Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm excited to see Minecraft Legends this month. I'm not afraid to say it. It's the studio that did Dungeons, right? I mean it's all Mojang I guess I just don't know if they have different teams or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

External Organs posted:

I'm excited to see Minecraft Legends this month. I'm not afraid to say it. It's the studio that did Dungeons, right? I mean it's all Mojang I guess I just don't know if they have different teams or what.
Wiki says it's a joint development between Mojang (dunno what team though) and Blackbird Interactive (Homeworld series, Hardspace: Shipbreaker)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

ErrEff posted:

No Switch or Steam crossplay, only between people playing via Xbox.

Honestly kind of relieved now I don’t have to play it with them, they are massively levelled and I’d feel bad dragging them down. Plus the game doesn’t really interest me anyway.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

games i cant stand to play (anxiety + scary) is doom eternal

nooo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

doomy turnal... is goated

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Huxley posted:

Yeah, as one of the biggest advocates and boosters for Monster Hunter, if you are emotionally sensitive to animals in pain, even to capture vs kill you have to beat the things to the brink, and they really show it. Parts fly off, damage shows up, limping, frothing, panting. When they stop and pant in pain and exhaustion, that's the part where you're supposed to hit them the hardest.

And really, I totally get it. I took a long break from non-Nintendo consoles and found that, coming back this year having had a couple of kids, I can't play games where I shoot people. No matter what the context or enemy, if I'm shooting a person and they're going "hlaguauga" and dying, I just can't stomach it.

This is really great to know. Thanks. I know it's stupid because it's just pixels but it'd be a bumper if they're animals just living their life and not like monster animals destroying a town. Also if they seem to be in distress and don't just, you know, die in a puff of smoke or something.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

doomy turnal... is goated

Remember at the start of the Doom 2016 thread that goon that kept calling Doom, R***** 4? It was super funny when the game came out being great and everyone making fun of him?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

There’s plenty of other reasons to not play doom eternal. Mostly that it stinks. Love my fps to be full of jumping puzzles and moba cool downs.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Huxley posted:

I think the idea of, "this is a large, one-of-a-kind animal just tooling around its native habitat; now I gotta go kill it," just makes them sad. Not necessarily a moral stance against other people or that they're unable to acknowledge that it's all just pixels and storyline.

Just, killing a big beautiful thing there's only one of produces a negative emotion. Like I said above, shooting humans bums me out. I played an hour of that sniper game a couple of months ago where the whole appeal is blowing Nazis balls off or whatever and it just made me sad to be doing it. Nazis are bad and deserve their balls blown off, and the game isn't real it's a theme park ride. I know all this intellectually. But the actual act of doing it made me feel bad.

JFK Reloaded 4k remaster when?

Huxley posted:

I'm shooting a person and they're going "hlaguauga" and dying, I just can't stomach it.

gently caress, I missed the JerkCity FPS

Rev. Bleech_ fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jan 12, 2023

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Snacksmaniac posted:

There’s plenty of other reasons to not play doom eternal. Mostly that it stinks. Love my fps to be full of jumping puzzles and moba cool downs.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Snacksmaniac posted:

you must suck

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

at the game

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Not a fan. Bad game

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

moba cooldowns, aka abilities. buttons that do cool things

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Not a fan. Bad game

sometimes... even thouse who are always right... get it wrong

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

sometimes... even thouse who are always right... get it wrong

as they say, even john romero made daikatana.....

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

so much fun toys to kill the enemies with. blissful game

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Doom Eternal was absolutely incredible, yeah

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Doody Turdal.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Doom: Infinite when? Now with an open world and towers everywhere.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The new dooms are some of the worst games I've played in my life

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Jumping? In first person shooter?!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I liked 2016

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Jumping? In first person shooter?!

doom 2, the greatest game of all time, did not have jumping. makes you think

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but hating on Doom Eternal is herb behavior.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Yeah.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Hulk Krogan posted:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but hating on Doom Eternal is herb behavior.
I wasn’t a huge fan of the resource management combat loop that the game very clearly wants to force you into, but that’s fine that’s whatever. Not for me.

As a UX artist the game offends me on a deep personal level and makes me want to rip my dick off with a claw hammer.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah I have no ill will if you like Eternal it just wants you to play it in a specific way and it is not a playstyle that I vibed with

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
it gave me Character Action game vibes so its the better of the two modern DOOMs actually. it needed an end of chapter ranking system though

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I don't mean this in a bad way but some of you are absolute wimps.

Stick to solitaire

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Look it's fine if you like it but glory kills are loving stupid and the way both dooms do resource management sucks. And the first game has some of the worst level design imaginable because the entire game is a bunch of arenas that lock with monsters spawning in.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The Kins posted:

Wiki says it's a joint development between Mojang (dunno what team though) and Blackbird Interactive (Homeworld series, Hardspace: Shipbreaker)

that actually sounda kinda rad so now i'm interested

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Larry Parrish posted:

Look it's fine if you like it but glory kills are loving stupid and the way both dooms do resource management sucks. And the first game has some of the worst level design imaginable because the entire game is a bunch of arenas that lock with monsters spawning in.

both those things got so much worse in doom eternal, though i didnt really mind it that much in 2016

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

yeah I have no ill will if you like Eternal it just wants you to play it in a specific way and it is not a playstyle that I vibed with

Yeah the hard turn into tactical resource management is completely antithetical to what I want from DOOM (running around blasting freaks while metal plays and I laugh maniacally)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

you can do that

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Found the poster that only plays DOOM on I’m too young to die with god mode on

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

You didn't need to call me out.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

Tankbuster posted:

oblivion and skyrim were released on the same consoles lol.

I meant it's possible that part of the scale I remember is due to multiple long loading screens and the cities wouldn't feel as big if everything loaded practically instantly thanks to SSDs.

Anyway Doom Eternal was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hatty posted:

mad... because bad?