Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Stranger of Paradise is funny as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Also, I obtained a disc containing Infinite Warfare for tenbux. I am on the 3rd mission and despite the fact that I am playing as SUPEREARTH operator imperialists against galactic communards the sheer spectacle of it all is indeed based. I'll post my final impressions when I wrap it up, which probably won't take long knowing this series.

QoP and Veni, you win this round :blastu:

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jan 12, 2023

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

I have still not beaten Elden Ring despite having it from day1. AMA

when is goldeneye com,jng out on xbox and switch

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Also, I obtained a disc containing Infinite Warfare for tenbux. I am on the 3rd mission and despite the fact that I am playing as SUPEREARTH operator imperialists against galactic communards the sheer spectacle of it all is indeed based. I'll post my final impressions when I wrap it up, which probably won't take long knowing this series.

QoP and Veni, you win this round :blastu:

it's so underrated! If it wasn't called COD people would give it much more time of day. I think it's the best in the series by miles and it looks insane on PS5

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
WHEre a re the bresth of fire remasters CAPCOM?????? Even konami has started to get its poo poo together. You have no excuse!!!!!!!!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I’m like, THIS close to preordering a PSVR2. It’d be my first be headset ever, I’ve never even tried one before

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

when is goldeneye com,jng out on xbox and switch

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s funny that they did infinite warfare to cash in on the space game fever stoked up by star citizen and now nobody cares and star citizen still doesn’t exist

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I thought they did it because it was a natural step from the one where you had that robot armour

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Infinite Warfare was quite fun, in spite of a severe lack of cool non-automatic rifles

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I’m like, THIS close to preordering a PSVR2. It’d be my first be headset ever, I’ve never even tried one before

I want to as well. What games would you get to justify it? Right now, I can only think of RE Village and No Man's Sky.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

blackguy32 posted:

I want to as well. What games would you get to justify it? Right now, I can only think of RE Village and No Man's Sky.
Horizon VR Game

That's the seller for me, I'm in the same boat (never used VR), so I gotta go try out my neighbor's set and make sure I don't have like, the cilantro gene but for VR

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I preorderes the VR2 in November. Can't wait to experience GT7 in VR with my wheel and pedals. The better image quality is going to be a gamechanger, VR2 was a strain on the eyes after a while due to the grainy quality.

Andhopefully Squadrons gets an update. Being tipped out of the Star Destroyer in the Tie and "falling" to the planet was crazy. That game with better graphics would be mind blowing.

Edit: NMS is much more fun in VR, still not a great survival game, but the sense of the planets' size and everything is really cool.
Maybe Green Hell VR comes to PSVR2, that game is almost perfect.

Edit2: Jup GH is confirmed for PSVR2.

Hopper fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jan 12, 2023

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I would really encourage you to try one before putting down money, if only to make sure you aren't in the small subset of people who are totally unable to handle it

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

I'm excited for Horizon too although I already know I'm gonna put it on whatever the easiest setting is cause my brain isn't good at oh no a thing is attacking me in VR. I keep forgetting about NMS and then getting excited again because I've never played it and I'm easily impressed by cool alien worlds to explore.

Ragnarock I already love on Quest as a rhythm game more focused on metal/celtic music/basically just more my kind of music than Beat Saber and Audica, I'm really looking forward to having nicer graphics and a comfier headset for it.

Is Skyrim worth it for someone who loved Morrowind waaaay back in the day but hasn't touched Elder Scrolls at all since then? The snowy mountainy sort of setting doesn't do much for me and everyone always says Skyrim needs modding but on the other hand it is a big game full of stuff to do that I could experience for the first time.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Currently installing Stranger of Paradise. Menu music goes extremely hard lol

What in this game makes it 80+ GB :eyepop:

Its funny because the ps4 version is smaller at like 40 gigabytes or so. So they've obviously hosed up the delta patching or something for the ps5 so it has to install the base version and then the fixed one on top.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Is PSVR2 moving away from the 'click to move ahead 6 feet' mechanic? It was such a fun killer with NMS on version 1.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

magiccarpet posted:

Is PSVR2 moving away from the 'click to move ahead 6 feet' mechanic? It was such a fun killer with NMS on version 1.

