Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Totally sort of off-topic question - I occasionally watch some snap YouTubers like TeddyNinja and he has hundreds of boosters not used - why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Kaddish posted:

Totally sort of off-topic question - I occasionally watch some snap YouTubers like TeddyNinja and he has hundreds of boosters not used - why?
If you play a lot you get (way) more boosters than you can spend, cause making boosters disappear costs credits and credits are limited and you get boosters basically every game. (I think the cap on boosters is you stop getting them after 300 games in a day? I've certainly never hit it)

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Ah, makes sense.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

No Wave posted:

If you play a lot you get (way) more boosters than you can spend, cause making boosters disappear costs credits and credits are limited and you get boosters basically every game. (I think the cap on boosters is you stop getting them after 300 games in a day? I've certainly never hit it)

The booster cap is 1000 a day, so 166 games played to completion.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I wish the Savage Land bundle came with some tokens. Those variants are all incredibly sick but I don't think I can justify that cost

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Opopanax posted:

I wish the Savage Land bundle came with some tokens. Those variants are all incredibly sick but I don't think I can justify that cost
They are being incredibly stingy with the tokens even if you spend a bunch of money

That new ‘pro bundle’ for $100 has no tokens either

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Personally I prefer getting each card to infinite once, instead of boosting the same card over and over again. So I've split Chavez twice and could get her go infinity twice more, but I'd rather spread my credits across cards.

I think it's also charming to have a deck that's entirely foil background + white border. A nice old skool look.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

FlamingLiberal posted:

They are being incredibly stingy with the tokens even if you spend a bunch of money

That new ‘pro bundle’ for $100 has no tokens either

Yeah. People have been saying that if it came with enough tokens for an S5 card, or even an S4, it would almost be a gimme. Getting three or six extra cards or one brand new meta Hotness card would be a huge leg up on deckbuilding for newer players. But without them, it's just "gently caress you, pay me".

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Their reasoning petty excuse probably is that the token shop isn't available before CL500, so it would be awkward to include something for beginners that they aren't able to access (yet).

Clearly the solution is to remove the bundle from the shop for everybody who is beyond CL500!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Sera's in the store for me that's a gimme.

And I'm pretty sure some people's strategy is just to let the timer almost run out every turn to annoy the other player into surrendering.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer
I have Dracula in my store who seems to be a missing piece from a lot of decks but I’m also missing Sera and Maximus which seem more universal. I also don’t care about meta decks tho so maybe I should just do it

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Bottom Liner posted:

You are all playing obvious bots.

I have had a high rate of people putting all their high end cards on a single location and doing NOTHING at others, even Snapping and acting like they have something. It's bizarre.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Max is replaceable. He can be meta but I prefer polaris in non-leech decks cause giving my oppoment their surfer is so bad and polaris can do amazing things at weird times. Granted you may also not own polaris.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Finally got to the point where I think I see collection 3 cards - I got Sera and started trying a Sera Silver surfer deck. It’s fun but I’m missing some good pieces

# (1) Iceman
# (2) Armor
# (3) Ironheart
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (3) Bishop
# (3) Rogue
# (3) Wolfsbane
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Storm
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Rhino
# (5) Sera

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Mierenneuker posted:

Personally I prefer getting each card to infinite once, instead of boosting the same card over and over again. So I've split Chavez twice and could get her go infinity twice more, but I'd rather spread my credits across cards.

I think it's also charming to have a deck that's entirely foil background + white border. A nice old skool look.

I like to stop upgrading cards on certain border colors for aesthetics: Psylocke with a purple border for example. It'd be neat if you could manually set any border that you've unlocked for that card.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

edgar_ posted:

I have Dracula in my store who seems to be a missing piece from a lot of decks but I’m also missing Sera and Maximus which seem more universal. I also don’t care about meta decks tho so maybe I should just do it
You are better off saving the tokens for a card you really need

There are like 80 cards in Series 3 and it takes forever to earn tokens so I would save them as much as possible

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?
I wish they would fix the store instead of saying pinning works as intended.

That's 3 times I lost electro from being pinned.

You aren't supposed to idle/task-switch/quit from the store screen, hitting escape or doing any of the above may trigger the shortcut to "unpin" the pinned card and if you don't catch it before the reset then.. whelp.

