Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am just going to double dip on FF16 cause im a biiiiiiiitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Arzaac posted:

I think I'm gonna try to digivolve my Meramon into an Andromon, because I think it's actually doable. His stats requirement is kinda insane and I don't think I can do it, but other than that he just needs <=3 care mistakes, 35-45 weight, and either 95+ discipline or 30+ battles. It feels a bit like cheating, but I don't think anything explicitly says you have to meet the stats requirement, just 3/4 of the requirements, so....

Small update on this, you can, in fact, upgrade to an ultimate without meeting stats requirements, which is kinda nuts. Meeting Care Mistakes, Weight, and Bonus is crazy easy in comparison, I'd otherwise have to get all my stats up to like 300 in a gym where you spend one (in-game hour) to get like 8 points

And after evolving, Terry got so many free stats. I'm talking like at least 200 in every stat when they were all at 100-300. He's ridiculous now

So basically my fire elemental evolved into an android after kicking the rear end of another fire elemental (he's our chef now). My next order of business is to go to the dinosaur land where time moves at double speed and beat up a meteor

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

aside from the aforementioned, AFAIK it's being developed on the same crystal tools branch that FFXIV was, which means its nuts and bolts have already had plenty of time to be rigorously tested on PC and should thus cut down a lot on porting efforts

maybe it won't be exactly six months and one day but i'm counting on it being a lot more prompt than, say, FFXV was

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
What’s a map game?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Vermain posted:

aside from the aforementioned, AFAIK it's being developed on the same crystal tools branch that FFXIV was, which means its nuts and bolts have already had plenty of time to be rigorously tested on PC and should thus cut down a lot on porting efforts

maybe it won't be exactly six months and one day but i'm counting on it being a lot more prompt than, say, FFXV was

You're saying you employed the ancient divination method of ceromancy, dripping molten wax into a jar of water and reading the signs. :hmmyes:

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

tuyop posted:

What’s a map game?

A grand strategy game where you stare at a map for hours at a time. They're really fun, and also help you become smarter because now I know almost every country by location and where a lot of major cities are

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

You're saying you employed the ancient divination method of ceromancy, dripping molten wax into a jar of water and reading the signs. :hmmyes:

please, it's anthropomancy or bust

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I cast yarrow stalks and practice bibliomancy with the I Ching, cause it's lit!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Based on what?

The previous mainline FF took 16 months to hit PC.

Maybe it was a mistake, but Sony did release a PS5 trailer with this text in the FFXVI part

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vermain posted:

please, it's anthropomancy or bust

:laugh: touché

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

tuyop posted:

What’s a map game?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rinkles posted:

Maybe it was a mistake, but Sony did release a PS5 trailer with this text in the FFXVI part

True dat, the Awakening trailer, though Sony has been locking down background exclusive rights with Square much harder since MS bought Bethesda and the Activision thing, which is probably why we still haven't seen FF7R on Xbox. I think Sony somehow renewed the exclusivity period when Intergrade released.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jan 12, 2023

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wait Duelyst 2 came out and none of yall talked about it? For shame!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Isn’t it “duelist”?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I loaded up roadwarden, seems SUPER promising so far! It’s reminding me of Pathfinder Kingmaker, as the main mission is basically the same (“tame” a wild area for the benefit of a nearby merchant city), and my favourite part of that game was mapping out the region, one junction at a time. Looking forward to this

Idk anything about the devs but I get the impression that English isn’t their first language, there are some phrasing hiccups, it’s rare but noticeable (if they are native English speakers then idk)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's a little bit funny that there's complaints about the PS5 not having any exclusives, then when a game is exclusive to the PS5, there's complaints about that too

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Waffleman_ posted:

It's a little bit funny that there's complaints about the PS5 not having any exclusives, then when a game is exclusive to the PS5, there's complaints about that too

The Wii U dilemma

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

hatty posted:

The Wii U dilemma

I think it just all comes down to the fact that you still cannot walk into a store and buy a PS5. They're hard to get so publishers don't wanna make their games exclusive to a system a lot of people don't have but then when it is exclusive it's like "hey I can't get this system"

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
People always get mad when a previously multiplatform series goes exclusive especially if it’s for a console they don’t like for one reason or another. The bayonetta 2 rage was intense

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

'Nuff said.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

I think it just all comes down to the fact that you still cannot walk into a store and buy a PS5. They're hard to get so publishers don't wanna make their games exclusive to a system a lot of people don't have but then when it is exclusive it's like "hey I can't get this system"

Well apparently 30 million people have one, which is almost 1:1 the pace of the PS4 between November 2013 to November 2015.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Barudak posted:

Wait Duelyst 2 came out and none of yall talked about it? For shame!

I read monetization complaints and my interest evaporated

It would require an absolutely ungodly incredible ccg style game to get me interested in it, those titles are DoA for me otherwise - it's hard enough for any MP game to get a healthy community, one built on either awful grind or pay $$$ is just, nope

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

hatty posted:

People always get mad when a previously multiplatform series goes exclusive especially if it’s for a console they don’t like for one reason or another. The bayonetta 2 rage was intense

It's funny because the opposite happened when FF13 went multiplatform after being Sony exclusive for a few years.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

victrix posted:

I read monetization complaints and my interest evaporated

It would require an absolutely ungodly incredible ccg style game to get me interested in it, those titles are DoA for me otherwise - it's hard enough for any MP game to get a healthy community, one built on either awful grind or pay $$$ is just, nope

The game is incredibly unique, but yeah monetization of remake may be poo poo. All the code is now open source though so maybe somebody will make a single player game.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hot take: people should get a PS5 because it’s a good console

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Buschmaki posted:

'Nuff said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nggiyJ3VcJU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rinkles posted:

They also accidentally implied that Demon Souls Remake was getting a PC release which still hasn't happened.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I was going to buy a PS5 for FFXVI but the Steam Deck is finally available in Australia so I'll probably buy that instead as that will get quadruple the playtime. It'd be a harder decision if the PS5 had more games, frankly.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Sakurazuka posted:

They also accidentally implied that Demon Souls Remake was getting a PC release which still hasn't happened.

Bastards

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Your new av is scaring me in a good way.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Your new av is scaring me in a good way.

LMAO. The new av is the actual character JollyBoyJohn from Scottish TV show Burniston. It feels better than a surly picture of Scottish former footballer Scott Brown :scotland: :cheers:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Vermain posted:

my calculation is that a mainline title's gonna make the leap a lot faster, especially since it's being directed by one of the few actual PC gamers in japan

who?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Escobarbarian posted:

Maybe when it gets a game I'll consider it

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Escobarbarian posted:

I'd rather spend $500 on almost anything else

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Waffleman_ posted:

Console exclusives should die imo, but also I get why they exist on not just a marketing level. Porting games sounds like a nightmare, much less the differences in having to develop around multiple potential hardware specs vs just one or two.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifAm3Vp0JnU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

not clicking that

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Ngl as that was loading in I read it as "5 Piss" and I was worried for a moment.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I'd rather spend $500 on almost anything else

Weird thing to admit in the chat thread for the video games forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

RBA Starblade posted: