Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

TotalLossBrain posted:

About that rear end in a top hat hosing down the homeless woman

Lol, given what he did its only fair he receive a deluge of bad PR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

TotalLossBrain posted:

Other than cops not giving a gently caress about the health and safety of a person and jumping to protect a business, this image looks pretty blessed to me!

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!

Lol I guess having all that contact information posted wasn’t going too well at the moment.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Howard The Dork posted:

Lol I guess having all that contact information posted wasn’t going too well at the moment.

No sir! I think you'll find that this maintenance was scheduled ahead of time (just before the homeless hose down).

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Cocaine Bear posted:

Other than cops not giving a gently caress about the health and safety of a person and jumping to protect a business, this image looks pretty blessed to me!

Cops exist to protect capital, not people

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The real curse are the reply guys going "If YoU KneW hOmeLeSS hErE YoU wOuLD dO tHe SaMe" and "ShE wAs ThErE tWo WeEkS!" to every post about it.

The forcing of a false binary where a genuine problem justifies torturing a human being with freezing water in winter is so loving Busch League.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

That guy will be a Fox or Newsmax hero within a week.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Scratch Monkey posted:

Cops exist to protect capital, not people

Yeah. And it's gross.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Cocaine Bear posted:

Yeah. And it's gross.

Its even worse than that. Its not all capital, just capital belonging to the gentry.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

That guy will be a Fox or Newsmax hero within a week.

Impossible. He lives in San Francisco.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
He'll close up shop and move to Florida where he can be a boomer superhero.

Hoseman.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

!Klams posted:

Yeah, I totally agree. I think, discovering how simple of a concept 'Non-Euclidean' actually is really opened my eyes to how surprising it is it doesn't exist more in computer games. I always thought it was some super complex mathematical thing (and I guess probably fully describing it is, but) essentially all it means is that objects or spaces can exist in the same place as each other. So, y'know you go into a room through one door and the head to the exit, and the exit is the same door as the one you came in through back into the same room. Because the entrance and the exit exist in the same space physically as each other. Or like you go downstairs and it takes you to a room above the one you were in.

That's not non-Euclidean geometry. If you want to see how that actually would play out, look at Hyperbolica.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/MikoziNetwork/status/1612300878223998976?t=icuINDd-NfevTazdbPCdrw&s=19

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Now that’s some outside the box thinking.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Outside the pine box, anyway.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Finally, a dick sucking simulator.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Vapes are just getting weirder and weirder.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I saw a vape rig that looked like the carton of milk you get with a school lunch at the vape shop the other day.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Cameroon is a country that has scam upon scam. Ever see someone selling puppies on Facebook? Odds are it's a scammer in Cameroon.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

TotalLossBrain posted:

exactly what the police are for. Protecting the property of the rich property owners.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Is the CNN headline about Macron because he is raising the retirement age a considerable amount?

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

ultrafilter posted:

Outside the pine box, anyway.

Is this guy an employee of poo poo?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

It's probably Shift

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

ManBoyChef posted:

Is the CNN headline about Macron because he is raising the retirement age a considerable amount?

from 62 to 64 I believe. But the article notes that France has a plethora of retirement programs and points out the national ballet company's policy allowing retirement for dancers at 42 which had been tradition since the 18th century.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Dr. Quarex posted:

Is this guy an employee of poo poo?

Yeah its a really lovely company to work for. That thing he is wearing actually blasts you in the mouth with either super sour spray or blast you in the eyes with super spicy spray if you are not working at 110% productivity. guess he better skip lunch again.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
ballet will destroy your bod tho, they basically gotta retire asap

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

It's probably Shift
Looking at this not on my phone it now appears the glasses themselves say "Shiftall," so, O.K., guess that is the long name for the catchy short name poo poo

ManBoyChef's post is still probably true though

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

It's probably Shift

Googling around it looks like they make VR related vaporware

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

SniperWoreConverse posted:

ballet will destroy your bod tho, they basically gotta retire asap

They can still teach or mop the floors.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Dr. Quarex posted:

Looking at this not on my phone it now appears the glasses themselves say "Shiftall," so, O.K., guess that is the long name for the catchy short name poo poo

ManBoyChef's post is still probably true though

Nonono, it’s "Shitfall". Like when you trip over your own feet (because you can’t see them in VR) and yell "poo poo!" while falling.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

ultrafilter posted:

That's not non-Euclidean geometry. If you want to see how that actually would play out, look at Hyperbolica.

Cool game, really cool video devlog on youtube, doodie poop writing, unplayable.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

!Klams posted:

Yeah, I totally agree. I think, discovering how simple of a concept 'Non-Euclidean' actually is really opened my eyes to how surprising it is it doesn't exist more in computer games. I always thought it was some super complex mathematical thing (and I guess probably fully describing it is, but) essentially all it means is that objects or spaces can exist in the same place as each other. So, y'know you go into a room through one door and the head to the exit, and the exit is the same door as the one you came in through back into the same room. Because the entrance and the exit exist in the same space physically as each other. Or like you go downstairs and it takes you to a room above the one you were in.

I imagine it's harder to design this stuff, but, it's still trivially easy compared to real life, and so you can have experiences that can only exist in the digital format.

There was a map in loving Duke Nukem 3D of all things that revolved around this concept: Lunatic Fringe

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Once upon a time North Korea made a cartoon “to teach love, friendship, and patriotism to children.” It stared cutesy animals and was called Squirrel and Hedgehog.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squirrel_and_Hedgehog

https://i.imgur.com/heWPpyf.gifv

https://youtu.be/iV41khJKhBs

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jan 13, 2023

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Liquid Chicken posted:

Solution meet problem. Just keep feeding it your trash.

Of course on stray ember and you'll have a flaming dumpster on wheels.

I'm seeing about 5 different muppets in that car

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Nothing cursed about density bud

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Is this the new graphics card?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Nothing cursed about density bud

it's like watching mold grow and slowly engulf a piece of bread or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

I can practically smell the urine and soggy pizza.