Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

News on the reddit street it's someone who beat the charge in...Canberra.

Whelp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

This is great news, gently caress off to hell Pell you pedo enabling piece of poo poo

Pls be respectful mate.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

Someone was briefly named on the appearance list for the court but quickly removed lol.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Wizard Master posted:

Pls be respectful mate.

That was very respectful. Hasn't even pissed or poo poo on his grave.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Imagine being such a pedophile that you die from hip surgery.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Lot of online Ricky Gervais brand atheists suddenly talking about people going to hell like they won't follow.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Word cloud for all of 2022:

Bonus hand drawn word cloud that was sent to me by my Auspol Secret Santa:

Urcher fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jan 11, 2023

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

https://twitter.com/marquelawyers/status/1613013199254872065
Amazing.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Of little interest to me

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Who were the "eight heroes of Manly"..? Do I really want to look that up?

hawaiian_robot
Dec 5, 2006

And I'm happy just to sit here,
At a table with old friends.
And see which one of us can tell the biggest lies

Urcher posted:

Word cloud for all of 2023:

Great bikes, oval office

Rest in piss, RIPbozo george pell

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

Cable Guy posted:

Who were the "eight heroes of Manly"..? Do I really want to look that up?

Footballers who felt that a rainbow jersey threatened their masculinity or some such.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Animal Friend posted:

Of little interest to me

hehe

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Urcher posted:

Word cloud for all of 2023:

This brought back way more cosy memories of the year than my Spotify thingo. Thanks Auspol thread; thanks Urcher.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Oh great Gerard Henderson is trending on twitter.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

This brought back way more cosy memories of the year than my Spotify thingo. Thanks Auspol thread; thanks Urcher.

Oops, fixed.

Your welcome.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
This is more words on the subject than I thought I would ever write but here we go.

The many people who have opted out have, on the whole, done so because we live in an increasingly authoritarian oligarchic state. Some people dislike authoritarianism more than others. I live as far away from the rest of you worthless compliant drones as I possibly can because, we as a society, seem to tacitally allow this sort of bullshit to continue. Some people who have opted out just take any aspect of society demanding they comply (eg mandatory vaxination) as fundamentally abhorent. I personally believe in evidence based medicine and evidence based every thing else, but that takes a level of engagement that many of the people who have opted out are not willing to involve themselves in. I call them "Hippie foo foo".

tl;dr - "cookers" are a symptom, not the problem.

And not too far from this:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01-11/icac-report-daryl-maguire-gladys-berejiklian-delayed/101844426

There is no way this report is being delayed due to anything to do with "complexities". It has straight up been sandbagged and the (Yes this is actually the case) loving outsourced resource that was put on to do the job has been entirely responsible for continuing the delay. It should have been released at least six months ago. Informed sources say that there is no reason even starting today it couldn't be released within a fortnight. Even then it would be too late for an informed debate to be prosecuted before the effective start of the election.

No wonder people don't trust government.

And as an aside although Pell should be condemend for all the peddo mess he was also the establishment's stalking horse for all kinds of abhorent LBQTIA+ prejudices. gently caress that idiot.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
To be fair NSW Labor are so poo poo it's unlikely to hinder them at the election.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

you worthless compliant drones

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Non compliance for the sake of non compliance sure does sound childlike.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Non-compliance for the sake of non-compliance at extreme personal risk takes an adult level of idiotic overconfidence however.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
https://twitter.com/ameliabrace/status/1613367322621939712

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

but that was his normal outfi... oh

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Im sorry that people found out that i dress as a nazi

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Hey people still love Prince Harry

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Urcher posted:

Word cloud for all of 2022:

Wow what an honour, thanks lesbians.

Speaking of compliant drones, Raging Waters is a great water park, but as you can imagine, on a hot day, the lines get prohibitively long. But while they have 45+ minute lines, they’re sending groups of 2 down 4 person slides. So there are 2 empty seats on a significant number of descents. While there are hundreds of people who waiting. Which is infuriating. So I sent my kids to the top to say “hi excuse me next time there are 2 empty seats can we jump in please”; and they reduce the turnaround by 95%. Woop Woop.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Wow what an honour, thanks lesbians.

Speaking of compliant drones, Raging Waters is a great water park, but as you can imagine, on a hot day, the lines get prohibitively long. But while they have 45+ minute lines, they’re sending groups of 2 down 4 person slides. So there are 2 empty seats on a significant number of descents. While there are hundreds of people who waiting. Which is infuriating. So I sent my kids to the top to say “hi excuse me next time there are 2 empty seats can we jump in please”; and they reduce the turnaround by 95%. Woop Woop.

the 15yo kid doing the lifeguarding at the top does not give a gently caress.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

So its rather obvious Perottet is trying to get in front of something before it gets out.

does it even matter at this point? I dont see this hurting his election chances at all.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

He's just shoring up the base.

TheLoneAmigo
Jan 3, 2013
What's worse is that it was a surprise party.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

TheLoneAmigo posted:

They'd been active since the 1930s though?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Proud evil commie.

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
Missed a chance with Potraitors and Potatriots

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
I remember playing Planetside circa 2015 and it was a thing - we had a tournament; Potato of Origin.

It was a three way fight- turns out that they're called potato fritters in New Zealand.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Rougey posted:

I remember playing Planetside circa 2015 and it was a thing - we had a tournament; Potato of Origin.

It was a three way fight- turns out that they're called potato fritters in New Zealand.

"frutters" probably

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

sick of Applebees posted:

Missed a chance with Potraitors and Potatriots

potraito potraito

TheLoneAmigo posted:

Why does that make a difference?

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

Eediot Jedi posted:

Why does that make a difference?

He just happened to be wearing a Nazi uniform.

Laserface posted:

So its rather obvious Perottet is trying to get in front of something before it gets out.

Any bets on it being David Elliott and the Clubs lobby?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

hooman posted:

Proud evil commie.

Apart from traitorous NT and WA, this is very close to the Barassi Line.

edit: Now I am curious as to what are they called in other places.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

ShoeFly posted:

Any bets on it being David Elliott and the Clubs lobby?

Sorry I asked the wrong question. ABC are reporting it was a fancy dress party and the theme was uniforms. It wasn't a coincidence and he was in his everyday brown shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

ShoeFly posted:

Ease up on the guy, he didn't have time to change after work.