Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
terminator 2........ a classic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
fans of terminator 2 and tomcat should play The Getaway: High Speed II

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

fans of terminator 2 and tomcat should play The Getaway: High Speed II

is this available on one of the pinball games

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

is this available on one of the pinball games

I have it on PC Pinball Arcade but idk who the hell has pinball table licenses anymore

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Me and my brother used to steal quarters off the bar my dad owned to play terminator pinball and double dragon. lol good times

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I have it on PC Pinball Arcade but idk who the hell has pinball table licenses anymore

There's a big rear end pinball expo around me every year that I've been meaning to go to for almost a decade at this point maybe this year will be the year!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

There's a big rear end pinball expo around me every year that I've been meaning to go to for almost a decade at this point maybe this year will be the year!

i went to one (in Tacoma) a few years back and it was 100% sick

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i hate pinball

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I got like 100 million points on some Mario pinball table I played when I was on holiday once 25 years ago, that was cool.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Looper posted:

i hate pinball

deleting your venmo that i was going to send four hundred and ninety nine us dollars to now, apologies.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I played a lot of pokemon pinball but none of those skills transferred to irl tables. I’m awful

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Looper posted:

i hate pinball

Mods??????????

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

the bowling alley in town (the lovely one, not the fancy one) had a simpsons table that never worked :smith:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Every game available on ps5 is a ps5 exclusive to me cuz it's the only gaming device I own

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

whats your favorite pinball table OPs. mine is Bram Stoker's Dracula

Medieval Madness, probably. I like the shots and I think it's neat that Tina Fey and Scott Adsit have voice clips in it.

My pinball league starts back up today. I put in some preplay scores last week and this will be the first season I'm playing since I had the mini eggo in July. Last time this happened I was rusty and was bumped down a division, but I got 1st place in Div B right before I had to raise a baby. Div A is full of top IFPA players so it's kind of a "I'd rather be king of hell than serve in heaven" situation with getting good enough to make the Div A cut.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Pinball sucks @$$. It's 2023... no one cares about "achieving" "high scores"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Aerosmith convinced me one time that music was a weapon to be used against the new world order and man I've been cranking the volume up lately and all I get are calls from angry neighbor.

I've always been told the arcade version of that game was the only way to play, but all I've ever experienced was the apparently bad port to Genesis.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Jay Rust posted:

That's because now all people want, is a freaking participation trophy!!!!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jay Rust posted:

If you've never experienced the endorphin high that comes when a voice screams "MULTI-BALL!!!" and the game goes absolutely bonkers then I feel bad for you, friend.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
bram stokers dracula...... when you get all the multiballs active at once and it yells "THIRTY MILLION!!!!!!!" repeatedly every time you hit a target...... gaming bliss

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

when the multi ball happens, i pog

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

whats your favorite pinball table OPs. mine is Bram Stoker's Dracula

Oo it's probably medieval madness but black hole would be a close second

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Actually maybe monster bash

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

If you've never experienced the endorphin high that comes when a voice screams "MULTI-BALL!!!" and the game goes absolutely bonkers then I feel bad for you, friend.

Heh I guess my brain chemicals are just a little more refined, "friend"

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

bram stokers dracula...... when you get all the multiballs active at once and it yells "THIRTY MILLION!!!!!!!" repeatedly every time you hit a target...... gaming bliss

Playing Champion Pub and having it yell "JACKPOT" at you with cheers, it's addicting.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
No wait. Black Knight.

Man I need to load up pinball arcade tonight

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jay Rust posted:

Heh I guess my brain chemicals are just a little more refined, "friend"

All this time I've been riding coach on the gaming plane and I never even knew

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

do ppl make fake pinball cabinets that USB plug into their computers so you can have the satisfying button pressing, and i assume also a plunger?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Here's one of my fave pinball tables.

Looper posted:

i hate pinball

What about spinball?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Gottileb :barf:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

me:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I already have the one "high score" that matters.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyS89RVsjIY

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Metroid Prime Pinball for the DS was good

It makes sense to adapt a franchise where the main character can already turn into a ball

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

haveblue posted:

Metroid Prime Pinball for the DS was good

It makes sense to adapt a franchise where the main character can already turn into a ball

Kirby Pinball land is good too but Sonic Spinball is really bad. Maybe it makes less sense than we think

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Saw some "speedrun" of the space cadet pinball game for windows. Just watching that for 3 minutes and hearing the sounds brought me back

No idea what was going on in that game most of the time as a kid

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wanna play more pinballvanias like Yoku's Island Express

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

When the COVID starting going around and the world entered it's pandemic quarantine, there was a group of goons who started an online pinball league through Pinball FX3. That was fun for a few seasons, although kind of tricky to manage. One of the fruits it bore was introducing me to the poster TheMcD, who records the music tests from pinball machines and puts them on YouTube. Here are some tables I like, and there are some more on their channel. It's neat because a lot of the tracks can go by completely unnoticed when playing, like the Hit Cousin It and Mamushka tunes in Addams Family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzdVuCfcSbA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXzvfgFr_10

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

FirstAidKite posted:

I wanna play more pinballvanias like Yoku's Island Express

:hai:

I wonder what the developer is up to. Such a fun weird little game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Exclusives are the reason to actually get a console though I get people hating the ones where it's just "we bought a studio".

I think the problem is when there's like literally just one exclusive you want and can't justify a purchase over it. Like there are literally two PS5 exclusives (out of 5) that I have any interest in, ff7 remake 2, and FF16 and that ain't worth 500 smackers

Imo reason to get consoles are so you can play high end games without having to spend $1500+ on a beefy computer. The beefy computer is gonna be better and also more generally useful but yeah they're kinda hecking expensive. $500 in comparison is way more affordable. And of you've already bought a beefy PC, why waste the money on a console that does what you have already but worse?

The only exclusives I really hate though are unsurprisingly all Sony Playstation stuff because those assholes keep poo poo exclusive for multiple years which is ridiculous.

It's like whatever, guess you don't want my money!