Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
Watch the Chargers fire Staley because Tom Cable is available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Appreciate the Chargers letting the Broncos avoid going winless in the division for the first time since the merger. I really do think this team will be at least fun to watch with a decent coach.

Legit bummer about the Charger injuries though, I don't understand why the Chargers kept their starters in so long only to pull them in the 4th.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Early news on Mike Williams is a negative MRI and negative X-Ray.

Promising.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I've been trying to talk myself back into finding Staley acceptable but getting multiple stars hurt in a completely loving meaningless game before the playoffs is enraging

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

They at least got injured in style today.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Staley is a loving moron

The defense plays better when Derwin James is on the sidelines

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
https://youtu.be/mFtIvmE9Ssw

Truly a beautiful video. Broncos Country: Let's Ride is one of the bleakest things from a season where a dude actually died on the field.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

pasaluki posted:

Truly a beautiful video. Broncos Country: Let's Ride is one of the bleakest things from a season where a dude actually died on the field.

I hate this dude and enjoy his suffering.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

you are wrong, Perna is awesome

I totally get other fanbases loving watching us eat massive amounts of poo poo though, we've had it really good most of my life

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I discovered his channel this year and have really enjoyed watching it. I haven't watched his "non Broncos" stuff but he seems to know what he's talking about.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

pasaluki posted:

Perna is great

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Thread title was indeed aspirational. Russ did break the TDs/Bathrooms line though, right?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Nervous posted:

Thread title was indeed aspirational. Russ did break the TDs/Bathrooms line though, right?

He did indeed! He threw 16 TD's this year

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Wilson finally truly lit up at the end of the year and especially in that Chargers game. 3 TDs in that game and a bunch of vintage moon balls.

I have no doubt he's still not nearly what he once was, but it's a real testament to just how important inspired coaching is to a team's success.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

My not-very-hot take is it’s because Rosberg or whoever brought back things like bootlegs, read options, and scrambles. Basically all the stuff that Wilson is actually good at, as opposed to trying to reinvent him as a pocket passer.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Tom Brady to the raiders of all places is this possible or are twitter folk just throwing poo poo to see what sticks? Think I press the Doubt button

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Fat Jesus posted:

Tom Brady to the raiders of all places is this possible or are twitter folk just throwing poo poo to see what sticks? Think I press the Doubt button

I mean he and McDouche are super tight... I would love to see him go there, eat poo poo, retire, and get McDouche fired. That'd be sweet

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

don't stop I'm nearly there

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
I can only hope that Brady only tolerated McDaniels and isn't really interested in playing for him. Ideally he'll just retire.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I don't think there is a chance in hell that Brady wants to come to the AFC West and having to play Mahomes and Herbert twice a year.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SalTheBard posted:

I don't think there is a chance in hell that Brady wants to come to the AFC West and having to play Mahomes and Herbert twice a year.

Herbert is good, but I really doubt Brady is scared of the Chargers.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Nervous posted:

I hope to inspire the Denver Broncos to reach that lofty goal of 7-10 next year.

While I can't imagine the Offense being any worse in 2023, it looks like the defense regression is finally happening. :laugh: at Russ cooking in some shoot outs

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
The defense definitely seemed to get worse after we traded Chub. Have like, no pass rush anymore.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

ChocolatePancake posted:

The defense definitely seemed to get worse after we traded Chub. Have like, no pass rush anymore.

Stoked we went after Gregory instead of getting Von back lemme tell ya

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Gramps posted:

Stoked we went after Gregory instead of getting Von back lemme tell ya

I'm glad Von is on a good team

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I hope he's a lucky charm for every team he's on until he retires. Go fuckin Bills

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Von did have a role to play. And there's no guarantee that if he played for the Broncos he would have sustained the same injuries.

However.
If the Bills make it to the AFC Championship Von Miller will become a really fateful player.

He's the reason the Bills beat the Chiefs and therefore set in motion the neutral site being used.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I think the Chargers will win this week and will play at KC in two weeks

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

This. I'm happy for him.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Von will be the best defensive player in the playoffs like always. It is Fate.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Von will be the best defensive player in the playoffs like always. It is Fate.

He's out. ACL. Again.He'll still get another ring but he ain't playin another snap this season as far as I know.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Gramps posted:

He's out. ACL. Again.He'll still get another ring but he ain't playin another snap this season as far as I know.

Oh I thought it was something minor. :rip:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Oh I thought it was something minor. :rip:

That’s what they said for a week. They weren’t even going to put him on IR because they wanted to be able to activate him sooner.

I guess the swelling went down and the imaging became a little clearer.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Bills really miss Von and i think it'll cost them.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Fat Jesus posted:

Bills really miss Von and i think it'll cost them.

Hell, same.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Assuming Evero jumps ship, it's anybody's guess how well the Broncos defense does next year. They have some useful pieces but no real stars in the front 7. In 2021 they were a worse defense than official rankings / points allowed stats implied, because the offense was conservative, burning clock and avoiding turnovers. They could easily be mediocre next year.

But I'd still attribute some of their dropoff this year to the general malaise. It's hard for a defense to play its rear end off and lose 16-10 every week because the offense is wearing clown shoes; eventually the effort starts to flag. The 2015 team was weirdly immune to this because of faith in Manning.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

I think you know in your heart who would make a great next Defensive Coordinator for the Denver Broncos…

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

solarjetman posted:

The 2015 team was weirdly immune to this because of faith in Wade.

fixed

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/chasingsnyder/status/1613246361323065345?s=46&t=C8qHYEHR-ZWCQtUcdwhAPg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I reworked the Broncos uniform / logo concept because I was going to post it to Artstation and thought I'd share it here.

The uniform isn't different from the last version. Having said that, I'm not sure it was posted here.

E: Nope.