Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

"Vilgilantism gone wrong?" Vigilantism is illegal in all fifty loving states, it's wrong by definition

Illegal and wrong are two completely different concepts though. For example, until recently, smoking weed was illegal in said 50 states, but it isn't wrong. On the other hand, driving cars everywhere, even in cities, is legal, yet clearly wrong.

Edit: not saying shooting kids because of cars is cool, but the opposite vigilantism where you smash the car of a known drunk driver is not wrong in my book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/PubliColaNews/status/1612683924248879104?s=20&t=2_razjJR4Bx8jcxJYEXidg

loving historical presentation of loving drive-thrus.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

In the same vein as preserving the Berlin Wall or the Unabomber Cabin

mystes
May 31, 2006

BonHair posted:

Illegal and wrong are two completely different concepts though. For example, until recently, smoking weed was illegal in said 50 states, but it isn't wrong. On the other hand, driving cars everywhere, even in cities, is legal, yet clearly wrong.

Edit: not saying shooting kids because of cars is cool, but the opposite vigilantism where you smash the car of a known drunk driver is not wrong in my book.
I don't think wrong in gone wrong means morally wrong

However gone wrong implies there was a way for it to go right

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

How difficult is it to install bollards? No reason, just wondering.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

forget stealing a car, half of americans think you should be allowed to kill someone who touches your car

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Polo-Rican posted:

forget stealing a car, half of americans think you should be allowed to kill someone who touches your car

Thankfully the car is well equipped to kill those who touch it

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

Thankfully the car is well equipped to kill those who touch it

As we post Tesla engineers are adding a “lethal force” option to Sentry Mode.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

that’s a drive through? news to me, it’s been inoperable for as long as I’ve lived here (my entire life). they don’t even have the front doors anymore you gotta go in through the back via the parking lot

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Every store is a drive through if you trust your accelerator.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
i looked up the place and it's loving confusing. you drive in and pick up stuff on your left, but then have to immediately cross over to the right to avoid traffic coming from the street into the parking lot? what the hell

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Loucks posted:

Every store is a drive through if you trust your accelerator.

Walls are fascism :patriot:

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/11/us/amtrak-delayed-va-fl.html

quote:

Amtrak blamed the delay on a CSX freight train that hit an unoccupied vehicle in Lake City, S.C., just before 11 p.m. on Monday, about six hours after the auto train left Lorton, Va.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I do not in fact like this. I do not like this at all.

That woman should reach across the desk and deck that dude.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The Algorithm knows me too well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECA6qu8khQ0

This poo poo is loving psychotic. I wonder how much our media's treatment of bad driving as, like, "quirky" or just a fun personality trait or something contributes to chronic carbrain in America.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Negligent driver takes out ghost bike
https://www.instagram.com/p/CnTN5GnOSFr/?igshid=Yzg5MTU1MDY=

Fortunately no actual ghosts were harmed.

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Petanque posted:

i looked up the place and it's loving confusing. you drive in and pick up stuff on your left, but then have to immediately cross over to the right to avoid traffic coming from the street into the parking lot? what the hell

love the one way arrow into the bollard I hope people are following the rules

mystes
May 31, 2006

If only designers of bad bike paths were asking this question

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
the caption is a little overstated imo but here's a view of what it's like to ride around my city

https://twitter.com/JoshuaCAgar/status/1613438742488035328

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
bike lanes and cars using turn signals? paradise compared to the US

mystes
May 31, 2006

From the description I was expecting a Terry B video or something

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
https://twitter.com/flglmn/status/1613172699529977858

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

gradenko_2000 posted:

the caption is a little overstated imo but here's a view of what it's like to ride around my city

This is so much more pleasant than Houston. The low car speeds is the biggest difference. Cars only slow down in my Houston neighborhood because the roads are so hosed up that people are afraid to drive faster, and drivers still drive faster than that traffic.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I know this is just a visitor's perspective, but I felt more comfortable biking around SEA than I do here in the US because the chaos is expected and people don't hate you for simply being on a bike. Plus there was a whole covered bike parking lot at the Tesco.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

e.pilot posted:

bike lanes and cars using turn signals? paradise compared to the US

one of the most useful skills you can develop as a cyclist in the US is a sixth sense that tells you when the driver in the lane next to you is about to turn right without checking to see if there's anyone in the bike lane

there are the obvious tells, yes, but i swear i've avoided crashes on multiple occasions because i noticed that the car next to me drifted exactly one inch to the right and accelerated to only 10 mph over the speed limit instead of 11 and knew, for a fact, that the driver was going to turn right at the end of the block without signaling or looking

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I know this is just a visitor's perspective, but I felt more comfortable biking around SEA than I do here in the US because the chaos is expected and people don't hate you for simply being on a bike. Plus there was a whole covered bike parking lot at the Tesco.

my best friend and i rented scooters in vietnam and had a blast. traveling in a pack with all your two wheeled buddies rules

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

i went once to that walgreens, it looked like it was a warzone in and out and armed security guards patroled, and just as the previous poster mentioned you have to go through the parking lot to get in as their front doors have been closed forever.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
An American truck in Paris

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Mayor Dave posted:

Aww, he folded the side mirror in to take up less space, how considerate!

Speaking of turn signals, the norm in Denmark seems to be to activate then when you start turning. This me exactly zero seconds to respond, so that's nice. At least the vast majority of drivers know to look for cyclists, since we're pretty common.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

gradenko_2000 posted:

there’s also so many masks :3 how delightful

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Shamelessly stolen from the PYF webcomics thread

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Mayor Dave posted:

lol it has a tramp stamp

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
just saw four suvs in succession roll past a stop sign in a residential neigborhood

cop initiated the movement

rot starts at the head

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

https://twitter.com/mentalheadline/status/1613852468290486273

:sickos:

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Mayor Dave posted:

imagine being so in love with your truck that you give it a tramp stamp and have it shipped overseas so you can go on vacation together

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Loucks posted:

Gotta have a place to put all that stuff you keep buying. :homebrew:

there's people/families that can make use of that space, but a 4/4 3000sqft house isn't what I'd be looking for if I wanted 'affordable'

four loving bathrooms lol

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/StephenCourtade/status/1614020896603230223

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

who the hell laid out this bollard plan lmfao

just gonna give this sidewalk some acupuncture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name

Hubbert posted:

who the hell laid out this bollard plan lmfao

just gonna give this sidewalk some acupuncture

There's no overkill when it comes to car jerks