Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
If they knew how much meme potential Nemo has they'd be voting for Cane Office I swear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
somebody in the thread was worried about being able to actually do the red mist with the current cardpool, but i'm pretty sure an all-out smoke offense with gears pages could push her to phase 2 and then two full-stop/thumb floors could kill.

on the other hand, i'm pretty sure TQ wants to show off the fight's actual mechanics, which involves winning clashes with the current cardpool, which...well, what the gently caress, basically.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
All you need to do to win against Red Most is reach her EGO phase with a Full stop Thumb firing squad waiting in the wings. You can take her from half health to 0 in one turn.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
All you need to beat Red Mist is to take Binah, really. No cheese necessary.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
yeah but like, full-stopping the red mist isn't cool

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.

Theantero posted:

All you need to beat Red Mist is to take Binah, really. No cheese necessary.

genuinely this, especially if TQ does the tier 1 general receptions before doing red mist - dong-hwan, night awls, and udjat are in there. the awls are obvious, but dong-hwan comes with mangle and toughness, and udjat counter red mist pretty well.
I said it recently, that if you have a properly built binner floor, the red mist will never leave it upon entering. And i stand by that. The floor - and binner - are designed to hard counter her.
plus, in addition to red mist keypage, it lets tq play with using binner in normal content once you beat it.

also there's the classic cheese strat of going in solo and stacking block dice and protection so you can get to Emotion Level V with red mist still in phase 1, with no cost reduction on any of her pages. Since she doesn't have shimmering, you can completely prevent her from playing GS:H at all. I highly doubt TQ will do that, and its arguably even lamer than full stop cheese, but it is viable.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
The correct way to fight red mist is to let her annihilate half your floors effortlessly before facing down Binah after everything else has softened her up and literally repeating history. :colbert:

Anyways there’s like 90% odds some polls fuckery going on today and it sure isn’t me for once. Someone seems dedicated to red misting now.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
That's really too bad, it's against the spirit of things.

It doesn't change my amusement about the collective 'literally anything else' vote getting smashed, regardless.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

GilliamYaeger posted:

All you need to do to win against Red Most is reach her EGO phase with a Full stop Thumb firing squad waiting in the wings. You can take her from half health to 0 in one turn.

I did the opposite: open with Full Stop to blitz her into EGO, then stall until she's capped on Emotion.

Second team comes in, survives one mass attack, then Red Mist is running on fumes and can't get up to speed so long as she can't proc her cost reduction.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
The most I did was vote for Smiling Mountain of Etcs to give TQ a break but a single vote counts for a lot, apparently.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

KobunFan posted:

The most I did was vote for Smiling Mountain of Etcs to give TQ a break but a single vote counts for a lot, apparently.

Honestly, I’d have preferred doing them the other way around. I am really not worried about Kali. :v:

But it’s ultimately fine, I’m sure I’ll get through either way. MOSB isn’t that bad if you bring regen.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Hey! Did you bait the thread!?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

KobunFan posted:

Hey! Did you bait the thread!?

That’s impossible. Within the lore of the thread, I don’t write the polls. :shrug:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
You know I was going to ask at some point back when the polls didn't want us doing Realizations but I dropped it silently, but now that you say that I figured I should ask:

So it is supposed to be Carmen writing these polls, right?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
And we have a release date!

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1611292297328726017

27th of Feburary!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Sweet, that's actually sooner than I thought.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a6cVogn2nE

New gameplay video! It's an intro to gameplay mechanics and combat skills - mostly chaining and attack affinities (being the standard slash/pierce/blunt from Ruina as well as the seven sins).

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jan 6, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Wait, February 27th is Angela's birthday.

And there's 49 days between today (Jan 6th) and that day, just a hair short of the 50 days that make up Lobotomy Corp.

Dammit, Jihoon, is this intentional?

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Junpei posted:

Wait, February 27th is Angela's birthday.

And there's 49 days between today (Jan 6th) and that day, just a hair short of the 50 days that make up Lobotomy Corp.

Dammit, Jihoon, is this intentional?

:tinfoil:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

GilliamYaeger posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a6cVogn2nE

New gameplay video! It's an intro to gameplay mechanics and combat skills - mostly chaining and attack affinities (being the standard slash/pierce/blunt from Ruina as well as the seven sins).

A few things of note in this:

-Greed isn't one of the sins, but that one we saw that got translated as Melancholy gets confirmed as the cyan one, and also officially called "Gloom".
-A few new Identities seen: WARP Meursault gets a few seconds, an Outis dressed up as one of the bug-men enemies we've seen the team wailing on shows up, we see more of Blade Lineage Yi Sang and the Hawaiian shirt Hong Lu, plus a mysterious riot shield-using Ishmael. And also a few shots of the base Identities in the LCB outfits and base weapons.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So, I'm sure some people have noticed this, but the countries the Sinner's literature is from and the numbers the Sinners are given line up with the Association's names:

Yi Sang, Korean, 1, Hana.
Faust, German, 2, Zwei.
Don Quixote, Spanish, 3, Tres.
Ryoshu, Japanese, 4, Shi.
Meursault, French, 5, Cinq.
Hong Lu, Chinese, 6, Liu.
Heathcliff, English, 7, Seven.

