Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Is that an oven? What?
We already knew that natural gas ovens are pretty terrible for indoor air quality, but recent studies have shown that they're far worse than anticipated, so there has been a move to phase them out in favor of electric cooking, much like wood and anthracite ranges in the past.

This is obviously tyranny on par with seatbelt laws and indoor smoking bans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
gently caress. Every electric stove I ever had loving sucked

bartok
May 10, 2006

it's the light bulb thing all over again isn't it?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Why is Churchill's hand growing directly out of his shoulder, with no evidence of an arm? Also, it's cute that Garrison thinks his readers think Nazis are bad.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

bartok posted:

it's the light bulb thing all over again isn't it?

Except that electric stoves that are equal to or better than gas stoves cost hundreds of dollars more.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

This now marks two threads devolving into stove arguments. To summarize from the IoSM thread:

1) IF you're seeing a major difference it's probably mostly psychological

2) You're probably using it wrong

3) Induction

4) If you're boiling water on the stove top for any reason you're being silly in a universe where electric kettles exist

5) A small derail about cast iron.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Neito posted:

4) If you're boiling water on the stove top for any reason you're being silly in a universe where electric kettles exist

But how will I make hardboiled eggs if I can't boil water on the stove?

Also, I've used electric stoves all my life and never had any issues, so all I can say is... "Electric stoves aren't the end of the world".

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Okay, let's post a single political cartoon, I guess!

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Randalor posted:

Also, I've used electric stoves all my life and never had any issues, so all I can say is... "Electric stoves aren't the end of the world".

Toss those bad boys into your kettle!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I can only assume by the color of her helmet (why does he always portray Year as a woman... wait, no, I don't want to know) that she's being sent to Regina, Saskatchewan and will be a Roughriders fan, a fate truly worse than death.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Tats thinks they're euthanizing everyone in Canada so maybe it'll be a short year.

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

PowerBeard posted:

Toss those bad boys into your kettle!

But it’s all clogged up with gunk from when I made mashed potatoes and pasta!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
was it explained why the angels are handmaid puppets?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I love my gas stove. I've never even lit it, I just turn the dial to high and huff straight from the burners to trigger the libs

E:

Post poste posted:

Okay, let's post a single political cartoon, I guess!

Calling it now: MM-23 is an athlete who dies from the jab. Another year of creating a character whose death is inevitably linked to an exact(-ish) date and blaming something else for killing them anyway.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jan 12, 2023

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

HootTheOwl posted:

was it explained why the angels are handmaid puppets?

Because God tried to cheer up and/or mock zombie-handmaid with a puppet show when 2022 walked off with the Grim Reaper.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Neito posted:

This now marks two threads devolving into stove arguments. To summarize from the IoSM thread:

1) IF you're seeing a major difference it's probably mostly psychological

2) You're probably using it wrong

3) Induction

5) A small derail about cast iron.

What the gently caress is this?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

VitalSigns posted:

I love my gas stove. I've never even lit it, I just turn the dial to high and huff straight from the burners to trigger the libs

E:

Calling it now: MM-23 is an athlete who dies from the jab. Another year of creating a character whose death is inevitably linked to an exact(-ish) date and blaming something else for killing them anyway.

Im going with "hes a boy as you can tell by his football hemet, but (((THEY))) brainwash him into thinking hes a girl"

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Randalor posted:

Boil the water in the kettle then move it to the stove for further heating.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Modern Aviation still hasn't caught up to the FAA
agc

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Hihohe posted:

Im going with "hes a boy as you can tell by his football hemet, but (((THEY))) brainwash him into thinking hes a girl"
This was my exact guess. Despite being a baby with literal no coherent conscious thought this baby is already a manly man who loves football, a sport he has never seen, and which as we all know is genetically linked to masculinity. He will be a Good Ol Boy(TM) and extremely macho and charismatic, but also unassuming and non-aggressive, just making hosed up jabs at strangers but with a calm expression so you know he's the cool guy. People will insist he's trans because the government wants everyone to be trans because [fill in this part later]. Vaccines.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I'm confused about why anyone thinks you can't boil water just fine on an electric stove.

