glad he wasn't that easy, but do wish he'd been a little less intense.

This was cool too

Someone pick DDS2 next so I can play that

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

sourdough posted:

it has to be picked 6 months from now to accurately simulate the time that passed between releases

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

sourdough posted:

Finally free lol

The final successful fight using the debilitate/sukukaja strategy took just under 2 hours. Once you get in a rhythm and have everyone alive and healthy after the first gaea rage, it's not super dangerous, just very slow going. Luckily that gaea rage comes early in the fight so you don't waste too much time before knowing if you have a chance or not. Serph was level 92 and maxed stats except agility in the 80s, argilla and gale were mid 70s and close to max stats just lacking some strength and agility. I don't know how you can beat him even fully maxed out without using that strat, the gaea rage mechanic is insane even on top of everything else he has.

He's a cool super boss for taking away all the end game skills you learn, even if it's infuriating in the moment. Huang Long died in two fully buffed/debilitated black suns in comparison lol, so I'm glad he wasn't that easy, but do wish he'd been a little less intense.

This was cool too

no offense but you should be committed to an institution and never released and any medical review board that reads this thread would be in unanimous agreement

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

no offense but you should be committed to an institution and never released and any medical review board that reads this thread would be in unanimous agreement

You picked a sega saturn game you hypocritical son of a bitch.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

You picked a sega saturn game you hypocritical son of a bitch.

i have a sega saturn, i dont see the problem

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol :cheersdoge:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

sourdough posted:

Finally free lol

This was cool too

Lmao good poo poo dude. I'm here with serph over 90 and the others in the 80s thinking I might keep mindlessly grinding. Going to do some attempts this weekend

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i have a sega saturn, i dont see the problem

i am going to have you immobilized and forced to watch a looping clip of me selling it to Gamestop for a fraction of its worth

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

sourdough posted:

Finally free lol

This was cool too

Nice work!

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

sourdough posted:

Finally free lol

This was cool too

lmao got drat

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

symbolic posted:

i am going to have you immobilized and forced to watch a looping clip of me selling it to Gamestop for a fraction of its worth

dude no, i put a mode in there with a 500gb ssd. they wont understand!!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

sourdough posted:

Finally free lol

This was cool too

Great job man. Can't wait to get there.

Just took out Cerberus myself.

: Defeat Cerberus

Was saving up to get Cielo Dekaja and Dekunda because I remember him buffing a lot but the tried and true strategy of strength Serph Power Charge into Death Blow blasted him apart 1st try.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

sourdough posted:

Finally free lol

This was cool too

Holy poo poo

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

sourdough posted:

Finally free lol

This was cool too

lol drat nice work

copy
Jul 26, 2007

sourdough posted:

Finally free lol

This was cool too

gdo drat dude great job

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I just finished the boat I don't know how anyone found the time to blow through this game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
why is tummyache in this game lemme eat things thats the mechanic of this game

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

why is tummyache in this game lemme eat things thats the mechanic of this game

dis ache items are in the shop and iron stomach is along the top mantra path

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
NO poo poo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

elf help book posted:

lmao. yeah stomachache is bullshit imo

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
[pointing to stomach after eating something bad] dis ache

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

sourdough posted:

Finally free lol

This was cool too

grats. but

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Evil Eagle posted:

dis ache items are in the shop and iron stomach is along the top mantra path

I went straight for it as soon as I could afford it. It's got the AP share too so I just setup my party around Serph eating everything in every random encounter whenever possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

lol