And further down,
Emil Sinclair, Swiss-German, 11, Oufi.

It's clearly more than a coincidence, but they don't seem to be doing anything with that with regards to the Identities-assuming that the images of 3-person teams are true, the Shi identities are Don Quixote, Heathcliff and Ishmael, no Ryoshu. And given that Identity groups seem to always have at least one male and one female member (Blade Lineage: Yi Sang, Emil Sinclair, Outis, Kurokumo Clan: Rodion, Ryoshu, Hong Lu, WARP: Don Quixote, Faust, Meursault), it looks like Hong Lu might not make Liu given the two confirmed members are Meursault and Gregor.

Do you think it's just a cute in-joke?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

So, I'm sure some people have noticed this, but the countries the Sinner's literature is from and the numbers the Sinners are given line up with the Association's names:

Yi Sang, Korean, 1, Hana.
Faust, German, 2, Zwei.
Don Quixote, Spanish, 3, Tres.
Ryoshu, Japanese, 4, Shi.
Meursault, French, 5, Cinq.
Hong Lu, Chinese, 6, Liu.
Heathcliff, English, 7, Seven.

And further down,
Emil Sinclair, Swiss-German, 11, Oufi.

It's clearly more than a coincidence, but they don't seem to be doing anything with that with regards to the Identities-assuming that the images of 3-person teams are true, the Shi identities are Don Quixote, Heathcliff and Ishmael, no Ryoshu. And given that Identity groups seem to always have at least one male and one female member (Blade Lineage: Yi Sang, Emil Sinclair, Outis, Kurokumo Clan: Rodion, Ryoshu, Hong Lu, WARP: Don Quixote, Faust, Meursault), it looks like Hong Lu might not make Liu given the two confirmed members are Meursault and Gregor.

Do you think it's just a cute in-joke?
If the pattern holds, then that means the missing Associations are...
American, 8
Russian, 9
Italian, 10
Greek, 12
German, 13

I don't know enough about languages to name them...aside from the obvious one.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
actually Gregor is using Hebrew.

8: Eight
9: девять/devât'
10: Dieci
12: δώδεκα/Dodeca
13: שְׁלוֹשׁ עֶשׂרֵה/ Hebrew has a gender thingy apparently so it's either "shlosh esre" for female or "shlosha asar" for male.

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The WARP train is wild.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
On another note, the new video with it finally clarifying the color/sin connections, lets us start connecting the Sinner's base EGOs to the sins, which I am hoping is going to give us some deeper insight into their characters.

From the TGS demo, we know that:

Yi Sang's "Crow's Eye View" is yellow, Sloth. Broadly fitting, Yi Sang is kinda languid and out of it.
Don Quixote's "Blood of Sancho" is orange, Lust. It fits in my head, but I'm not sure how best to word it. It's not bloodlust, but like... battlelust? Lust for glory?
Ryoshu's "Forest For The Flames" is red, Wrath. Ryoshu doesn't really seem all that angry, but she has been described as really loving to fight.
Hong Lu's "Land of Illusion" is cyan, Gloom. This is really intriguing since Hong Lu is 100% the guy who had the best life prior to this point.
Sinclair's "Branch of the Tree of Knowledge" is green, Gluttony. Demian is absolutely the book I am the least familiar with but conversations with others more experienced with it have said that Book!Sinclair is very hungry for knowledge, which could fit.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

re, this:

Solitair posted:

It took me until my second playthrough to cotton on to best way to handle the upcoming fight, and even then I had access to cards TeeQueue won't (from Cane Office and the Liu).

I'm pretty sure all you really need is prot from stuff like scattering slash, economy pages to keep playing scattering slash, and then hod floor for look of the day and gooey waste. The main thing is that since she doesnt have shimmering, if you can prevent her from getting her discounts on her pages you can easily starve her of light once she gets to Emo 5 and stops getting free refills, and from there you can go to town without having to worry about greater splits which are the real problem. Plus constant free staggers because she can't hit her 40-damage requirements.

DuoRogue fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jan 12, 2023

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

That would definitely work but also it would be boring

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
The game hands you the counter to Kali in Binah and her Fairy bullshit. She (apparently) doesn't even need Big and Punishing Bird's Abno pages to do it (though I'm certain they do help a little).

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

thats lore compliance

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

TeeQueue posted:

That would definitely work but also it would be boring

its funny the first time you do it and a viable way to do it super early if you arent confident in just shooting her to death but yeah just using binner after doing sotc t1 and maybe some of t2 is probably the best for casual play

vaguely related via the fact theyre both colors: does anyone enjoy using vanilla argalia?

iwfan53
May 11, 2018

DuoRogue posted:

re, this:

I'm pretty sure all you really need is prot from stuff like scattering slash, economy pages to keep playing scattering slash, and then hod floor for look of the day and gooey waste. The main thing is that since she doesnt have shimmering, if you can prevent her from getting her discounts on her pages you can easily starve her of light once she gets to Emo 5 and stops getting free refills, and from there you can go to town without having to worry about greater splits which are the real problem. Plus constant free staggers because she can't hit her 40-damage requirements.