Jeff Danziger

Marty Two Bulls

Lisa Benson

Ann Telnaes

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Bill Bramhall

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Hihohe posted:

oh yeah that's a good guess, I think you might win this one

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

Despite being a baby with literal no coherent conscious thought this baby is already a manly man who loves football, a sport he has never seen, and which as we all know is genetically linked to masculinity.

God puts a football helmet on every baby boy to show His approval of maleness.

Unfortunately nobody knew what this meant for almost 5,000 years until North American football was invented.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

God puts a football helmet on every baby boy to show His approval of maleness.

Unfortunately nobody knew what this meant for almost 5,000 years until North American football was invented.

Must have really sucked for Mary to have to push Jesus out with a full football helmet on.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

idonotlikepeas posted:

I'm confused about why anyone thinks you can't boil water just fine on an electric stove.

Its less efficient to boil water on any stove time/energy wise compared to just boiling the water in a electric kettle and pouring it into your pot after.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

HootTheOwl posted:

gently caress. Every electric stove I ever had loving sucked

Get an induction stove.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The stove thing is exactly like the light bulbs, where people think the government is going to burst into your home and confiscate your appliances, as opposed to a long phase-out program to give people time to transition.

How long? The incandescent debate reached a peak around 2012. The ban doesn’t go into effect until this August.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Dr. Stab posted:

Get an induction stove.

Yeah, then you are cooking with science.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Pants Donkey posted:

The stove thing is exactly like the light bulbs, where people think the government is going to burst into your home and confiscate your appliances, as opposed to a long phase-out program to give people time to transition.

How long? The incandescent debate reached a peak around 2012. The ban doesn’t go into effect until this August.

Jokes on them. I still have a stockpile of leaded gasoline and freon that I huff daily.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Back in my day we used lead paint and didn't it harm me any do.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Dr. Stab posted:

Get an induction stove.
My mom got a proper induction stove and thinks it sucks. Things barely start to get hot at a 10 and it only goes up to 14.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Wow, having so much trouble voting for a speaker that you had to perform necromancy? Now that’s a real “red scare”.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Pleasant Friend posted:

Its less efficient to boil water on any stove time/energy wise compared to just boiling the water in a electric kettle and pouring it into your pot after.

Generally speaking, an induction stove with appropriately-designed kettle is considered to be even more efficient, so if that's the main concern you should probably ditch the electric kettle and go for that instead.

(Of course, the most impactful consideration is whether you use all the water you heat; changing that will probably do more good than anything else for most people.)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Dr. Stab posted:

Get an induction stove.

Just what I need, a surface I can scratch up every time I toss in the pan

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Warm food is for cowards.

Aw, widdle babies afwaid of some sawmonewwa?

My intestines are an apartment for roundworms, and I’ve never felt better.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

Immigration is good for you and only whiny petulant children complain about it.

quote:

Chip Bok

I love how he just throws "student loans were forgiven" as a horrible evil thing only a bad government would do when any normal person not constantly devouring right wing propaganda is going to have no idea why that's part of the list.

Randalor posted:

But what about the people who cook with woks?! It'll be the end of the world for everyone who cooks with a wok!

(I also have used electric stoves all my life and had zero issues)

Hihohe posted:

Have any of the anthropomorphic years been male? It could be the opposite. "She's a girl but (((THEY))) brainwash her into thinking she's a boy by using the football helmet!"

It does seem like a lot of lovely rear end in a top hat terfs have been switching over to using trans men as a boogeyman to talk about how the "woke left" is destroying femininity and also so they can talk about underage girls' bodies.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

It does seem like a lot of lovely rear end in a top hat terfs have been switching over to using trans men as a boogeyman to talk about how the "woke left" is destroying femininity and also so they can talk about underage girls' bodies.

It's also always phrased in the weirdest way that makes it clear that they have a tomboy fetish and are scared that the wokes are coming for their fap material.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

edit: why am i talking about sinfest

Libra fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 12, 2023

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

Have any of the anthropomorphic years been male? It could be the opposite. "She's a girl but (((THEY))) brainwash her into thinking she's a boy by using the football helmet!"

They always used to be men. I think the first female year was... 2017? I think she came in wearing a football helmet, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

No, no, it's clearly one of those reshaping helmets for babies who have deformed skulls. Just watch, this is going to be a touching and heartfelt tale about real problems in the profit-driven American healthcare system.