Probably not since that's outright necessary to offset motion sickness (although I think most games give you the option for traditional movement too).

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Organza Quiz posted:

I'm excited for Horizon too although I already know I'm gonna put it on whatever the easiest setting is cause my brain isn't good at oh no a thing is attacking me in VR. I keep forgetting about NMS and then getting excited again because I've never played it and I'm easily impressed by cool alien worlds to explore.

Ragnarock I already love on Quest as a rhythm game more focused on metal/celtic music/basically just more my kind of music than Beat Saber and Audica, I'm really looking forward to having nicer graphics and a comfier headset for it.

Is Skyrim worth it for someone who loved Morrowind waaaay back in the day but hasn't touched Elder Scrolls at all since then? The snowy mountainy sort of setting doesn't do much for me and everyone always says Skyrim needs modding but on the other hand it is a big game full of stuff to do that I could experience for the first time.

I honestly am having a hard time playing through Skyrim. Its probably because its such an old game and I am trying to play it like I play Fallout by exploring everything and burning myself out. Its a somewhat different experience from Morrowind in my opinion so you may like it or hate it. But I am leaning on saying to get it. Its a solid game.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Organza Quiz posted:

You mean in VR? Not the PSVR1 Version anything at 2+ meters distance became a blurry mess, especially the characters.
If a PSVR2 Version is released with updated graphics, it could potentially be great. While not pretty it was a surprisingly immersive experience through VR.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Hopper posted:

You mean in VR? Not the PSVR1 Version anything at 2+ meters distance became a blurry mess, especially the characters.
If a PSVR2 Version is released with updated graphics, it could potentially be great. While not pretty it was a surprisingly immersive experience through VR.

Yeah I mean PSVR2, there's no way I'm playing it flatscreen at this point. I thought it had been confirmed for it, just checked again and it looks like not but it's Skyrim so surely it will at some point.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

univbee posted:

Probably not since that's outright necessary to offset motion sickness (although I think most games give you the option for traditional movement too).

Yeah most games let you select one or the other, including NMS on PSVR 1 (there's a toggle in the options menu)

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Skyrim is fine. The story and writing is as dry as it gets and repetition sets in after a bit but it still scratches the “wander around and find places and loot everything not nailed down” itch. It’s probably a more “casual” experience than Morrowind but if you can get it on the cheap you’ll probably have fun.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Vikar Jerome posted:

5 insanely hugh games on the go at once! The power!!!

This is why I take like a year to finish most games or just never finish them at all! It's an affliction!

Stranger of Paradise is funny as gently caress.

Insane to me how overlooked it was in every gaming site's best of lists. Jack is a top tier FF protagonist and the novelty of pile driving a sahagin so hard it bursts into crystals while on a whirlwind tour of the entire series' greatest hits has gotta be worth something

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

SoP had fantastic boss fights all around too, can't speak for the dlc or anything though.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

blackguy32 posted:

Those and the Horizon game, yeah. This purchase would be more of a long-term investment, hoping there’s enough support in the long run.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I went in on the Horizon bundle, between my work discount and payment gimmicks I can do with the card my store offers it was a much easier sell to say $120 CAD a month for 6 months instead of an $820 upfront purchase. I'm still disappointed that a lot of VR1 stuff isn't available on the 2 like man I need Rez and Tetris effect but hey NMS and Horizon and RE8 sound good.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
I finally got a PS5! I own a PS4 disc copy of Spider-Man (which I never got around to playing) - if I now want to play it and Miles Morales, what's the most cost-effective way to get the next-gen experience?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Subscribe to a month of ps plus extra so you get access to miles morales for as long as you have the sub

Then in the main menu of miles morales there’s a button you can press that takes you to a special store page to buy ps5 Spider-Man for 20bux or whatever it costs now

Your ps4 disc is now a coaster unless you want to import a ps4 save into ps5 Spider-Man in which case you can use it to export the save and then it’s a coaster.