Ah well, I'm getting pretty close to getting all of series 3 if he's popping up that much in the last month.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

You are better off saving the tokens for a card you really need

There are like 80 cards in Series 3 and it takes forever to earn tokens so I would save them as much as possible

The Series 3 cards I'd 100% buy the instant they appear in the shop are, in rough order of priority,

Sera
Mystique
Aero
Leader
Brood
Maximus

Put Aero over Leader since I assume he'll get nerfed harder before long. Some people would add Hood to that list as well, but I don't play the decks he goes in very often.

Big K of Justice posted:

Ah well, I'm getting pretty close to getting all of series 3 if he's popping up that much in the last month.

You can use the collection tab on this website to check your S3 progress: https://marvelsnapzone.com/collection/

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Thoughts on this? Kind of a Sera Surfer Patriot hybrid. Seems to work well. Brood on altar leaves a pair of broodlings that are buffed by Patriot basically winning that lane or tieing with Bucky. Open to criticism.

# (1) Iceman
# (2) Scorpion
# (3) Ironheart
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (3) Patriot
# (3) Wolfsbane
# (3) Brood
# (3) Captain America
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Cyclops
# (3) Groot
# (5) Sera
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2lsdmVyU3VyZmVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJQYXRyaW90In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXb2xmc2JhbmUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Iklyb25oZWFydCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQnJvb2QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcHRhaW5BbWVyaWNhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDeWNsb3BzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHcm9vdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VyYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2lsbG1vbmdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTY29ycGlvbiJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Does ITT actually "bluff" snap turn 5/6? Trying to see something

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

the_american_dream posted:

I've never bluffed a snap and generally don't snap on 5/6 at all.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

I feel like I should, but I don’t.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I dont, too many people at my rank (79) don't care about their cubes and will play anything out. People are generally biased towards playing out games more than they should so I see bluffing as a -EV line. Turn 6 bluffs need to work 60% of the time to be cube neutral (-2 five times vs -8 -8 +2 +2 +2). Turn 5 bluffs only need to work 1/3 of the time (-2 three times vs -4 twice +2 once) so if you're gonna bluff do it then.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jan 12, 2023

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Bluff or no bluff, snapping on 6 is almost always a bad idea.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
OK yea im thinking thats a myth and it IS correct to retreat when you arent obviously winning.

Also thinking attempting to play through Leech is a trap unless you have a hand of BIG BOYS

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jan 12, 2023

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Skippy McPants posted:

The Series 3 cards I'd 100% buy the instant they appear in the shop are, in rough order of priority,

Sera
Mystique
Aero
Leader
Brood
Maximus

Put Aero over Leader since I assume he'll get nerfed harder before long. Some people would add Hood to that list as well, but I don't play the decks he goes in very often.

You can use the collection tab on this website to check your S3 progress: https://marvelsnapzone.com/collection/
Patriot is also really useful because he makes those early Pool 1 cards with no abilities actually useable again

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

OK yea im thinking thats a myth and it IS correct to retreat when you arent obviously winning.

Also thinking attempting to play through Leech is a trap unless you have a hand of BIG BOYS

I've posted them before, but I found these videos helpful:

Poker Concepts in Marvel Snap

(Almost) Never Snap on Turn Six

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Very, very rarely. Bluff snapping disables the retreat button, so you had better be sure your position looks strong if you do this.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Skippy McPants posted:

Thank you for this, sorry for bringing it up. Ill check it out

Quackles posted:

Very, very rarely. Bluff snapping disables the retreat button, so you had better be sure your position looks strong if you do this.

Also im not sure Bots ever turn 6 snap its usually early if their ahead in a lane or two iirc

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Thank you for this, sorry for bringing it up. Ill check it out

Nothin' to be sorry bout. What's this thread for, if not making the most of this lovely wallet trap?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok I ran into my first Galactus in this featured location period and yea thats really annoying. Not in a Leader way but more like come on dude

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I imagine that at some higher levels, bluffing snaps works. But at the level that I'm at, I don't think I or my opponents are smart enough to read what an opponent might be bluffing so it doesn't work at all.

