Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

not clicking that

LoadingReadyRun is good, they're the Desert Bus charity stream people, so you should click it

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jan 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

More like nap games

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
click every link you see imo

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I was being too productive in my gaming this year so I've resubscribed to SA GotY 2021 FFXIV on my PS5

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Evil Kit posted:

Console exclusives should die imo, but also I get why they exist on not just a marketing level. Porting games sounds like a nightmare, much less the differences in having to develop around multiple potential hardware specs vs just one or two.

Exclusives are the reason to actually get a console though I get people hating the ones where it's just "we bought a studio".

I think the problem is when there's like literally just one exclusive you want and can't justify a purchase over it. Like there are literally two PS5 exclusives (out of 5) that I have any interest in, ff7 remake 2, and FF16 and that ain't worth 500 smackers

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I'd rather spend $500 on almost anything else

if you want my venmo you just have to ask

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I have decided to spend all of my money supporting "Virtual You Tuber"

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Beat God of War, drat this game rocks. I love that if you return to Kratos's house after the final boss, you can go to sleep, and get a preview of Thor's angry arrival years later. Gonna go mop up some collectibles for the platinum, NOT looking forward to finding the last 5 Ravens but I'm sure it'll be fine. I also still have to beat the final Valkyrie, who has just absolutely insane move variety. Feels harder than Malenia because if your split-second decision-making is even a little wrong you get hosed, but then again it's been a while since I fought Malenia. Looking forward to moving on to Ragnarok!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Escobarbarian posted:

Mindy Kaling has yet to make a bad show so I’ll reserve my judgement until I watch the first few episodes. Then if they suck I’ll come let y’all know

Update: they suck. It’s basically just a bad Riverdale parody with the most obvious and lazy “meta” Scooby-Doo jokes ever

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Muscle Tracer posted:

Beat God of War, drat this game rocks. I love that if you return to Kratos's house after the final boss, you can go to sleep, and get a preview of Thor's angry arrival years later. Gonna go mop up some collectibles for the platinum, NOT looking forward to finding the last 5 Ravens but I'm sure it'll be fine. I also still have to beat the final Valkyrie, who has just absolutely insane move variety. Feels harder than Malenia because if your split-second decision-making is even a little wrong you get hosed, but then again it's been a while since I fought Malenia. Looking forward to moving on to Ragnarok!

Final Valkyrie isnt too bad if you are running a runic attack build and spamming your four runic attacks. Hyperion grapple and Blessings of the Frost heavy runic attacks in particular do a good job at wrecking Valkyries. Also, going rage mode and summoning Atreus's wolves you can stun lock her for a large chunk of health. Pack a revive stone that refills your rage meter.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I have decided to spend all of my money supporting "Virtual You Tuber"

Weird way to say "more exciting entries in the Yakuza/Like a Dragon franchise" but have it your way

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Escobarbarian posted:

Weird thing to admit in the chat thread for the video games forum

There are other ways to play video games

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Weird to admit you don't want to spend $500 to play 1 game on a ps5

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I will not buy a PS5

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
im gonna do it and build a new pc this year. or maybe not

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

Update: they suck. It’s basically just a bad Riverdale parody with the most obvious and lazy “meta” Scooby-Doo jokes ever

did scooby himself ever show up

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

im gonna do it and build a new pc this year. or maybe not

bro you gotta buy a ps5 or you're a fake gamer can't believe you'd post this filthy on a vidoe game forum

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

There are other ways to play video games

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The Play station five is actually up to 13 games. Check it out

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_5-only_games

What a lineup OP

Man, Covid really hosed up their plans huh, this is definitely when you’d normally see bit GOTY blockbusters like God of Dad Ragnarok be PS5 exclusive for some kind of selling point.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

you're right fak i'd rather spend $500 building an arcade cab with a pc inside than buy a ps5

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Looper posted:

did scooby himself ever show up

Nope.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

bro you gotta buy a ps5 or you're a fake gamer can't believe you'd post this filthy on a vidoe game forum

You’re a fuckin idiot lol

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

been saying this a long time

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

I was being too productive in my gaming this year so I've resubscribed to SA GotY 2021 FFXIV on my PS5

oh no...

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Escobarbarian posted:

Nope.

This is very negative posting OP

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

you're right fak i'd rather spend $500 building an arcade cab with a pc inside than buy a ps5

Why would you build an arcade cabinet you have to put money into to use your computer

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Why would you build an arcade cabinet you have to put money into to use your computer

so i can take my friends money after i beat them at street fighter

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You mean enemies

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

You mean enemies

friends & enemies can all lose their quarters to my awful Ken play

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's not nice to nickel and dime your family like that

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I should buy a pinball table and see how long it takes for the neighbors to get mad

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I should buy a pinball table and see how long it takes for the neighbors to get mad

take the glass cover off too :unsmigghh:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
There are so many games now that you can get away with just having one console. Never been a better time for gaming

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

you mean how long until they go on tilt

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
little pinball joke there

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

you mean how long until they go on tilt

nice

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
whats your favorite pinball table OPs. mine is Bram Stoker's Dracula

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
In the middle of a battle, ShallNoiseUpon forgot how to street fight

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

hatty posted:

There are so many games now that you can get away with just having one console. Never been a better time for gaming

I would say that PC & Switch is the best 2-item combo. You end up getting 99% of everything, at some point. You just need to be patient for Sony to put their stuff out on PC.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Played a lot of terminator 2 pinball back in my youth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

whats your favorite pinball table OPs. mine is Bram Stoker's Dracula

F-14 Tomcat