Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Moo Cowabunga posted:

My lovely phoenix

Two soft red cards

Two penalties

Two misses

In like…10 minutes

Quality games, quality refs, quality time

https://twitter.com/aleaguemen/status/1611637083009089537?s=46&t=qayYBdg6LvJYixI-hp9IXA

Holy poo poo some sketchy calls there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Remembering that time yesterday when the A league deployed a ref to help Sydney FC get to the top of the ladder so to help ensure a full house for the grand final that will be played in Sydney no matter who wins the league, but Sydney FC can’t shoot for poo poo.

One of the red cards for the nix was a bit of biffo but Sydney got a yellow and the nix got a straight red

The other was a bit of a soft second yellow

From 3:26 (although the goal has all the classic A league defending lols)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1WeLYkPqqo

Almost makes me want to start an a league thread. Almost.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the time that the niceday smirker MNT tried to solve the problem of everyone in their setup being a slapfighting baby by putting out feelers to Zinedine loving Zidane

https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-states-usa/story/4847625/zinedine-zidane-rejected-approach-to-coach-usa

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

They don’t have a coach so I’d imagine they’re putting out feelers on everyone

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

FullLeatherJacket posted:

the time that the niceday smirker MNT tried to solve the problem of everyone in their setup being a slapfighting baby by putting out feelers to Zinedine loving Zidane

https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-states-usa/story/4847625/zinedine-zidane-rejected-approach-to-coach-usa

This mf said “niceday smirker”

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

this week I will mostly be stealing my jokes from bobby heenan barry glendenning steve bell

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Fork Oeuf, Fur Cuff, etc.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/nocontextfooty/status/1611697837653528578

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Kevin Lasagna

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Rooney getting arrested for being drunk in public when he arrived in the US but he was just walking around being scouse

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

And drunk, but the broken English part was mostly being Scouse.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

You've never done a cheeky short swap with your significant other?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

That's such an amazing mid-2000s photo. Like this one

https://twitter.com/BadlyDressedFB/status/1431290565216415745

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I don't get the problem with the Rooney pic other than the inescapable fact that Rooney is ugly as hell, and appears to be holding a giant lollipop. The shorts are fine.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Failed Imagineer posted:

I don't get the problem with the Rooney pic other than the inescapable fact that Rooney is ugly as hell, and appears to be holding a giant lollipop. The shorts are fine.

This is the funny poo poo you suddenly remember thread, hope that helps.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Failed Imagineer posted:

It’s funny for some of the reasons you described and his shorts are very short

I don’t know why but the version of him licking it is funnier somehow

Lemon
May 22, 2003

how had I never seen this angle before

obscene

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

those shorts are a perfectly reasonable length.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Wayne Rooney is 23 in that picture and probably the fittest he ever was in his career. It's shocking really.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Oh wow the lolly was a sphere, I thought it was more 2D

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

This was actually the funny football poo poo I suddenly remembered, but I couldn’t find this exact picture in a decent size.

Everything about their outfits is bizarre imo. This picture was taken in 2008 when precisely nothing they were wearing were in style. Short shorts on guys weren’t fashionable yet. Camo cargo shorts were out of style. Slides wouldn’t come back for another like 10 years, and I don’t even remember colored Birkenstocks existing back then. I don’t even know what is going on with his shirt and I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a sleeveless jersey(?) with a crew neck in another context.

Also Rooney is wearing glasses that may actually be goggles and his slides appear to be too small for his feet.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

blue footed boobie posted:

This was actually the funny football poo poo I suddenly remembered, but I couldn’t find this exact picture in a decent size.

Everything about their outfits is bizarre imo. This picture was taken in 2008 when precisely nothing they were wearing were in style. Short shorts on guys weren’t fashionable yet. Camo cargo shorts were out of style. Slides wouldn’t come back for another like 10 years, and I don’t even remember colored Birkenstocks existing back then. I don’t even know what is going on with his shirt and I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a sleeveless jersey(?) with a crew neck in another context.

Also Rooney is wearing glasses that may actually be goggles and his slides appear to be too small for his feet.
It’s bizarre that you think they’re trying to be fashionable in that shot. They’re clearly trying to be comfortable. And hell, good for them. The lollipop is a funny look but it’s all kinds of insecure to be mocking his shorts or sandals. Be comfortable in your body, OP.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Lemon posted:

obscene

Mods

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Lemon posted:

obscene

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Oh lol it actually was a lollipop yeah ok that's funny

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Oh lol it actually was a lollipop yeah ok that's funny

What did you think it was?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Strawman posted:

What did you think it was?

Honestly dunno, the mind recoils from an ugly adult man holding such a large lollipop. Maybe a maraca?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It's a guy who couldn't have everything he wanted growing up suddenly being able to, let him have the giant lollipop

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I seem to recall he can only go to sleep with white noise, but instead of getting a white noise machine he just plugs in a hoover and lets it run all night, and was going through like a hoover a week. Interesting guy

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Failed Imagineer posted:

I seem to recall he can only go to sleep with white noise, but instead of getting a white noise machine he just plugs in a hoover and lets it run all night, and was going through like a hoover a week. Interesting guy

quote:

The 20-year-old United star confessed to his bedtime quirk in an extract from his autobiography, My Story So Far, published yesterday.

He revealed that if there isn't a Hoover or a Dyson to hand, he turns on fiancée Coleen McLoughlin's hairdryer instead.

He said: "I've ruined so many hairdryers by letting them burn out.

"Coleen hates it - she won't let me turn on a vacuum cleaner or a fan, not when we're together."

lol

and also lmao that the site i got that from lists some "quirks" other players have

quote:

Although he might risk opening himself to ridicule with his bedtime secrets, Rooney is not the first England international to admit to a quirky personality trait.

Former captain David Beckham told this year how he suffers from an obsessive compulsive disorder, which means he has to line up cans of drink in his fridge and organise all his belongings into pairs.

England team-mate Steven Gerrard also revealed in a TV documentary that he washes his hands at least 16 times a day due to an obsession with cleanliness.

And one of their predecessors, Paul Gascoigne, has told how he can't leave home without checking that all the lights are off.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I've always thought it was a toffee apple ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Probably the same brain quirks that compel you to practice penalties for 12 hours a day as a kid also make you an OCD hairdryer maniac as an adult. Plus the fact that you have an extremely abnormal childhood and spend every day reenforcing those obsessive behaviours.

Everyone was worried about headers but the real brain damage was happening off the pitch.

Lol?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
most of those are pretty mild and the kind of stuff I had issues with before getting on an SSRI. Washing your hands a lot is just good sense though imo whether its the stuff you're touching in training or just out shopping etc

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

britishbornandbread posted:

I've always thought it was a toffee apple ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's a giant lollipop op how are goons this bad at visually identifying things

It has the lollipop ridge around it

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

the lollipop ridge

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Grimson posted:

the lollipop ridge

I hear there's a beautiful view of it from Butterfly Valley

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Go look at a chupachup you chucklefucks before you step to me about lollipop ridges

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Grimson posted:

the lollipop ridge

New forum name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
My great-grandad fought Tojo in the battle of Lollipop Ridge, show some respect