What I've learned is that if I want to have a relaxed time and just want to see what happens, don't snap, and then let them come to me and evaluate it if they do snap. If I want to climb, snap aggressively early on and retreat aggressively, give up seeing how things play out for a faster rate of cube acquisition.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Skippy McPants posted:

Thanks for this post, Skippy! It hasn’t occurred to me to think of marvel snap in terms of poker, but I feel like the clouds are starting to part for me

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

New Leaf posted:

Thoughts on this? Kind of a Sera Surfer Patriot hybrid. Seems to work well. Brood on altar leaves a pair of broodlings that are buffed by Patriot basically winning that lane or tieing with Bucky. Open to criticism.

# (1) Iceman
# (2) Scorpion
# (3) Ironheart
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (3) Patriot
# (3) Wolfsbane
# (3) Brood
# (3) Captain America
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Cyclops
# (3) Groot
# (5) Sera
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2lsdmVyU3VyZmVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJQYXRyaW90In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXb2xmc2JhbmUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Iklyb25oZWFydCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQnJvb2QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcHRhaW5BbWVyaWNhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDeWNsb3BzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHcm9vdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VyYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2lsbG1vbmdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTY29ycGlvbiJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

I have a Patriot/Surfer deck that looks like:
1 - Squirrel Girl
1 - Misty Knight
2 - Shocker
3 - Mystique
3 - Silver Surfer
3 - Patriot
3 - Brood
3 - Cosmo
3 - Cyclops
3 - Maximus
5 - Iron Man
5 - Sera

For the featured location, it might be worth switching Shocker to Sinister to keep a token on the lane that gets buffed. Yours is missing a lot of key Patriot pieces and looks like the only thing that really sees advantage is Brood.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

To me the whole point of running surfer patriot is getting to run the card debrii and stealing 10% of your games. But I've tried debriiless and debriid and it doesnt feel that good either way.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 12, 2023

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
They still haven't fixed the priority indicator not switching in a timely fashion. Ugh.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Studio posted:

Silenced by Enchantress, or Silenced by the location? Those are Technically Different

Leeched, I didn’t screenshot but Elysium, opponent had Armor, Onslaught left, Mr. Fantastic, Cpt. America with ⚠️ overlay mid and Lizard right. They snapped after my early leech and I put them on Destroyer, on 5 I was solidly ahead right, slightly ahead mid and slightly behind left, I think I played Doom & my Lizard into their Spectrum/Antman left which added 23? power left and another 8 mid to the silenced units on board. Just wasn’t expecting a topdecked Spectrum to change the mid math in that way too.

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

No Wave posted:

To me the whole point of running surfer patriot is getting to run the card debrii and stealing 10% of your games. But I've tried debriiless and debriid and it doesnt feel that good either way.

Had the same experience - surfer patriot runs out of space in too many games for Debrii. Without debrii patriot seems better sans-surfer.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Maneck posted:

They still haven't fixed the priority indicator not switching in a timely fashion. Ugh.

I'm also getting a weird sort of bug on ios where the end turn button is wonky on turn 5. I've skipped several turn 6 plays because of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Kind of. I instant snap if they play Maximus before turn 6. It started as a mindgame, and became a Pavlovian response. It is ridiculously rare that it causes a retreat though.

You need overwhelming board presence to scare people away in my experience.

I play a surfer deck that I'm sure has a negative winrate, but it climbs cause of the 4 and 8 cube wins it gets from dropping Odin into a Surfer+Guardians lane to boost Brood in another lane. I can count on one hand the number of times people have put a Cosmo in that lane in the last two seasons.

# (1) Nova
# (2) Forge
# (2) Star-Lord
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (3) Rogue
# (3) Wolfsbane
# (3) Brood
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Rhino
# (3) Groot
# (5) Sera
# (6) Odin
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VyYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUm9ndWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNpbHZlclN1cmZlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQnJvb2QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlJoaW5vIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJGb3JnZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR3Jvb3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik9kaW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN0YXJsb3JkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOb3ZhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaWxsbW9uZ2VyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXb2xmc2JhbmUifV19
#

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jan 12, 2023