For me, my strategy was to use run Keter since it was the only floor that gives you access to all five librarians for this particular fight, and load everyone up with lots of paralyze and even more importantly forceful gesture.

Any hit by a forceful gesture (and its rolling an umodiffied 5-16 so it isn't that hard to land hits with it) will basically drain one from all of Red Mist's rolls next turn.

Just stack a ton of debuffs on her dice, and I was able to win without needing to call in my second or third floor reinforcements.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

iwfan53 posted:

For me, my strategy was to use run Keter since it was the only floor that gives you access to all five librarians for this particular fight, and load everyone up with lots of paralyze and even more importantly forceful gesture.

Any hit by a forceful gesture (and its rolling an umodiffied 5-16 so it isn't that hard to land hits with it) will basically drain one from all of Red Mist's rolls next turn.

Just stack a ton of debuffs on her dice, and I was able to win without needing to call in my second or third floor reinforcements.

sometimes i think about how stupidly insanely good the puppet pages are and wonder how they ever got into the full release

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vz87XKxUyg

Another Limbus video, this time focusing on Skill Coins and Clashes.

-All skills have at least 1 Coin.
-A Skill has a base Power value that's then modified by a Coin Bonus, which only happens when a coin lands Heads. Sometimes they're additive, sometimes they're negative and thus you wanna hit Tails.
-"The outcome of one coin affects the next coin's result as well", though it doesn't state how.
-Clashes occur automatically in regular fights, with faster Sinners targeting frontmost enemies by default, but in Abnormality fights it works like Ruina-enemies target specific Sinners, and to redirect them you need to have a higher Speed than the slot being used for the skill.
-Clashes compare final power values after flipping all coins-if you have 3 coins, it flips all of them and applies bonuses to give you your number to compare against the enemy.
-Notably, when you Clash, if you win, the enemy gets a coin removed and then you clash again if you both still have coins. This continues until someone has no coins, at which point the other fighter uses their skill, with a damage bonus based on how many clashes happened.
-Sometimes a cut-in of the Sinner's face appears when they use a skill, at least for the base Identities that are being shown off. No clue what causes it-passive activating? a voice line occuring?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Beat the Ensemble the other day and the Black Silence yesterday. I didn't use Lean, Bloody Wings against Pluto, but I did cancel his Hex: Barrier with a mass attack and load him with Bleed and Burn. Now I'm stuck on Wrist Cutter and not confident that the Black Silence fight alone will get me through the stream I have in about four hours!

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Solitair posted:

Beat the Ensemble the other day and the Black Silence yesterday. I didn't use Lean, Bloody Wings against Pluto, but I did cancel his Hex: Barrier with a mass attack and load him with Bleed and Burn. Now I'm stuck on Wrist Cutter and not confident that the Black Silence fight alone will get me through the stream I have in about four hours!
edit: derp you're on Keter Realization

Yeah the other fights are gonna be hard enough to keep you going.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

GilliamYaeger posted:

edit: derp you're on Keter Realization

Yeah the other fights are gonna be hard enough to keep you going.

No, my worry is that I'll be stunlocked on the first realization fight for the rest of the stream. My friends would rather I use a cheat that keeps my team alive and unstaggered than see me waste their time on a long fight that ends in a loss, so I guess I might just do that. It feels bad to admit that I'll probably be doing that.

I'm also worried about what might happen if I finish the distorted ensemble, but don't have enough time to do the last fight after that. Maybe I'll see if I can get a bigger timeslot, just in case.

Solitair fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jan 13, 2023

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Solitair posted:

No, my worry is that I'll be stunlocked on the first realization fight for the rest of the stream. My friends would rather I use a cheat that keeps my team alive and unstaggered than see me waste their time on a long fight that ends in a loss, so I guess I might just do that. It feels bad to admit that I'll probably be doing that.

I'm also worried about what might happen if I finish the distorted ensemble, but don't have enough time to do the last fight after that. Maybe I'll see if I can get a bigger timeslot, just in case.
Ah, I see. Well, you've still got seven fights to go, that's enough for at least an hour or two, right?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

GilliamYaeger posted:

Ah, I see. Well, you've still got seven fights to go, that's enough for at least an hour or two, right?

On second thought, that hour might end up getting taken up by them arguing about Angela. :laffo:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

This Don sprite from the new video is so good, it makes her look so cool I almost forget she's supposed to be a delusional weirdo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Junpei posted:

This Don sprite from the new video is so good, it makes her look so cool I almost forget she's supposed to be a delusional weirdo.

She's not a delusional weirdo! She's the delusional weirdo!