You’ll lose MM when your sub expires but you’ll have ps5 Spider-Man forever because once you buy it from the special menu it becomes it’s own game.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jan 12, 2023

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Lamont posted:

I finally got a PS5! I own a PS4 disc copy of Spider-Man (which I never got around to playing) - if I now want to play it and Miles Morales, what's the most cost-effective way to get the next-gen experience?

Miles is available on the second tier of PlayStation Plus, it may be cheaper to flat out buy it but if you think you might use online anyway it's not much more than the basic tier.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Nuts and Gum posted:

Do you remember what system/game? Some of the early stuff was very rudimentary.

I’ve definitely tried the original PSVR at a friend’s, although I don’t remember exactly what I played on it. Mostly tech demo kind of stuff? I’m pretty sure I tried an Occulus too, that wasn’t as bad but the only thing I played on it was Beat Saber.

From what I understand the biggest issue to overcome with dizziness/motion sickness in VR is frame rate, which PSVR2 prioritizes. So I’m optimistic, the bigger hurdle might be getting my wife to let me buy it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Frame rate is important but there are a lot of subtle little things about the camera and motion that you need to get right and not every game does

I played a lot of VR and eventually got pretty resistant to motion sickness, with one exception- Battlezone would always, always throw me for a loop. I don't know what it was, just something in the way the tank drove and rotated completely hosed me up and I never got used to it

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I feel lucky that I’ve never even had a second of discomfort with any VR title.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’ve played a lot of PC and PSVR and usually turn off all the ‘comfort’ stuff in favour of getting a more immersive experience but RIGS is the only thing that’s ever made me feel sick as a dog after about 5 minutes, dunno why but it absolutely ruined me.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

History Comes Inside! posted:

Subscribe to a month of ps plus extra so you get access to miles morales for as long as you have the sub

Then in the main menu of miles morales there’s a button you can press that takes you to a special store page to buy ps5 Spider-Man for 20bux or whatever it costs now

Your ps4 disc is now a coaster unless you want to import a ps4 save into ps5 Spider-Man in which case you can use it to export the save and then it’s a coaster.

You’ll lose MM when your sub expires but you’ll have ps5 Spider-Man forever because once you buy it from the special menu it becomes it’s own game.

Amazing, thanks! It ended up being £13 to upgrade to Extra for the next 8 months so that's pretty decent, plus I'm sure there's a bunch of other games on there I might play

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

How does the PS4 to PS5 upgrade work? Is there a specific list of games that have free upgrades? I assume I should be able to buy a PS4 game and upgrade to the PS5 version if an upgrade is available?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

When you go to their store/game page, you can often click the ... button and see the different versions. If the store title has PS4 & PS5 in its title, when you go to the download screen you can choose which one to download.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

obi_ant posted:

How does the PS4 to PS5 upgrade work? Is there a specific list of games that have free upgrades? I assume I should be able to buy a PS4 game and upgrade to the PS5 version if an upgrade is available?

It can be annoying and varies a bit between games.

For disc games: Insert the disc. This will put the PS4 version of the game on your home list of games. If you hover over it, there should be a link in the sort of "page" that loads that will say "free PS5 upgrade" that you can navigate to, select, and then "buy". This will give you a downloadable copy of the game that mostly works like a typical digital purchase (so you don't even need the disc to install), but what gets installed will require the PS4 version's disc to be launchable. For games which have paid upgrades, this may work similarly, but for a small number of games you have to access the upgrade through the PS4 game's menus (this will open a hidden store page giving you access to the upgrade).

For digital games you own the PS4 version of, search the store, the PS5 version should show up as free and you can just buy it (and this will give you a proper full digital version, no disc or anything required).

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

obi_ant posted:

Do not assume there's a free upgrade path. Yes there's some games that you can buy a cheap PS4 version and get a free upgrade vs. paying more for the PS5 version. If there's a game you're curious about, I'd google it first to check the upgrade path.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

If you're always curious/need help come to the Playstation goon discord. Operators are standing by to answer all of your various questions regarding Playstation and even other consoles.

We're faster than ps support!